Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

iPhone 4 - battery went down all the way to 1% then off

iPad 2 - battery went down all the way to 1% then off

iPad air - battery goes down all the way to 1% then off

iPhone 5 - battery gets to 30% and then you either get random shutdowns or it jumps from 30%, to 20%, to 10% and will shut down at any time in between those points and it wont boot when you press the power button. Then after that you can usually turn it on if you leave it off for 5-10min to find the battery meter at +-20% of what it was when it died.

Its definitely A Thing for me at least. every single device I have had has had a linear, predictable percentage meter (that also happens to match up with usage time as expected) except the 5. and its not just now that my 5 is nearing on 2 years old, its been doing it for about a year, including after a full wipe and reset. My brother still uses my old 4 that I got on launch and it works fine.

Turning off the battery meter isnt magically going to resolve what is obviously a problem with the battery either incorrectly reporting its power or losing its charge quickly. Im going to get it replaced by apple when I have the time, but to say its just the user Sperging out over numbers is being a little dismissive.

Sometimes it works as expected, but not often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Laserface posted:

iPhone 4 - battery went down all the way to 1% then off

iPad 2 - battery went down all the way to 1% then off

iPad air - battery goes down all the way to 1% then off

iPhone 5 - battery gets to 30% and then you either get random shutdowns or it jumps from 30%, to 20%, to 10% and will shut down at any time in between those points and it wont boot when you press the power button. Then after that you can usually turn it on if you leave it off for 5-10min to find the battery meter at +-20% of what it was when it died.

Its definitely A Thing for me at least. every single device I have had has had a linear, predictable percentage meter (that also happens to match up with usage time as expected) except the 5. and its not just now that my 5 is nearing on 2 years old, its been doing it for about a year, including after a full wipe and reset. My brother still uses my old 4 that I got on launch and it works fine.

Turning off the battery meter isnt magically going to resolve what is obviously a problem with the battery either incorrectly reporting its power or losing its charge quickly. Im going to get it replaced by apple when I have the time, but to say its just the user Sperging out over numbers is being a little dismissive.

Sometimes it works as expected, but not often.
Your phone has quite clearly been malfunctioning for a year and you haven't bothered to go get it fixed yet?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

We're a week away from iOS 8's announcement so I think I'll close this.

• Locked thread