Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

unlimited shrimp posted:

The crazy thing about Leno is that even older comedians who think he's a hack nowadays will talk about how fresh and funny he was when he was a young comic. It's hard to think of Letterman and Leno as once great stand-up comics.

i dunno, it follows a pretty well-worn path of talented and creative people getting picked up to do a blander, more mass-marketable version of whatever it was they were doing in the first place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I hate talk show Jay Leno, but sweet car Jay Leno is pretty cool.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

PostsYouCanDanceTo posted:

When I was little I didn't know Leno was an actual late-night talk show host; I grew up watching Letterman because my mother would tape him every night and we would watch it together the next day. So when I would see Leno in movies where they wanted a little 'current events' style verisimilitude I thought he was an actor film studios would hire to do a talk show host shtick. It was years before I found out that he wasn't a lame parody.

this is literally in, i think, independence day, and nothing else

• Locked thread