Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
Like, skin head Jaguars?

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Nazi Latinos and Africans is something else.

I just got my Uprising book. :)

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
Is the brawler as hot in person? Hopefully it's got the new part style instead of two tiny arms hanging on by a thread.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah it's a two piece build. Gun goes on wrist and done.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

grassy gnoll posted:

It's not as bad as most of the hardcore MO players, at least. Mostly.

Those guys are a whole different breed.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Is this the white supremist deus vult types? I don't venture into the PanO forum much, or 4chan. I assume that's where they breed.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

fatherboxx posted:

hey, I was told of some local dude that painted swastikas on Corregidor models, no one is safe

what the fuuuuuck

Flipswitch posted:

Is this the white supremist deus vult types? I don't venture into the PanO forum much, or 4chan. I assume that's where they breed.

Yeah, imagine those dudes who play 40k who are really enthusiastic about screaming "heresy" and murdering people, only mapped onto a thing from real life, and also did you know about some poo poo I made up about the Crusades because Kingdom of Heaven is my jack-off material?

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Black Block faction will have to be next, I guess.

Flipswitch posted:

I just got my Uprising book. :)

What's the coolest thing you've seen so far?

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
Is the fluff cool enough to warrant a purchase even if I never plan to play any NA2 armies?

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Cassa posted:

Black Block faction will have to be next, I guess.

Kropotkin Jurisdictional Command :anarchists:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Haven't really had time to sit down with it as I'm back in work, but it does into detail why/how each of the Dire Foes characters are involved in certain operations in the HS and related to the Uprising. There's a Skiavoros basically smacking down/threatening down a Morat Officer on how its planning an op using a Speculo Killer and another on Kerr-Nau's involvement on Dawn.

There's a handy timeline of the Uprising on a date-by-date basis which is cool and it also has the RPG style overhead views of maps which I really like as an addition to the setting. Helps people visualise it all out.

It's got a lot of the Outrage art in full colour which is pretty neat, but it does also have catgirl nip slip on one page with the super fat guy. So that's a errrr.

Not a viking posted:

Is the fluff cool enough to warrant a purchase even if I never plan to play any NA2 armies?
I really like it from world filling exercise but it depends how much you like the lore I guess. I really like the Druze Bayram from a fluff point of view, Ikari are pretty cool too as are StarCo. It's full of fluff and the last chunk of the book is the Dire Foes Missions with all the lore fleshed out and brought into print.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Apr 18, 2018

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
So no surprise close battle lists? That was a weird bit of speculation.

I'm interested to know if there's any more uprisings hinted at in the book. Also what's the reasoning behind Wu Ming in Ikari. Aren't they basically a prisoner battalion?

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Last episode of Mayacast has some spoilers and snippets from the book, especially about how Dire Foes are connected with the Uprising and who are canonical winners in each matchup.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Cassa posted:

So no surprise close battle lists? That was a weird bit of speculation.

I'm interested to know if there's any more uprisings hinted at in the book. Also what's the reasoning behind Wu Ming in Ikari. Aren't they basically a prisoner battalion?
Where did this speculation come from? There's a lot of chinese whispers from the forums. Though CB did post a while ago about producing new CBLs.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Not a viking posted:

:itwaspoo:

Do you already have all the other Infinity books? Because the answer will be the same.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

I own neither

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

If you like the lore or want to, get them. If you don't, don't bother.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I've decided to just dive in and go with a full 300 point list instead of loving around with RECON. I figure I'm more likely to find people up for a game and I was having a hell of a time making a 150 point Onyx list.

I kinda hate listbuilding in Infinity. It is probably due to a lack of experience, but getting everything I think I need seems impossible. There is also not very many resources online that offer advice.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
What in particular is giving you trouble?

For your first couple of lists, I suggest looking at the mission you're going to play, figuring out what you need to do to either win points or prevent your opponent from doing the same.

For example -

If I'm playing Supplies, I'll often take a bike or two if I have access to them. I'll then take an ARO piece or two to cover my box-grabber and to hopefully keep the other army off my stuff. Next step is to think about what my opponent will do similarly, so I might take a minelayer to stop them from grabbing boxes and a sniper to kill off their ARO guys.

A lot of this stuff will vary based on your army or your local meta, of course, but you can usually adapt the idea pretty easily.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Not a viking posted:

I own neither

So get them instead and put the cartoon villains one on the bottom of the list.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

KPC_Mammon posted:

I've decided to just dive in and go with a full 300 point list instead of loving around with RECON. I figure I'm more likely to find people up for a game and I was having a hell of a time making a 150 point Onyx list.

I kinda hate listbuilding in Infinity. It is probably due to a lack of experience, but getting everything I think I need seems impossible. There is also not very many resources online that offer advice.
Onyx (and CA in general) is very tough at low points, because their poo poo is individually expensive. This inevitably means you're bringing fewer toys to the table than most opponents (with the possible exception of Military Orders).

List building in Infinity is loving awesome. I can (and have) spent hours loving around on Army and going, "oooh, that could be cool!" I'm gonna echo grassy gnoll's advice, though: stick to the objectives. There's lots of cool gimmicks in Infinity (FO/Hacker + Guided, for instance), but very few of those actually help you win the game. Always look at where your objectives are, always consider the amount of distance you're going to need to move to accomplish them, always think about board control, always think about area denial. There are times when a 20-point infiltrating minelayer is worth its weight in gold. There are times when a TR bot is nearly useless. Much of this will be terrain and mission dependent.

Here's something that might help: know your mission going in, then make two lists - one that's really good for an open board with good fire-lanes (snipers, MLs, and HMGs), and one that's good for a much tighter, more claustrophobic board (boarding shotguns, SMGs, and chain rifles). If you have time, run the game twice and play them both to help you see under which circumstances things work and under which ones they don't.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3854674

ne wthread friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

KPC_Mammon posted:

Well, it IS a resource management game :v:

Take a look here:
http://www.lead-rising.com/2015/04/infinity-secondary-unit-roles.html?m=1

Not a viking fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Apr 18, 2018

• Locked thread