Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Probably the biggest gun enthusiast on my Facebook has slowed it down with the posting lately (hasn't changed their mind, just isn't being all in-your-face with it) and actually made a post supporting gay rights, so that's been refreshing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

:ughh:

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
"Aqua snack bar" what in the gently caress?

Have to remind myself, some people consider that comedy.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Really, the worst part about the anti-logic used by the anti-vaxxers is that it breaks down completely the minute you start poking holes. For example, A vaccine is a killed/inactive pathogen. If that causes autism what the gently caress do they think a live version kicking in the door to their child's brain will do? If the vaccine caused autism then the live virus would have probably caused something worse. And that's meeting them halfway into crazytown.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Isn't Brennan that lippy, atheist stereotype strawman character on that Bones show

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

BioEnchanted posted:

Really, the worst part about the anti-logic used by the anti-vaxxers is that it breaks down completely the minute you start poking holes. For example, A vaccine is a killed/inactive pathogen. If that causes autism what the gently caress do they think a live version kicking in the door to their child's brain will do? If the vaccine caused autism then the live virus would have probably caused something worse. And that's meeting them halfway into crazytown.
Yeah but it's the chemicals in vaccines that do it.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Pilchenstein posted:

Yeah but it's the chemicals in vaccines that do it.

In that case I'll suggest that they go entirely without 'chemicals' for an entire week and see how their loving body holds up. I will seriously, personally lock them in an airtight container with no food, water or air to ensure that they don't cheat.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Aerofallosov posted:

TERFs and misogynists often use the same arguments. One of them is that a person's gender assigned at birth is immutable and that someone born in a male body is always male, and will/should do masculine things and so anyone (read: People who are transgendered) who is assigned male by birth and trying to become female is clearly trying to do so for less than savory reasons. Like sneaking into the women's restrooms, etc.
Basically, it's justification to say there's no reason for transgendered people to exist.
I've seen a lot of accusations of trans women actually being "autogynophiliacs", i.e. men who are sexually aroused by imagining themselves as women.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
I once got a private message (on another forum, not here, since I don't have plat here) calling me a "house friend of the family wanting to look like the masters" because being a trans dude = betraying femininity to join the patriarchy

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

InediblePenguin posted:

I once got a private message (on another forum, not here, since I don't have plat here) calling me a "house friend of the family wanting to look like the masters" because being a trans dude = betraying femininity to join the patriarchy

Wow. :barf:

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

...I don't get it.

Lap-Lem
Oct 21, 2005
Lap-Lem the Village Tard

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

...I don't get it.

Some Subway fast food restaurants serve Halel food. That means that they are run by the secret Muslim organization that is bent on converting the world through sub-par cold cuts.

Duh.

e. just like that time you ate a Kosher Dill pickle and became a Jew.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Masonic Youth posted:

I've seen a lot of accusations of trans women actually being "autogynophiliacs", i.e. men who are sexually aroused by imagining themselves as women.

Autogynephilia goes beyond that, even, into being a continuation of a decades-old typology recently introduced into the DSM-5 by Blanchard that holds that only someone who both identifies as a woman and is attracted to men is a "real" transwoman, and vice versa for transmen. It's heteronormative reductionist garbage, but because it says that only "straight" trans people are really trans it's another useful bludgeon for TERFs to use in claiming that anyone who has been identified as male cannot possibly be a woman.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
There has to be more to this. What was he waving, his dick?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

Autogynephilia goes beyond that, even, into being a continuation of a decades-old typology recently introduced into the DSM-5 by Blanchard that holds that only someone who both identifies as a woman and is attracted to men is a "real" transwoman, and vice versa for transmen. It's heteronormative reductionist garbage, but because it says that only "straight" trans people are really trans it's another useful bludgeon for TERFs to use in claiming that anyone who has been identified as male cannot possibly be a woman.

I like it when political lesbians – feminists who engage in lesbian relationships as a political statement against men – accuse trans women of "pretending" to be lesbians.

LoveMeDead
Feb 16, 2011

BioEnchanted posted:

Nope, my friend literally believes it's part of the natural order of things to let children suffer and die from preventable diseases. Since I unfriended her, she messaged me:

My Crazy Friend posted:

We are facing a population crisis on the planet. Nature dictates disease as a population control. It is alright to die from a natural disease. It is not alright for human kind to gently caress things up so totally, trying to prevent disease etc., that they create super pandemics as Nature adapts to what we are doing, or inflicts disease where there was none to begin with.

Vaccination isn't the way to health, there are better ways of controlling disease than to vaccinate. [Try living and eating healthily. Wait we can't do that anymore because the establishment has mucked things up so totally, all the natural foods and cures are loving gone.] Vaccination puts people at risk for medical conditions they would not have otherwise contracted. The establishment is too busy trying to create cures they can sell rather than healthy conditions for life.

Man is creating vaccinations and GMOs etc. to solve problems that don't exist outside of man's artificial system, and incidentally are loving up what evolution and Nature have created for checks and balances within a natural life system.

The establishment has taught you well if you have lost sight of the natural order to life.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

LoveMeDead posted:

Nope, my friend literally believes it's part of the natural order of things to let children suffer and die from preventable diseases. Since I unfriended her, she messaged me:

nah, she doesn't seem to really believe *anything* concrete, there are about eight contradictions in those few small paragraphs (it's our duty to die from natural disease BUT we can prevent it by eating right BUT we should die for population control which is good BUT if we don't there will be worse disease and we will die which is bad, and so on). Honestly it's pretty incoherent, don't try to find any logic in it because there is none

LoveMeDead
Feb 16, 2011

Fatkraken posted:

nah, she doesn't seem to really believe *anything* concrete, there are about eight contradictions in those few small paragraphs (it's our duty to die from natural disease BUT we can prevent it by eating right BUT we should die for population control which is good BUT if we don't there will be worse disease and we will die which is bad, and so on). Honestly it's pretty incoherent, don't try to find any logic in it because there is none

Ya, I'm done "discussing" this with her. I dread having to see her in social situations. I'm not even responding to that batch of crazy.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

If you need to go to Subway for a ham and cheese sandwich you ain't much.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

karl fungus posted:

There has to be more to this. What was he waving, his dick?

I haven't talked to the guy in almost ten years. I wouldn't be surprised if he was into the sovereign citizens thing. It wasn't a thing back then, but I could see him being into it.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

UtinniOnTheRocks posted:

Sharing this and tagging your wife in the post probably isn't going to have the effect you're hoping for, bud...

I guarantee he tagged her solely because it said "give him head."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

This thread is huge and needs to be refreshed. Someone start a new one, please.

• Locked thread