Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
This is the forum for Debate and Discussion! Current events, regional political discussions, general political discussions, and controversial issues are all welcome here. General forums rules apply.

Additional D&D rules:

No cheerleading: Don't try to shut down a debate. Popular examples include "Don't listen to him, he's crazy," "Everyone else agrees with me," and "Yeah, this guy has it right."

No Parting shots: Don't announce that you're leaving or done arguing because everyone else is wrong and dumb. Suck it up and leave with dignity or stick around and try to prove everyone else is dumb.

Effort Being Met with No Effort Is Bad: If someone puts a lot of effort into a post or rebuttal, don't disregard it without good reason. This is subject to a lot of interpretation.

Catch-all: lovely posts are against the rules. What's a lovely post? That's up to the mods to decide. If you can't figure out what rule you broke, it's this one. Your post was lovely.

All of these rules are heavily subject to interpretation by the mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Just letting you know that we're cracking down on the meltdowns and slapfights that are happening like a hundred times per day in USpol.
That doesn't mean you should be more of a nark than usual, or report people for disagreeing with you.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

It is not yet the year of the dog. But in early celebration, it is now required for the first post of every new page of D&D to feature a picture of a dog. Let a hundred dogs bloom.

It is the year of the rooster but I do not dare ask for pictures of cocks on every page. Failure to follow this rule will result in probation.

EDIT: I am tired of enforcing the dog rule. You are welcome to follow it if you so choose.

R. Guyovich fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Apr 8, 2017

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Posting fat dogs is no longer required and was always kind of gross anyway. Fat birds are always good though.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Thanks to my wise colleague who lifted the dog rule a full two weeks after I already did that.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Nobodies reading this thread but us anyway. It's just me and you Guy. Forever.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
:siren: Do NOT explicitly or implicitly threaten harm on anyone, especially people under Secret Service protection or who might work in the White House. If you do so, you are risking a permaban. :siren:

(since apparently people don't seem to get this I'm going to quote C-Spam on this):

Squizzle posted:

ok, a lot of folks dont seem to get that you under no circumstances call for the violent, tragic, untoward, or even suspicious deaths or injury of members of govt, other secret service protectees, their families, friends, staff, or close associates

theres a wide latitude for things like calling home inspectors a wonderful professional class, but unambiguous calls to harm are not allowed under any circumstances

show some basic fuckin restraint, and dont make direct, unambiguous calls to harm. thats all. this should be easy

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jul 17, 2018

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
There's been a spate of racist slurs being dropped so we should probably clarify what we expect from D&D posters.

If the slur is a direct quote from someone, say so, and be sure if it's an appropriate context to the thread/rest of your post. (Personally I'd prefer it that if the poster was quoting somebody they either [url] tagged the article where the quote came from, used [quote] tags of the whole quote, got a screenshot of it, or mentioned it was a direct quote.)

If the slur is part of a tweet, an article, police report, or piss tape, that is also fine.

If you are just saying it because a politician said it and now you think you can get away with :emo: posting: you will probably catch a probation.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Aug 27, 2018

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
:siren: Going forward, ableist slurs ("retard," etc.) are probatable in D&D. Report people you see using them. That is all. :siren:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
:siren: Please don't kill yourselves. :siren:

If you're feeling like you're suicidal or need someone to talk to for mental health reasons, please contact one of us. Join a Discord. Get help.

I don't want to have to play internet detective to try and save more goon lives once they've already posted their suicide notes. Please keep yourself well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Please welcome your current new subforum-wide IKs for D&D, Helsing, Fool of Sound, and Main Paineframe. They have been IKing individual threads for awhile and done well, so their roles are being expanded. They do not see reports, so please do not cry if you make a report and they do not respond, but they do have PMs. If you have any questions, feel free to harass me, or PPJ. Thank you for your interest in our subforum.