Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm just glad the LP isn't dead and will have a proper send off. This thread is what got me into Spelunky (I beat Yama almost as often as I die horribly now!) and I was sad to see it disappear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Awesome! I can't wait to see the results of your courageous last strike in the mines of Spelunky! I was wondering what happened to this LP for a bit.

And hopefully next LP you'll do will not make you suffer like this last bit seemed to have. That's an important part, like quite a bit of people said before me. Well, a few of them, anyway.

Psychedelic Eyeball
Jan 10, 2006

Like it or not, we will build you a new civilization.
:siren: LAST UPDATE :siren:

It was about time we wrapped this one up. Let's go down the mines for the last time.

Let's play Frozlunky, a fan-made generation seed, and let's put the difficulty at the highest level and survive the upcoming clusterfuck!

Chapter 26 - Insane Frozlunky

Wanna try out Frozlunky yourself? Download it here!

Thanks for watching everyone. Sorry it took so long to complete this Let's Play, but it was a wild ride.

Panboy
May 20, 2010

Le'me tell ya'll about them Apples.
And the world of Spelunky ends not whit a whimper but a Million bangs, Likely still banging.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Man I can't believe you beat that. Really impressive.

Thanks for making this extremely entertaining LP of a game I'd never otherwise have experienced!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

That was insane, nice job finishing it. And thanks for the LP! I don't think I'd have looked at this game if not for this thread.

Also I've found not one, but two aliens in pots. :smugdog:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

That was amazing!

Also, did I hear FTL music in that video?

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

I'm saddened by the lack of snails.

Thanks for finishing this up. It was fun.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Congratulations on conquering this beast!

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!
This was an excellent LP, and was a lot of fun to watch. But for your next one, please don't push yourself too hard like you did for this one.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Thanks for the shout-outs!

The best LPs are the ones that allow you to enjoy the game even more. I've achieved almost all of the regular achievements, but I played it so much I think I'll have to wait for an expansion so there can be that feeling of discovery again.

Benach
Aug 15, 2013

That loving Sned posted:

Thanks for the shout-outs!

I didn't get a shout-out :negative:

This was a very enjoyable LP. I ended up just playing a bit of the game and giving up, but that's mostly because I'm too stubborn and kill all shopkeepers and try to ghost diamonds (there's no point in "just doing it" when I can do it better, damnit) so it's this ended up satisfying me.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks for the great LP! I, too, got into the game because of it.

Not that I'm very good at it. :)

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Frozlunky Ice caves really does feel like the 4th of July.

Congrats on finally finishing the LP

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Listening to Psych read out peoples' forum handlers while watching out-takes from his run attempts is surprisingly entertaining :allears:

And that run was beautiful, too. I saw some of your Twitch streams from when you were doing Frozlunky attempts, though unfortunately now I can't seem to find the page any more. I hope it wasn't taken down -- that's some of the best antidepressants I've ever seen.

EDIT: oh! And what was the music during the shoutouts section?

TooMuchAbstraction fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jul 13, 2014

WCL
Dec 26, 2008

NYAAAH-AH-AH!
On one hand I'm sad my idea didn't get to be used, on the other I'm happy the LP got a true send off.

Videos were great Psych and I had fun watching, thanks for it all!

Akogare Zephyr
Apr 29, 2013

Congratulations on completing this Psychedelic Eyeball! It was a fun ride all the way through. So as thanks for LPing this have a silly picture.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
I'm curious. What's your final death counter in the game after this LP?

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure
Awesome end to the LP, thanks for all the suffering entertainment!

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Wow. That some impressive play with Frozlunky there. To be honest with you, it doesn't look that enjoyable. Then again, I've only beaten the game normally a few times, so this is so beyond me.

Great LP Psych. Thanks for showing off the game in such detail.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Oh man, I had no idea how much I missed this LP until that final video. So many goddamn deadly shenanigans.

My hat's off to you for such a thorough LP, Psychedelic Eyeball. :tipshat:

Steelpudding
Apr 21, 2010

I've got Balls of Steel!
Thanks for sticking with the thread, Psych. Looking forward to your next thread! :unsmith:

Blacksuit
Oct 9, 2012
Because of this LP, I've been having a great time with a game I never would have touched otherwise. Thanks a million, Psych, for inspiring me to send countless spelunkers to their hilariously convoluted deaths.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Actually, something I discovered about Spelunky recently. If you're in the City of Gold and blast Twonubis with the ice gun; he'll fall right out the bottom of the level and spawn in Olmec's Lair.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for the awesome LP Psych! You will be remembered as a hero.

I really want to change my nickname eventually, but it's almost worth it to keep this one just to hear people try to pronounce it.

Narahari
Apr 12, 2009
That was a wonderful video. That's for showing off this game, Psych.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Thanks for the LP, PE! It was good fun to watch.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Thanks for the LP, Psych. That last video is :suspense:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
A fitting end to a great LP. I hope the next one will be of a game I'll remotely wanna watch :swoon:

And thanks for the shout-outs! (you didn't even mangle my username too much :v:)

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Thank you so much for the ritual scarification you have endured to appease Kali so you could finish this LP. I really enjoyed it, and thanks for the good times! Looking forward to whatever you decide to do next. Godspeed!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Akogare Zephyr posted:

Congratulations on completing this Psychedelic Eyeball! It was a fun ride all the way through. So as thanks for LPing this have a silly picture.

The Greatest Spelunker :v:

heytallman
Aug 30, 2013

Is not actually tall.
Thanks for the LP, Psych! I had been wanting this game for a while before the thread, but bought it very shortly after the thread started up, I just had to.

It's been fun! Look forward to whatever you decide to do next!

Dickey Butts
Feb 3, 2008

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion.
Amazing job on the LP. I'd ask you to do something easy for your next one, but between this and meat boy, you make the hard stuff look easy too.

Psychedelic Eyeball
Jan 10, 2006

Like it or not, we will build you a new civilization.

Akogare Zephyr posted:

Where did you get this picture of me?!?

Thanks for the picture, it looks great. :)

Suspicious Dish posted:

I'm curious. What's your final death counter in the game after this LP?
I used two different versions of the game in the course of the LP. The death tally for all updates prior to the multiplayer stuff was 443.

I didn't keep count for the deaths in the rest of the LP, but with the multiplayer and Frozlunky, I don't have trouble believing it's as high, if not higher than 443.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Grats on a job well done. :) I've really enjoyed the LP.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Amazing job! Thanks for showing off this insane game!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
That was a great finish, Psych. How much raw footage went into it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number 169
Feb 25, 2007

Let's see if I can guess your function.
I came back on a whim to check the thread and found that last glorious update. Thanks Psychadelic Eyeball for all your LPs, you are definitely my favourite LPer.

• Locked thread