Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoggerific
May 28, 2009
Can you fire launchers from helicopter benches? If so, a littlebird with four titans will probably be one of the best anti-vehicle platforms in the game... until someone turns on the backblast mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Firing from vehicles? Man, I need to bookmark the Arma 3 thread again.

Sorry for being a no-show, been distracted with lots of stuff lately.

Sloane
Oct 31, 2010

What do you mean I'm not on the list?

Spoggerific posted:

Can you fire launchers from helicopter benches? If so, a littlebird with four titans will probably be one of the best anti-vehicle platforms in the game... until someone turns on the backblast mod.

We did not test anything except rifles and handguns, you can throw grenades though (both smoke and frag) and the grenade inherits the velocity of the vehicle like it should.
If we ever do a Hostage Crisis for Arma 3 I'm looking forward to tossing flashbangs through windows from the bench of a police chopper. The more realistic vehicle damage in the advanced flight model also means you can do rolling landings at moderate speed and the skids or wheels do their job of slowing you down and protecting you from taking any impact damage which would be really nice for fast combat insertions in PVP.

All the testing was done modless so I don't know if fast landings and sling load drops will remain harmless once we have modded medical systems running, but so far this is a big step up from what we're used to from Bohemia and Arma.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Well Lingor has been ported over to Arma 3 apparently so there's technically nothing preventing an A3 version of Hostage Crisis other than a low player count and possibly the file size of the map pack wherein that island resides.

Don't think there is Flashbangs though just yet. No idea if AGM plans to add that or not.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

When do we get a Huey and M60 modded in?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

AirborneNinja posted:

Well if you got the Helo mod working for once we'd have that. :v:

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Cooked Auto posted:

Well if you got the Helo mod working for once we'd have that. :v:

:negative:

I don't understand why it is hosed up.

Sloane
Oct 31, 2010

What do you mean I'm not on the list?

Cooked Auto posted:

Well Lingor has been ported over to Arma 3 apparently so there's technically nothing preventing an A3 version of Hostage Crisis other than a low player count and possibly the file size of the map pack wherein that island resides.

Don't think there is Flashbangs though just yet. No idea if AGM plans to add that or not.

We found a few buildings that would work on the vanilla islands but it just isn't worth making with less than a 14 player turnout.

Some mod we tested added flashbangs but they didn't work very well. With Arma 3 having smoother close quarters combat and incremental door opening the main thing I really want to see is a mod that adds more police / urban content so we can do Rainbow Six or SWAT style missions.
If I mod/script anything further for Arma 3 it'll probably be working towards that goal because I'm pretty tired of combined arms and blowing up every non-American we can find hiding in a valley.

AirborneNinja posted:

The Huey in Hostage Crisis was by mistake fully loaded with ammo in the door guns but nobody ever knew because nobody ever used it. The only time I remember it being used for anything helpful was when I used it as a method to parachute onto the roof in my The Hard Way video.

What we need is police helicopters with working searchlights and speaker systems and doors that open to reveal guys shooting tear gas.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

AirborneNinja posted:

:negative:

I don't understand why it is hosed up.

Hell if I know as well since I know Soapy coached you through a proper install and everything.

Speaking of addons, turns out I had to rebuild the repo file completely because it you can't apparently add stuff to a rar file when it's in the dropbox folder because things will gently caress up and go weird.
Not to mention I didn't want go through 10 to 20 minutes of the internet loving up for me because dropbox gobbles bandwith like crazy.
So I had to redo the repo which in turn lead to a switch to a different host for it as well as a bunch of minor additions.

Download link

AGMGOONS A3 Addon Repository contents as of 22/9/2014:
@CBA_A3 - Required Mod Framework
@AGM - Medical, weapon resting, FCS, backblast, ballistics, etc..
@TFAR - Radios
@sthud - Shack tac HUD
@st_map_autobrightness - NEW
@st_stamina_bar - NEW
@ASR - AI fixes
@STI - NATO Rifles, Light and Heavy Machine guns, AT and Grenade Launchers
@ASDG - Allows addon weapons to use in-game attachments
@US_helos_Kimi_v101 - Adds US Helos ported over from Arma 2
@TacticalBeards - A little bonus. - NEW
Current filesize: 494MB

The only really important parts here is the ShackTac Map Autobrightness and Stamina bar additions as they had completely passed me by.
See the last one as a amusing bonus.

Sloane posted:

We found a few buildings that would work on the vanilla islands but it just isn't worth making with less than a 14 player turnout.

Yeah that's the kicker in this case.

Sloane posted:

Some mod we tested added flashbangs but they didn't work very well. With Arma 3 having smoother close quarters combat and incremental door opening the main thing I really want to see is a mod that adds more police / urban content so we can do Rainbow Six or SWAT style missions.
If I mod/script anything further for Arma 3 it'll probably be working towards that goal because I'm pretty tired of combined arms and blowing up every non-American we can find hiding in a valley.

I'm all up for a little variation such as CQB as well, especially now that we can do such things without it being a sheer pain in the arse.

Sloane posted:

The Huey in Hostage Crisis was by mistake fully loaded with ammo in the door guns but nobody ever knew because nobody ever used it. The only time I remember it being used for anything helpful was when I used it as a method to parachute onto the roof in my The Hard Way video.

What we need is police helicopters with working searchlights and speaker systems and doors that open to reveal guys shooting tear gas.

Mostly because it was way too slow compared to the Littlebirds, even if I recall it did see at least some usage here and there. Although mostly before the ammo got stripped out.

Considering that STI adds the M32 revolving grenade launcher it wouldn't be too far of a step to have tear gas rounds for it. Granted I really have no idea to make such a thing though. v:shobon:v
I think working speakers is a pipe dream unless you could do something with TFR.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Sep 23, 2014

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
Doesn't AGM add 40mm CS canisters already though? I'm pretty sure I saw that in an AGM box at some point. Maybe it's another mod.

I updated the play withsix repo for acegoons with the above added mods in case anyone else uses it.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

tak posted:

Doesn't AGM add 40mm CS canisters already though? I'm pretty sure I saw that in an AGM box at some point. Maybe it's another mod.

Don't know actually but it'd have to assume it's some other mod in this case.

Fish Ladder Theory
Jun 7, 2005

Soapy and I set up a dedicated virtual machine on Azure yesterday, so now we have a solid server to play on. hooah. Cooked, I don't know how to PM you, but I'll pass you desktop access if you want to help administer stuff.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
You should use BTSync, Auto, so that we don't have to re-download this and keep checking the thread to make sure we're up to date. It'd happen automatically in the background for us.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Fish Ladder Theory posted:

Soapy and I set up a dedicated virtual machine on Azure yesterday, so now we have a solid server to play on. hooah. Cooked, I don't know how to PM you, but I'll pass you desktop access if you want to help administer stuff.

Seeing as I don't have plat that is really explainable, but we can probably fix that before next session or something. I did send Soapy a link with the updated STI versions of GoonZeus as well.

Also, seeing as that the news that we now have a dedicated server have been revealed we might do a switch over to a new thread later this week.
I've got the OP all written up and ready as all I was waiting for was if we should go public with the new server or not.

But at least I now don't have to feel that guilty whenever Arma 3 makes my computer lock up. :v:
Which means I just have to fix that little issue. By buying a completely new computer.

Love Stole the Day posted:

You should use BTSync, Auto, so that we don't have to re-download this and keep checking the thread to make sure we're up to date. It'd happen automatically in the background for us.

Yes it's a thing I've been considering. But the thing is that updates to things we use are really infrequent right now so it honestly doesn't matter that much.

However switching over to BTSync would allow us to use some more stuff, which is a plus.
But at the same time I fear that will just lead to us piling onto more and more stuff like crazy onto the repo just because we have an excuse for it. So I'd rather avoid that for the time being and stick with what we have.

At least until we get a proper way of reintroducing A2 equipment that comes with a "Oh my god this is loving huge are you insane?" filesize attached onto it.

But at the same time I can't but to like that there's a reason for people to actively check the thread. :cheeky:

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Sep 23, 2014

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Police Helicopters with working search lights:

NATO Hellcats -- While they do not come with a police livery the "main landing light" or brightest white light of the hellcat is attached to the gimbled IR camera on the nose of the helicopter. With the lights on and the copilot actively looking around the main light acts as a spotlight and can be used as such in or out of the gunner camera view offered to the co-pilot. Using the NATO Hellcats mod not only gives you a BLUFOR platform to work with (Rather than having to spawn the Indep version) but it adds a couple of camouflage color schemes. Black/Grey/Green/Blue in both transport and armed versions. It also comes with 1 helicopter that has a custom paint job. Not my slice of pie though. It seats 8 and the doors on the transport version cannot be opened, unfortunately.

Helicopter mod not working:

What's up? Send me a PM. Hit me up on Skype @ lcl-dead or if none of that works I'll drop an email address somewhere. I might be able to help. (Not as much as Chortles would but I've ported over and fixed the configs on a few A2 helo mods) What's the name of the mod?

CS Canisters:

That's not AGM I don't think. I've never seen it in my team's boxes.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lmI_5iwE-A

Before anyone asks. Yes, this will be added to the repo when it comes out.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I'm fairly certain that every single person who plays and mods ARMA will have that pack.

They're doing some beautiful work.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Did they rip A2 models and put extra bits on them?
Not that I'm complaining. Ninety percent of the vanilla A3 stuff is bland garbage with angles.

And CROWS with HMG/GMGs mounted

AirborneNinja fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Sep 24, 2014

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
I really think that the OP needs to have its mods section either erased or edited with the Dropbox repository link. It'd be really confusing for new goons.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

I really think that the OP needs to have its mods section either erased or edited with the Dropbox repository link. It'd be really confusing for new goons.

Are there really still people that are "new" to ARMA 2: ACE? Could just migrate to the A3 thread and let this one die. :P

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

LCL-Dead posted:

Are there really still people that are "new" to ARMA 2: ACE? Could just migrate to the A3 thread and let this one die. :P

Might be for the best. I don't own A2, so I only clued into this thread when I caught mention of it in the A3 thread.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ACEGoons2#events/166953140942162184

Since Auto hasn't mentioned it yet and it's in 3.5 hours or whatever from now... there's going to be another get together, it seems

SoapyTarantula
Jun 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ACEGoons2#events/166953140942162184

Since Auto hasn't mentioned it yet and it's in 3.5 hours or whatever from now... there's going to be another get together, it seems

September 27th. Or Saturday... or tomorrow. Calendars :effort:

SoapyTarantula fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Sep 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

And on that bombshell, it's time to end. Thank you for playing and see you in the new thread. Good night!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwX-KS1816c

:siren:NEW THREAD LINK:siren:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3667921

• Locked thread