Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Is it just me or is this thread broken as gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Bill Posters posted:

:same:

kare
Mar 19, 2002
It's not just you, the same thing happened to the Eastern European thread in GBS some days ago (they had three phantom posts before they closed the thread and recreated a new one)

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

Stupid Forum poo poo

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Bill Posters posted:

Oh thank god, I thought I was having a stroke

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

:five:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Why is this still a thing? Is this what happens when you have that nagging in the back of your head saying "I've made a piss-poor decision!" on a loop?

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Bill Posters posted:

Yep, and literally just this thread as far as I can tell.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Yeah this thread has been acting weird as poo poo for me too. It's in my bookmarks and it keeps reading as 1 unread reply no matter how many there have been and won't load half the time.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I keep getting punked by the thread's glitchiness, over and over. Goddamn

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The only cure is a new thread.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Double post.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I always see it with the last post as new with the (1). There were a few hours the other day I was getting that message that no such page number exists.

fake edit: Like evidently I haven't read this post that I just made.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

New thread. Faustus should start it. OP should be nothing but the surfboard guitar pic.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Put it back in GBS too. It got more stupid poo poo posted here before it was moved.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Dirt posted:

Put it back in GBS too. It got more stupid poo poo posted here before it was moved.
Only if they find new ways to make the surf guitar gif funny.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Dirt posted:

Only if they find new ways to make the surf guitar gif funny.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
e: Dammit!

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I'll ask the mods/admins for permission to resurrect the thread in GBS if you guys are serious. If they say yes, I'll need the surfboard pics, especially the one with the monkey grip in it.

Are you guys truly serious?

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Dr. Faustus posted:

I'll ask the mods/admins for permission to resurrect the thread in GBS if you guys are serious. If they say yes, I'll need the surfboard pics, especially the one with the monkey grip in it.

Are you guys truly serious?

Yeah man this thread is bugged somehow. Must of been something with the last forum update or something. This is my favorite thread on these dead gay forums, it needs a rebirth to it's former glory.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

A lot of old/large threads are having a phantom post issue

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Is this a thing I make a post about in QQcs or do I need to petition a particular moderator directly? I'd be honored to do this if you guys really want me to, but I don't want to re-open old bad stuff or piss off admins.

Any change to the thread title? I'm not sure, procedurally, how to do this with mod-approval and don't want to do it without. Also, I don't want to do it if you guys don't really want me to, so I'm just trying to get it right.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
We need a new thread but I'm not really keen on putting it in GBS.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Making a new thread here is probably fine, but if you wanna do it in GBS again just PM a GBS mod and ask them if it's okay with them since the thread got kicked out under some previous purge like what happens in that forum sometimes.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Shugojin posted:

Making a new thread here is probably fine, but if you wanna do it in GBS again just PM a GBS mod and ask them if it's okay with them since the thread got kicked out under some previous purge like what happens in that forum sometimes.
I can drop the whole GBS thing and keep it here, but it actually was never kicked out of GBS. GBS was shut down for awhile and this is where it landed.

I made a thread in QQcs to let the mods/admins weigh in.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

Dr. Faustus posted:

Also, I don't want to do it if you guys don't really want me to, so I'm just trying to get it right.

I am dead serious that you should be the one to do it. I too am extremely fond of this thread and you are an integral part of it. From the bad posts to the good.

Speaking of the latter... lol.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Dr. Faustus posted:

Is this a thing I make a post about in QQcs or do I need to petition a particular moderator directly? I'd be honored to do this if you guys really want me to, but I don't want to re-open old bad stuff or piss off admins.

Any change to the thread title? I'm not sure, procedurally, how to do this with mod-approval and don't want to do it without. Also, I don't want to do it if you guys don't really want me to, so I'm just trying to get it right.

"Stupid Music poo poo Reborn: Do you like Steve Vai?"

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

"Stupid Music poo poo Reborn: Do you like Steve Vai?"

Stupid Music poo poo: Signature Edition

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Anime Reference posted:

We need a new thread but I'm not really keen on putting it in GBS.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Stupid Music poo poo (Remix feat. Dr. Faustus)

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Yea it'll get moved back, don't bother asking.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Stupid Music poo poo: Checkout this surfboard guitar

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I gave it a shot: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837525

I hope you like it.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Perfect!

RIP this thread

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Farewell, Stupid Music poo poo pt. 1

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I feel bad because this thread contains the worst examples of that period of my life when I was struggling with issues of alcohol, work, and family all at once and I'm very glad I made it through that time.

I can't wish it never happened, because it did. I acted similarly in other places on the forums and I am ashamed.

As I was searching out the surfboard guitar GIF I was confronted with the essays I posted in those first 38 pages and I have to admit as I read them I wanted to crawl into a hole and die (as I'm sure many others would have liked me to do as well). It was page after page of me being at my most defensive and I was hosed up as hell the whole time.

It was really hard to process all that old poo poo from three/four years ago; but that doesn't mean I want it scrubbed from the forums. That was me, then; and I should have to face it, be confronted with it, and own it.

So if this thread gets closed or archived or just sits here:

I own it. I'm not happy to; nor should I be.

Thanks for reading.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Dr. Faustus posted:

I feel bad because this thread contains the worst examples of that period of my life when I was struggling with issues of alcohol, work, and family all at once and I'm very glad I made it through that time.

I can't wish it never happened, because it did. I acted similarly in other places on the forums and I am ashamed.

As I was searching out the surfboard guitar GIF I was confronted with the essays I posted in those first 38 pages and I have to admit as I read them I wanted to crawl into a hole and die (as I'm sure many others would have liked me to do as well). It was page after page of me being at my most defensive and I was hosed up as hell the whole time.

It was really hard to process all that old poo poo from three/four years ago; but that doesn't mean I want it scrubbed from the forums. That was me, then; and I should have to face it, be confronted with it, and own it.

Thanks for reading.

You were a royal pain in the butt and I still have you on block (only because I haven't worked out how to unblock on AwfulApp yet) but your posting is significantly improved to the point where I will actually click through to read now. Glad you're doing better.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Dr. Faustus posted:

Thanks for reading.

You’re a lifelong internet buddy to me, I don’t give a poo poo about that stuff. Everyone has warts and some are just more visible than others. Good on you for facing it though, that’s not always easy when it’s a humiliating situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Closing this due to glitches you're all having. The new thread is here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3597233

• Locked thread