Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
during which ancient egyptian month will blackberry die?
thout
paopi
hathor
koiak
tobi
meshir
paremhat
paremoude
pashons
paoni
epip
mesori
gasthred
banop
RIM'S GONNA KEEP GOING BABY!!!
View Results

• Locked thread
Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

The Kins posted:

according to research firm Gartner, blackberry's share of the global smartphone market has fallen to a rounded-off 0.0% after shipping just 207,000 phones last quarter.

entirely coincidentally, blackberry is suing nokia over patent infringement claims, specifically seeking payment instead of blocking nokia's usage of the technologies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
crackberry: surely this is rock bottom

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

infernal machines posted:

crackberry: surely this is rock bottom

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

nice original case design you got there

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Thanks Ants posted:

nice original case design you got there

who did do that rounded case design first?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Subjunctive posted:

who did do that rounded case design first?

at the time they just called it "iPhone"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
If this is how BlackBerry wants to do hardware, we really won’t miss them.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

not sure that qualifying statement was needed tbh.

a coworker of mine uses a blackberry by choice, every email has "Sent from my BlackBerry - the world's most secure phone" or some similarly cringey as gently caress phrase. not a great idea to expose yourself as a blackberry user if you're meant to be selling people on new things.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

This isn't Blackberry trying to recapture a market. This device is a goodbye to their faithful; a chance to keep their beloved keyboards and move to a new platform. This their last device, that's what they've said. The name will live on but not actual Blackberries as we have known them.

It's a thankyou to the people who love the company.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Tayter Swift posted:

This isn't Blackberry trying to recapture a market. This device is a goodbye to their faithful; a chance to keep their beloved keyboards and move to a new platform. This their last device, that's what they've said. The name will live on but not actual Blackberries as we have known them.

It's a thankyou to the people who love the company.

a "thank you," a solid "gently caress you," whatever

why split hairs

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

a "thank you," a solid "gently caress you," whatever

why split hairs

"thank you for letting us gently caress you"

standard second date conversation

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

source your quotes

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Cocoa Crispies posted:

this looks like poo poo so much that it's hard to express how much i hate it

the camera module that isn't even centered properly on the mask inside the hole, gently caress

Cocoa Crispies fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Feb 26, 2017

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
What's the middlemost status icon there, the two hook things that makes an N?

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Thanks Ants posted:

not sure that qualifying statement was needed tbh.

a coworker of mine uses a blackberry by choice, every email has "Sent from my BlackBerry - the world's most secure phone" or some similarly cringey as gently caress phrase. not a great idea to expose yourself as a blackberry user if you're meant to be selling people on new things.
I work with a guy who uses a blackberry and his email signature is "Sent from a BlackBerry 10 device! That's right a BlackBerry! Do you have a problem with that?"

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

its their nfc icon

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Cocoa Crispies posted:

I'm the wasted space above the search bar

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Cocoa Crispies posted:

the four loving shapes of things on the earpiece bezel, that is the worst part, the super busy dots instead of a slot, what I'm guessing is a LED indicator, proximity sensor, and selfie camera, all different sizes and just hideous

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

FrozenVent posted:

wasted space
well we are talking about blackberry devices

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

if anyone can actually achieve negative market share it's these guys

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

qirex posted:

if anyone can actually achieve negative market share it's these guys

what would that even be, like sending a rep to stand on a street corner in a sizable city and hand out phones for free?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

minivanmegafun posted:

what would that even be, like sending a rep to stand on a street corner in a sizable city and hand out phones for free?

all sales are exclusively to people who plan to immediately destroy their phone on video

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

minivanmegafun posted:

the canadian government pays them to stop not making phones.

this is not an unlikely scenario

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

minivanmegafun posted:

lg literally did this

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

lg literally did this

part of the obamaphone program

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

minivanmegafun posted:

more people shoplifted Blackberries and returned them for store credit than the number of people who bought them

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

part of the obamaphone program

hosed up that the government would impose lg on the needy

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

more people shoplifted Blackberries and returned them for store credit than the number of people who bought them

i think we found the one thing no one would shoplift

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

mishaq posted:

hosed up that the government would impose lg on the needy

thobama

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

when i got my last phone, at&t was running a promotion where you would get $40 in at&t store credit for every blackberry you brought in, regardless of carrier it was from or the type of it, it just had to be able to power on long enough to verify the screen worked.

and you could get a bunch of blackberry bolds or whatever for $10-$20 all over the place, so i got a bunch of those pieces of poo poo, turned them in, and ended up paying very little for my phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

possession of a Blackberry is clear evidence of shoplifting a Blackberry but it's a victimless crime and so shouldn't be punished

• Locked thread