Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I'd throw a $20 or something at it now and then, if I can figure out how to do that from Canada.

I should probably run it by the admins, just because it's related to money and there have been incidents in the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I’d put in some money per competition, sure

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

It might be worth revisiting some of the previously run ICSA categories, especially the older ones. It feels like there's an unofficial drive to introduce a new theme each time, but it might make it easier to both come up with an ingredient and have plenty of people participate.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I'll start a thread just before the month ends then run it through March, and see how it does. If it works out then we can talk about a fund for the next ones or a prize pool or whatever. I spent five minutes and came up with enough fun things to last a year if doing it bi-monthly, so themes aren't difficult, and I don't mind revisiting older ones. I haven't even looked at the list!

I know what the first few themes are gonna be, anyway. People can suggest others and I'll put them on the list too.

I don't mind running a fund for the future ones. I'm good at spreadsheets and I like to think I'm trustworthy? I have been doing the gift train for over a decade now.

The only issue is I'm not in the US, so Venmo is, as I've recently discovered, out. It's basically paypal, bank transfers or amazon gift cards. :v: I haven't ever looked into how the other funds do it.

Once a pot is set up, we'd have to sit down and talk out how money gets distributed. If some gets rolled over to the next month when there's above a certain amount in the pot, or if everything in by closing gets split into fractions for the winners. 50% 30% 20%, or 40% 30% 20% 10% ? It would depend how much was in the bank I suppose! We'll work it out. I assume I need to talk to Jeff before anything happens anyway?

For the first month, I'm just gonna put 20 americabucks in for the winner and 10 each for the two runners up. Having some help with it in the future would be appreciated, but for this time I can afford it.

It should be fun!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I'm out of money and can't contribute to a prize, but if you want ideas for themes I have a few that I don't think have been done before.

• Apples
• Peaches
• Sandwiches (all definitions :unsmigghh:)

The first two are probably best done later in the year when the fruits are in season, but sandwiches oughta be a fun time.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I asked in the mod forum about setting up something for funding, but haven't heard back from admins yet. I think they're busy doing State of the Forums stuff this weekend.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Bird with big dick should be the next chairman

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

It's not easy being 40C000
Parallaxing to the Xtreme

Nettle Soup posted:

I'll start a thread just before the month ends then run it through March, and see how it does. If it works out then we can talk about a fund for the next ones or a prize pool or whatever. I spent five minutes and came up with enough fun things to last a year if doing it bi-monthly, so themes aren't difficult, and I don't mind revisiting older ones. I haven't even looked at the list!

It should be fun!

Will you please post a link in this thread when the new thread is made, or have the new thread stickied in Goons with Spoons?

I don't want to miss it!

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Yeah of course!

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

I for one, will make a stupid dinner for the internet, even without promise of monetary reward

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4055354

Here goes! Let's hope I haven't written something embarassing in there by accident!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Athanatos has approved the idea of a crowdfunded ICSA/NICSA prize fund, as long as we don't go crazy or cause weird drama.