Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I just finished all the available chapters. The art is great, it reaches a consistent quality very quickly and stays at that high quality. Kinda bonkers that this is the authors first series, I can't find if they were credited as an assistant on anything before.

The plot and characters.... well, its hard to go wrong with revenge as a story throughline but 58 chapters in I still feel like I know very little about the main characters. That mystery is partially a reason to keep reading, to figure out what the deal is with the guy in the coffin and whats up with the Order, etc. but it also felt like the series was jumping to big new world building aspects faster than it could develop its main cast. Didn't really care about the vampire people although the aesthetic of that world was really cool. Don't really care too much about the main villain, they're just wandering around in the background. Don't much care about the ice wielding paladin guy, such a thin character. The series really rides on the art and stylish characters and settings and how cool magic depictions are, along with a bit of development of Guideau, who is not as impatient or battle hungry as they were at the start.

Hope the author recovers and is able to continue the series. Turning out art of that quality on a monthly schedule must be punishing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

doomrider7 posted:

This one stings because Tensei Slime: Walking the Country of Monsters hot recently cancelled due author health issues.

This is how I learn this? Aw man. Hope the author recovers.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Thirst Mutilator posted:

This is how I learn this? Aw man. Hope the author recovers.

Not entirely a salve, but the others are still going strong and there are two new ones(one about a goblin learning how to cook and another about Rimuru, Hinata, Veldora, and I think Luminas forming a dungeon crawling party to take on a tower of knowledge.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

doomrider7 posted:

Not entirely a salve, but the others are still going strong and there are two new ones(one about a goblin learning how to cook and another about Rimuru, Hinata, Veldora, and I think Luminas forming a dungeon crawling party to take on a tower of knowledge.

Looked into this and I thought the original series got cancelled, I didn't know there were SO MANY spinoffs. Still sucks, still hope the author recovers.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Looked into this and I thought the original series got cancelled, I didn't know there were SO MANY spinoffs. Still sucks, still hope the author recovers.

It's Kodansha's big money maker and pretty much THE headliner for it's LN publisher Micro Magazine who also does the Sword Dad series. Pretty much every LN release outsells the rest of the Top 10 COMBINED and the manga pulls in numbers that rival some of Jumps stuff. Series isn't going anywhere any time soon. And yeah, that one was special since it was the first spinoff and 100% canon.