Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

mdemone posted:

Well now I definitely want him to run because given his temper, it looks like there's a real possibility he could snap and eat Ted Cruz on live television, just sort of unhinge his jaw and stuff that simpering little dough goblin past his lap band.

Ted Cruz isn't a woman, so any taunts from him won't bother Christie that much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Haha you can practically see the anger lines radiating off him.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Haha his posture, with the arm on the back of the chair. I would have loved to hear that car ride home.

And yeah, I want to see him on a stage with Cruz. Cruz is the world's most expert troll, as smart as Christie but even less principled. Christie might drop dead from anger.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Christie must have the thinnest skin on earth considering how many times he gets into verbal arguments with random people in public.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

FlamingLiberal posted:

Christie must have the thinnest skin on earth considering how many times he gets into verbal arguments with random people in public.

I wonder if he'll ever write a biography and talk about his childhood. What makes a person become such an insecure touchy shitheel?

Maybe his homeboy Wildstein was actually a huge douche to him in school and this was just the culmination of a 30-year plot to ruin his drat life, that stupid oppo research paper being a reminder of why things went down the way they did.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

eviltastic posted:

If his skin's that thin about it
then he's going to have trouble healing from that abdominoplasty.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
With skin that thin he's lucky he hasn't just burst on a hot day.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

FAUXTON posted:

I wonder if he'll ever write a biography and talk about his childhood. What makes a person become such an insecure touchy shitheel?

It's apparent that he's a giant ball of nuts, Rumsfeld-level lying to himself if not worse. An autobiography would be 100% him fighting kids on the playground to protect his black friends.

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)
http://www.northjersey.com/news/judge-kelly-stepien-don-t-have-to-comply-with-legislative-subpoenas-in-gwb-probe-1.877447

quote:

A legislative committee lost its bid to force two key figures in the George Washington Bridge scandal to comply with subpoenas for documents, a judge ruled Wednesday.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

However, the reason they don't have to comply is because this is a legislative investigation, not the separate criminal investigation that is ongoing. Releasing the documents to the legislature might impact the criminal case, and it's probably better that the criminal case takes priority, no?

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)

Grundulum posted:

However, the reason they don't have to comply is because this is a legislative investigation, not the separate criminal investigation that is ongoing. Releasing the documents to the legislature might impact the criminal case, and it's probably better that the criminal case takes priority, no?

Makes sense.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
There needs to be a corollary to Betteridge's law, which is "unless it's Public Radio, and then the answer is probably 'Yes'"
http://www.wnyc.org/story/did-christie-aides-participate-bridgegate-cover-/

(There's nothing new there, just nice to see a semi-sane summary of the early days)

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.

FlamingLiberal posted:

That baffles me. He's always out there insulting, mocking, and casting aspersions on people, but when someone stands up and shoots back at him it's some sort of great indignation. Normally most people would overlook a politician's weight or other physical flaws, but if that politician starts shooting poo poo at people, the fatty can be sure that poo poo will fly both ways. Maybe he's frustrated that he spends so much time amassing what he craves most -- money and power -- that he can't care for his fitness and health, or maybe he just hasn't come to terms with the fact that he's fat yet. It'll be a rude awakening.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Part of being thin-skinned is "can dish it out but can't take it." If you're sensitive to criticism but don't criticize others, you're just a Nice Person People Should Leave Be.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Helsing posted:

“When I first heard that he was accused of blocking off three lanes on the bridge, I said, ‘What the hell is he doing, standing in the middle of the bridge?”

Chris Christie responds to getting roasted with his characteristic good humour and class. In fact he only tried to snatch away Joy Behar's notes once during the entire 2 minute segment, showing some real restraint on his part.

Ironic Colbert-esque praise is always hilarious:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULEh3XRtOF0

Spoke Lee
Dec 31, 2004

chairizard lol
"Chris Christie Says Bridge Lane Closures Scandal Will Have No Impact on Political Future"

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/05/chris-christie-says-bridge-lane-closures-scandal-will-have-no-impact-on-political-future/

quote:

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie said today the George Washington Bridge lane closures scandal will have no impact on his political future and blamed the media attention it has received on politics.

“As far as the impact on my political future, I think it will have none,” Christie said, when asked by CBS News’ Bob Schieffer about potential implications of the scandal known as “Bridgegate.” “Because I didn’t do anything. So listen, I understand the circus that this becomes. You get 61 percent of the vote in a blue state in November, and then, all of a sudden, a couple of staff people do something that they shouldn’t have done. I fire them and, all the sudden, this becomes the biggest story in the country for a couple months. ‘Cause I guess you guys weren’t doing anything else down here? So, this is what needed to be focused on, right?”

Speaking at a question-and-answer session at the Peterson Foundation’s 2014 Fiscal Summit in Washington, Christie said, “What the people of New Jersey know about me is I tell them the truth.” The controversy that has grabbed headlines for months will be a mere “footnote,” he added.

"Gov. Christie was told about George Washington Bridge closure plans claims his former campaign manager"

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/gov-christie-told-george-washington-bridge-plans-claims-campaign-manager-article-1.1792937

quote:

Gov. Chris Christie’s former campaign manager says he told the governor about plans to close lanes on the George Washington Bridge in December, contradicting Christie’s claims he had no prior knowledge.

Bill Stepien, who lost his job in the scandal, contends he told Christie about the GWB traffic plans on Dec. 12, a day before the governor told reporters his staff didn’t know about them. Christie issued a public apology on Jan. 9, claiming he was lied to by members of his staff on the controversy. Stepien’s lawyer, Kevin Marino, blasted an internal investigation the governor ordered that concluded Stepien had misled Christie about the politically motivated September closure

Anyone have any news on the investigation?

SavageBastard
Nov 16, 2007
Professional Lurker
This strikes me as a turning point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Ah yes I see, the press are just being meanies and excessive when they investigate and report on the no-big-deal bridge fuckery. However when Chris Christie spends millions on a sham investigation where his lawyer plays Dick Tracy and coincidentally finds that Christie is completely innocent we should probably all listen because that's a big deal.

• Locked thread