Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
Thanks all on the advice re: animals. I think the big issues were underestimating scale and letting the animals eat it while it was growing. I'll swap out the haygrass for dandelions, make a huge plot of haygrass that I keep harvested, and put a stock of kibble/haygrass by the pen for feeding them during winter.

Do they eat directly from stocks/shelves or do handlers come up and feed them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

GetDunked posted:

Thanks all on the advice re: animals. I think the big issues were underestimating scale and letting the animals eat it while it was growing. I'll swap out the haygrass for dandelions, make a huge plot of haygrass that I keep harvested, and put a stock of kibble/haygrass by the pen for feeding them during winter.

Do they eat directly from stocks/shelves or do handlers come up and feed them?

Put shelves in the pen and they'll eat off it themselves.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
God, the amount of components you need as mechanitor is actually ridiculous.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Wow, for the first time ever I managed to fail the Fleeing Noble noob quest. The guy spawned and a hungry wolf instantly jumped on him and ate him lol

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I didn't fail it but the other day I had one where the noble was ninety, frail, and with a bad back and the angry rabbit actually did beat him to a pulp. :lol: Luckily the empire was content enough with me loading grandpa's broken unconscious body onto the shuttle.

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?

Broken Cog posted:

God, the amount of components you need as mechanitor is actually ridiculous.

:yeah: Im trying a mechanitor game where my starting colonist is incapable of violence and refused to recruit any more humans (until they sent kids fleeing packs of wild animals) and I could barely put together enough militors to fight the diabolus and unlock the next tier of mechanics.

Stupid mistake there, too! That and embarking on a plains map. Now I also need fuckloads of plasteel! I've got to caravan out for it, and it'll be ages before I find any with a ground-penetrating scanner.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Sorry if this has been answered a million times but is there a mod that makes it that when I try to construct something or a roof and a tree is in the way my planter cuts it down and not my lvl0 plant guy who is doing the building? Even if that means my constructor has to wait for the planter to finish that's fine.

I've tried using this mod but it doesn't seem to work consistently, especially around roofs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

One of my mods keeps unassigning roles from my pawns every time I load the game, cannot figure out which.