Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
I really enjoy this LP and look forward to whatever you're doing next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

another game featuring Ghost Pirate HunterTM Morgan Le Flay would be pretty cool

In the meantime, thanks for doing the whole series RBD, Tales certainly made up for the :geno: feeling Escape left me with

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy
Guybrush is pretty indestructible, usually. Punched 20m up to the top of the mast? No worries. Fall down the same height? No worries. Keel hauled? Refreshing.

But one little stab with an ordinary sword - dead.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Squish posted:

Guybrush is pretty indestructible, usually. Punched 20m up to the top of the mast? No worries. Fall down the same height? No worries. Keel hauled? Refreshing.

But one little stab with an ordinary sword - dead.

He wasn't Zombie Ghost Pirate Captain Gybrush Threepwood(TM) when the sword stabbed him.

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy
LeChuck should have used a peashooter instead then :downs:

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Bruceski posted:

He wasn't Zombie Ghost Pirate Captain Gybrush Threepwood(TM) when the sword stabbed him.

He got knocked across a drat island in the first game. I think he's secretly made of rubber.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
I think he's only immune to cartoon violence. Getting skewered by a cutlass isn't very cartoony.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Ominous. That's an ending that begs a sequel.

Thanks for the LP, RBD. You run a pretty good ship.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
This LP series was fun and I'm glad you made it.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
If this is the note the series ends on, at least it's a good one.

Thanks for the LP! I never got to play these games, so finally getting to see what this series is about, with all its goofy charm, was a wonderful trip.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Thanks for the LP RBD! It was a drat good run of a drat good series. Maybe for your next LP I won't continually mix you up with the poster Bobbin Threadbare.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Its a shame that Monkey island and all subsiduary liscences are now owned by Disney. It probably means we'll never see another money island game again, by Telltale or anyone else for that matter.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Tombot posted:

Its a shame that Monkey island and all subsiduary liscences are now owned by Disney. It probably means we'll never see another money island game again, by Telltale or anyone else for that matter.
I think your typo could be rather telling in this case. Another Monkey Island game isn't completely out of the realm of possibility; there's nothing Disney likes more than money.

Hirayuki fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Aug 30, 2014

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

He got knocked across a drat island in the first game. I think he's secretly made of rubber.
You know, I wouldn't put it past the Monkey Island universe to have it's own version of the Gum-Gum Devil Fruit.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
Oh wow, thank you so much guys and gals for your kind words!

In regards to Monkey Island's future I think it's now in Ron Gilbert's hands. I hope he can get the rights and if it involves a kickstarter event to make it happen then I'll gladly support it. He's already expressed interest in finishing off his vision of how he intended to take the series.

I posted a long time ago a few facts surrounding Monkey Island and Ron Gilbert's involvement. He originally intended the original Monkey Island games to be a trilogy but left LucasArts a year after LeChuck's Revenge was released to form Humongous Entertainment. Twelve years later it seems like he's wanting to take up the reigns again.

But there is some hope though, right now Double Fine Productions are re-mastering Grim Fandango in co-operation with Sony. Ron Gilbert teamed up with them once to make The Cave.

So we have a new company with the rights to LucasArts games who isn't adverse to leasing licenses, the creator of Monkey Island who wants to make a new game and a different company who would probably be open to it as they're already working on another LucasArts title. There's also the option of crowd funding too if the Monkey Island franchise was bought from Disney too.

I have no negativity towards TellTale for not producing a sequel, their Walking Dead games are really good and I was tempted to do an LP of both series. I do intend to return to LP'ing TellTale games, another revived duo in particular.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Aug 30, 2014

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
It would be fun to see how the game's creator envisioned the game to go. I also like how in tales of monkey island the players ability to solve puzzles became an actual in world skill that apparently only Guybrush is capable of doing and is recognized and treated as such.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Totally loved the LP but man that last chapter was not the best of the series.

Akogare Zephyr
Apr 29, 2013

This was such a wonderful LP to follow. I've always wanted to play the Monkey Island series since I heard that they ooze with charm. Glad to see that it's true. So thank you for doing all this. It's been one fun ride.

What an end though. I like the idea that Elaine and Morgan are the ones to strike LeChuck. Of course Threepwood's sacrifice is not insignificant either. Anywho, I got inspired a bit and made this.

Thanks again for doing this LP!

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy
Ow! My spirit!

Thank you RBD for putting in an insane amount of effort to bring us this LP, it's really been a blast. Now I'm going to have to trawl Let's Play for another series to watch. I'm looking forward to your next ones :)

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Seeing Zombie Threepwood get cartoonishly thrown around was pretty fun stuff. Also more wonderful taunts from LeChuck.

What the heck part of him did Morgan bring to the Voodoo Lady? A jaw?

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007
I was reading Scott Pilgrim and noticed this...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
A little bit late, but I can't thank you enough for what you've done here.

Despite playing PC games for the last twenty years, all Lucasarts titles slipped under my radar. It has been an absolute joy seeing some of the best works that I missed out on done all at once.

• Locked thread