Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

MizPiz posted:

The worst part about it is that this is basically true

There is barely any “bankers” in the richest people list. And there is definitely a reason that word is the shorthand instead of other words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

There is barely any “bankers” in the richest people list. And there is definitely a reason that word is the shorthand instead of other words

Just because there aren't that many bankers in Forbes top 100 doesn't mean that financial institutions aren't at the center of the neoliberal global order. And the reason it's the shorthand is because the average person's interaction with the financial industry is almost exclusively done through banks.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
The big bankers are usually smart enough to apportion holdings among their families. It used to be vital for expanding your business into multiple cities/countries while insulating the family as a whole, and it's still a great idea now for much the same reason.

See also how no individual Walton of the Wal-Mart Waltons owns all that many billions or millions, but if you toted the whole family's wealth together and had it for a single person, it'd be easily top 10.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

MizPiz posted:

Just because there aren't that many bankers in Forbes top 100 doesn't mean that financial institutions aren't at the center of the neoliberal global order. And the reason it's the shorthand is because the average person's interaction with the financial industry is almost exclusively done through banks.

More like “bankers” was a reasonable description of the Rothschilds and people have several reasons to want envoke them instead of someone else. Same general reason George soros is brought up eight billion percent more often than any other random billionaire

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

People should read Voodoo Histories, it gives a great breakdown on how and why conspiracy theories develop.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

QuarkJets posted:

The position isn't reassigned to a new guy for each new president

The only time that I've been off-assignment during the Obama years; he was a deep-cover high-ranking Illuminati agent so we didn't have to worry about him disobeying orders.

Sometimes, I really miss our lizard person president.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Sometimes, I really miss our lizard person president.

You could always request access to the time machine, so long as you're an elder of zion (iirc aren't you required to be one to post here?) there should be no problem gaining access

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

QuarkJets posted:

You could always request access to the time machine, so long as you're an elder of zion (iirc aren't you required to be one to post here?) there should be no problem gaining access

I already spent my allotted time machine hours for the month and don't have enough sorosbucks to buy more. :smith:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

I already spent my allotted time machine hours for the month

:psyduck:

I realise this is the conspiracy thread but I promise you I am not a replicant and you don't need to try to crash my logic core.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

OwlFancier posted:

I realise this is the conspiracy thread but I promise you I am not a replicant and you don't need to try to crash my logic core.

It works on Bill and Ted rules. Booking it is a nightmare.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

More like “bankers” was a reasonable description of the Rothschilds and people have several reasons to want envoke them instead of someone else. Same general reason George soros is brought up eight billion percent more often than any other random billionaire

He's brought up because right wing media made a consorted effort to make him into the liberal billionaire boogeyman, especially through there more conspiracy minded outlets. This is literally a conspiracy to taint economic justice efforts with anti-semitism.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

george soros is also the right projecting (since it's their only move). the koches and mercers fund virtually every right wing group in the country.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

The worst part is it was future me from next week who wasted it. But I taught him, shot him dead. That'll teach him.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

The worst part is it was future me from next week who wasted it. But I taught him, shot him dead. That'll teach him.

Dr. Dan Streetmentioner loves your tenses.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
You also see memes like "did you know Bill Gates real name is Jewy McJewstein? The Nephew of the Rothschilds?" all the time, so its not like they're not pushing the JOOOOOOOOOOOOOS angle.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

If 9/11 was an inside job you'd think Bush could have pinned it on Iraq instead of going though with the wmd bullshit. Actually, it seems like faking evidence of wmd's would be a pretty big deal if conspiracy theorists weren't so stupid.

How do people feel about the Martin Luther King Jr. assassination? It seems like even if the government didn't pull the trigger they certainly tried their best to ruin him in every other way.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Nothing ruins a good conspiracy theory as much as actual proof of conspiracy.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

twistedmentat posted:

The Protocols were straight up copied from two books, which I think are a Dialog in Hell and something called Berrlitz I think. Both are bog standard jews are in league with the devil and seek to destroy Christian nations. Almost all modern conspiracies spawn from it, or Morning of the Magicians, which was from some guy who thought HP Lovecraft was writing true stories, not products of his racist fears of the nebulous unknown. Even if people are unaware of the Anti-Semetic origins of conspiracies, they will still use the same ideas. The whole Rothschild and Bilderberg conspiracies are great examples of it. You get people who would never think of Jews being the secret masters of the world, just these groups of bankers and other money men get together and rule the world secretly.

Also, you know where the idea Jews are greedy and control all the money? Because Jews were banned from most work in Europe and Christians couldn't charge interest on loans, so Jews became moneylenders and eventually bankers. So the whole thing comes from Christians persecuting Jews. Like loving hell.

Wasn’t Protocols written as pro-tsarist propaganda to scapegoat the 1905 Russian revolution on Jewish people and justify the pogroms?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Instant Sunrise posted:

Wasn’t Protocols written as pro-tsarist propaganda to scapegoat the 1905 Russian revolution on Jewish people and justify the pogroms?

Pretty much, it was originally written as a joke between anti-semites, then they decided to use it for pogrom propaganda.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Instant Sunrise posted:

We don't really know who wrote it, but I read that the most likely suspect was the a Russian foreign minister who had attempted to plant a fake letter in the French press claiming French terrorism was caused by Jews.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Plus ca change

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

Groovelord Neato posted:

(jfk was inarguably killed by oswald acting alone - the evidence only supports this conclusion)

Until someone top 800/1000 on JFK:Reloaded I'm gonna disagree :colbert:

https://i.imgur.com/OCN2MDY.mp4

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The Sausages posted:

Until someone top 800/1000 on JFK:Reloaded I'm gonna disagree :colbert:

https://i.imgur.com/OCN2MDY.mp4

I think it's actually possible to perfectly replicate the shot, but a glitch prevents you from getting the maximum score.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

chitoryu12 posted:

I think it's actually possible to perfectly replicate the shot, but a glitch prevents you from getting the maximum score.

Somehow it being possible but the goalposts not being there when you get there is the most appropriate depiction of that event.

• Locked thread