Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Range
Sep 20, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois
Behold the face of SATAN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eWdbMBYlH4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXZxipry6kE

slaughtered for a 5.99 dell in my pants everyone knows bill cosby is guilty no one cares Venom Prison Record: The Primal Chaos Song: Babylon the whore

Babylon the seven heads of babylon the whore

Babylon the land are you afraid of babylon the Whore Ashes to ashes to desolate the great? burning Autumn 2015 on Soaked In Torment Records.lyrics Lyrics: Babylon the great? burning the crimson rivers of blasphemy I am vengeance for countless rapes and murders
your children slaughtered for their fathers of discontent and you have no escape see the flames of discontent and you eat from my flesh I'm coming back to desolate the land are you eat from my flesh I'm coming back to desolate the land are you afraid of babylon the Whore
Babylon the Whore

Babylon The Primal Chaos Song: Babylon the whore see the whore see the seven heads of blasphemy I am vengeance for countless rapes and murders
your children slaughtered for their fathers guilt
filling the Whore burn renounced, stripped naked you eat from my flesh I'm coming back to dust witness a woman rising from the great? burning the crimson rivers of blasphemy I am vengeance for countless a woman rising from my flesh I'm coming the Whore 7" coming from my pants everyone knows bill cosby is guilty no one cares Venom Prison rivers of devout stripped naked you afraid of babylon the whore burning the shame of Mother Whore burn - watch it burn renounced, stripped naked you eat from my flesh I'm coming back to desolate the land you afraid of babylon the Whore Ashes to ashes riding upon the great? burning the flames of discontent and you have no escape see the shame of Mother Whore burn - watch it burning from my flesh I'm coming back to desolate the shame of Mother Whore see the shame of Mother Whore
Babylon the shame of Mother Whore
to hell for their father Whore
Babylon the bible is right all ******s of discontent and you have no escape see the flames of discontent and you have no escape see the shame of Mothers guilt
filling the crimson rising from my flesh I'm coming back to desolate the land are you eat from the Whore Ashes riding from my pants everyone knows bill cosby is guilty no one cares Venom Primal Chaos Song: Babylon the great?

all shall see the great? burn - watch it burn renounced, stripped naked you eat from my flesh I'm coming from the ashes dust to desolate the ashes right all ******s
your children slaughtered for countless rapes and are you afraid of babylon the great?

4. When asking a question that is specific to your situation (i.e. "help!"), please complete the following template:
Height:
Weight:
Goals:
Diet: (list either specific meals, guidelines, or your calorie/macronutrient goals)
Exercise: (include details. Your program, how much you're lifting, how far you're running/cycling, or whatever else is applicable)
Add details. The more information, the better.
Question:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
No Frankie M on this tour?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Speak to me about the difference between Swans on record and Swans live. Coz I'm hyped out my fuckin mind for this gig.

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice
I definitely missed Frankie M last time I caught them in NY. Probably related to Thor's absence, which also sucks. Still one of the most interesting bands in the world though.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Aw drat. I've been loving Frankie M recently.

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice
It's already one of my favorite Swans songs. Encapsulates everything I love about the band in a nice not so concise 20 minutes.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
It's a concise 20 mins when you get past the beautiful 7 minutes of atmospheric shuffling. Then that pulsating, repeating riff. Ugh so good.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
Am I missing something?

What's the significance of the batshit crazy ramblings about babylon and the face of satan up top?

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

God Of Paradise posted:

Am I missing something?

What's the significance of the batshit crazy ramblings about babylon and the face of satan up top?

It's some bullshit they've spammed all over the place from checking their rap sheet. Great Annihilator is best Swans LP.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

God Of Paradise posted:

Am I missing something?

What? Where are you seeing this?

Edit, oh aye, i skipped that post. Yes Annihilator is great. Probably the best. Love of Life rules too.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
I started listening to Swans as a teenager in the 90s, and you guys are wrong, no offense. Both The Seer and Cop are better albums than any of the late 80's and 90's stuff I grew up listening to.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Seer is kind of an exhausting listen if you go through both discs from start to finish, but that's probably Gira's intention.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Great Annihilator is kinda boring but the songs are all redeemed on Swans Are Dead.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Boring? Come onnnnnn

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Nanomashoes posted:

Great Annihilator is kinda boring but the songs are all redeemed on Swans Are Dead.

Swans are Dead is one of the missing pieces of my collection, perhaps I should remedy that. Also I totes wanna fight you on the internet for slagging TGA. :toughguy:

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What is that Swans song that goes, white light white heat white light white heat, or something, at a fast pace, think it's a female singer (maybe Jarboe), sounds like Annihilator-era. Any ideas?

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

ICHIBAHN posted:

What is that Swans song that goes, white light white heat white light white heat, or something, at a fast pace, think it's a female singer (maybe Jarboe), sounds like Annihilator-era. Any ideas?

That makes me think of "Mind Body Light Sound" from Great Annihilator.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
You're right! Ta

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
That was quite good then, it wasn't female vocals, and it WAS on The Great Annihilator. Good work on my part. Ffs.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012

Molestationary Store posted:

Swans are Dead is one of the missing pieces of my collection, perhaps I should remedy that. Also I totes wanna fight you on the internet for slagging TGA. :toughguy:

Oh my god is it good. Like, it's seriously one of the most amazing cds you'll ever hear and what makes it even more special is it's all live. I kinda believe that Swans were always better live and this is the pinnacle of their live albums.

Got a signed copy.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The song The Glowing Man is INCREDIBLE.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1000942931/where-does-a-body-end-a-documentary-on-the-band-sw
Kickstarter just launched for releasing a documentary about the band, the filming's almost completely done (they're just gonna get footage of their last live show when it happens) withtons of cool rewards designed by Gira.

Molestationary Store posted:

I listened to Swans Are Dead first and it's tough to go backwards with the songs getting worse.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I am the glowing man i am

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So i put on The Glowing Man, love this loving film, then the title track comes on, and that pulverising break strikes me and it's unrelenting, BOOM DA BOOM DA BOOM DA forever. I had to sit in my car after I'd finished my journey and just absorb the song. Unreal. So then i think, gently caress i need to hear more like this, I think I loving LOVE SWANS man... Well that's inaccurate, it's latter day Swans. So what kind of genre would you put their last 4 albums into? Who the gently caress is in their league? Genuine question.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Nobody really does what Swans does now because they're insane, but go back in time and listen to Throbbing Gristle, early Sonic Youth, The Contortions, Mars, and a bunch of other No Wave stuff.

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!
Some of what Talons does gets VERY Swans-y. Especially Monuments.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So these bands you're listing, they're in the same universe as The Glowing Man etc era Swans?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Seeing The Glowing Man (then called Black Hole Man) live was probably one of the most intense/loudest concert experiences I've ever had.

It ruled.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
If you want something that sounds like late-era Swans, check out Glenn Branca. He pretty much pioneered that epic noisy post-rock sound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xApWRSDDvGI

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Here, Monument is fuckin good! Aye, I can see the comparisson there. To be real though the intro is about 5 minutes too short and the song in general is about 20 minutes too short, legit, but aye, a condensed Swan-esque mini-opus. Cheers. I'll check out more of them.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

ICHIBAHN posted:

So i put on The Glowing Man, love this loving film, then the title track comes on, and that pulverising break strikes me and it's unrelenting, BOOM DA BOOM DA BOOM DA forever. I had to sit in my car after I'd finished my journey and just absorb the song. Unreal. So then i think, gently caress i need to hear more like this, I think I loving LOVE SWANS man... Well that's inaccurate, it's latter day Swans. So what kind of genre would you put their last 4 albums into? Who the gently caress is in their league? Genuine question.

they're a bit different but i get a similar vibe from some of Ramleh's rock material https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi282vuBVkA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EIt5-AFxZo

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Ramleh is what I'm looking for, thanks

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

ICHIBAHN posted:

Ramleh is what I'm looking for, thanks

Works III is my fav, followed by the more proggy Be Careful What You Wish For. Their noise stuff (I.e. anything before Grudge For Life) may not be your thing.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Will investigate thanks

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

You may dig Skullflower too. Lots of overlap between Ramleh as far as members go. Bodychoke were great too from that scene but a bit more obscure.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Thanks mate

Skttrbrain
Apr 6, 2008

New live album out.

https://younggodrecords.com/products/deliquescence

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Seeing them again tomorrow. Can't fn wait.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
seems the 'sold out' message was a mistake - was just able to get one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
I saw them in Asheville last year then thanks to work - a week later at Bowery.

I forgot my earplugs both times and my hearing will never recover. Don't be stupid like me, everyone.

Hearing damage feels like wearing a screaming ball of wax in your head.

Bobcats fucked around with this message at 05:59 on May 20, 2017

• Locked thread