Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
I've always used the app to upload, click the upload finished notification, gotten the share URL from that, threw it into chrome, long pressed to open image in new tab, then got the image URL from that.

I REALLY miss the upload imgur button in the awful app :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Diamonds On MY Fish posted:

I've always used the app to upload, click the upload finished notification, gotten the share URL from that, threw it into chrome, long pressed to open image in new tab, then got the image URL from that.

I REALLY miss the upload imgur button in the awful app :qq:

on my imgur app (android), if i tap the photo and then click share it gives me the url for the jpg rather than the page, so that cuts out one step at least.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

on my imgur app (android), if i tap the photo and then click share it gives me the url for the jpg rather than the page, so that cuts out one step at least.

All that app is for me is a non functional social media app, it won't upload either

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I feel like an idiot, but where on Imgur Mobile is the loving upload button? Not the app, mobile site. This is what I see:

The hamburger menu is top left just has links like Help, Privacy, etc..

Scrolling down just shows more popular recent posts (and ads.)

Then if I go into my profile/posts, I can see my previously posted stuff, but still no upload button:

I can do it by forcing the Desktop version, but that's a little more awkward to use.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

DrBouvenstein posted:

I can do it by forcing the Desktop version, but that's a little more awkward to use.

I'm pretty sure this is the only way to do it anymore

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Microplastics posted:

Oh man, have you guys mastered the imgur app somehow? Because if so I need to plead for you help because I have got nowhere with it.

I manage to get as far as this screen:

And then i tap "Post". That immediately takes me to this screen:

...and there's no indication that anything has happened. Did it upload? where did it go? how do i see it? Mysteries for the ages. I can't fathom it.

I did check my user account's Posts tab to see if it appeared there but... the only images that appear there are the above two screenshots. Which I emailed to myself and uploaded to imgur from my computer :rolleyes:

Click the human on the bottom, and change it to all or hidden

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Sirotan posted:

I'm pretty sure this is the only way to do it anymore

Then how do you upload from your phone? That just gives me a drag and drop box, like it wants me to open a new Explorer window and drag files from there.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Then how do you upload from your phone? That just gives me a drag and drop box, like it wants me to open a new Explorer window and drag files from there.

Forcing Desktop mode. In Chrome, click the settings button and then check the 'Desktop site' box.

Edit: If I am misunderstanding your comment, when I turn on Desktop mode, there is a "Choose Photo/Video" that is clickable for me on mobile.

Sirotan fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Mar 19, 2024

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Bring back waffle images

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

On the mobile site, I just go directly to https://imgur.com/upload to get the prompt without having to switch to desktop mode to see it. The menu looks a bit borked normally, but it has usable file upload or url input options, as well as the useless drag-and-drop one.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I just tap on "choose photo/video".

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Uthor posted:

I just tap on "choose photo/video".

Huh, that didn't work last time I tried it.

Thanks.:frogbon:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Arms_Akimbo posted:

Click the human on the bottom, and change it to all or hidden

Your post spurred me to look into this a little closer. Turns out, it's a toss-up as to whether hidden images appear on the "hidden" tab or not, so "all" is your best bet.

So here is my tried and tested 16-tap guide for the imgur app

1. Open app
2. Tap upload button
3. Tap image(s)
4. Tap Next
5. Tap Post
6. Tap user account button
7. Tap "Public"
8. Tap "All"
9. Tap the freshly uploaded image
10. Tap it again
11. Tap the share button
12. Tap copy next to the URL
13. Switch to awful where your post is in draft
14. Tap BB button
15. Tap Insert Image
16. Tap OK

Voila

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

Microplastics posted:

Your post spurred me to look into this a little closer. Turns out, it's a toss-up as to whether hidden images appear on the "hidden" tab or not, so "all" is your best bet.

1. Open app
2. Tap upload button
3. Tap image(s)
4. Tap Next
5. Tap Post
7. Tap "Public"
8. Tap "All"
10. Tap it again
11. Tap the share button
14. Tap BB button
15. Tap Insert Image
16. Tap OK

Voila

I came here today to see if this was still the current method for image sharing.
:smithfrog:

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

cr0y posted:

Bring back waffle images

I'll DM you a waffle image

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

cr0y posted:

Bring back waffle images

(Semi-) Good news!

smoobles posted:

I'll DM you a waffle image

Lucky. :mad:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Microplastics posted:

1. Open app
2. Tap upload button
3. Tap image(s)
4. Tap Next
5. Tap Post
7. Tap "Public"
8. Tap "All"
10. Tap it again
11. Tap the share button
14. Tap BB button
15. Tap Insert Image
16. Tap OK

Voila

haha I came here for the same problem as everyone else, this doesn't work. it's a gif so tapping it once brings up the tracker bar and tapping again doesn't do poo poo. the share button link just links to a web page with no image extension. it's very frustrating.

also I tried to add an attachment and the awful app bitched that I didn't give it file permissions, but I can't add any permissions because Android says it didn't request any

hawowanlawow fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Mar 22, 2024

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

This may have been asked before, but is it the forums that randomly log me out, or does it have something to do with the way the app has to work?

It feels so random when it happens, and it always seems to be at the most inconvenient time for me.

Anyway, regardless of the answer, I'm still happy to have this app. Everything I get for $0 and 0 ads is just amazing.

Thanks again for doing hard work so that I can be entertained!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I can't remember the last time I was logged out of SA, either on this app or on the browser on my computer (which I use to look at SA like once a week).

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I don't remember the last time it's happened to me in a browser between password changes, but it's happened a number of times in the app between the various devices I'm using it on. Not frequently, but enough to notice.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Uthor posted:

I can't remember the last time I was logged out of SA, either on this app or on the browser on my computer (which I use to look at SA like once a week).

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Kheldarn posted:

This may have been asked before, but is it the forums that randomly log me out, or does it have something to do with the way the app has to work?

It feels so random when it happens, and it always seems to be at the most inconvenient time for me.

Anyway, regardless of the answer, I'm still happy to have this app. Everything I get for $0 and 0 ads is just amazing.

Thanks again for doing hard work so that I can be entertained!

It doesn't do this to me, but it could be a security setting of some kind. Maybe you're signing out when you're using the computer and the site is signing you out of all devices?

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Mar 25, 2024

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

hawowanlawow posted:

also I tried to add an attachment and the awful app bitched that I didn't give it file permissions, but I can't add any permissions because Android says it didn't request any

Oh yeah, this happens to me too

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I've noticed that if i try to use video tags with a youtube link that is from the desktop version of youtube the post changes after i hit submit to break the link. using the mobile version of youtube the embed works normally. I'm not sure if that's a something awful-side issue or even a new issue just fyi

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Alright I've been going around all my apps making them follow the system theme (dark at night, light at day). For Awful I can't seem to find that setting. Is it just dark all the time or light all the time? If so I don't mind much (maybe when it's bright I should be enjoying the sun instead of squinting at a dead gay comedy forum anyway)

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Hatebag posted:

I've noticed that if i try to use video tags with a youtube link that is from the desktop version of youtube the post changes after i hit submit to break the link. using the mobile version of youtube the embed works normally. I'm not sure if that's a something awful-side issue or even a new issue just fyi
Can you post an example url that breaks on desktop, perhaps in a code tag so its not messed with? Is this only when you put a desktop youtube url into the app, or does it break in the browser as well?

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

Just found out you can favorite forums, after years of using the app..never noticed that star at the top of the forums lol.

Would be nice if the fav forums could be mixed or added with my bookmarks, so i have a central starting point.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Vitamin Me posted:

Just found out you can favorite forums, after years of using the app..never noticed that star at the top of the forums lol.

Would be nice if the fav forums could be mixed or added with my bookmarks, so i have a central starting point.

You can also favourite the bookmarks link so it appears at the top

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I just use the Bookmarks Widget. Always opens to start me there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Microplastics posted:

Alright I've been going around all my apps making them follow the system theme (dark at night, light at day). For Awful I can't seem to find that setting. Is it just dark all the time or light all the time? If so I don't mind much (maybe when it's bright I should be enjoying the sun instead of squinting at a dead gay comedy forum anyway)

Currently not an option.