Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I'm not sure why Tree Tops is so infamous, it's really not that hard, I would say it's one of my favorite levels. Wild Flight is also my favorite flight level and now you've made me love the music even more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

I, for one, am looking forward to seeing you play Spyro 3 just for the skateboarding segments. I wasted days just loving around in those as a kid.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
In fairness to Spyro, this is supposedly the first time he's ventured outside the Artisan home world so he's likely not used to the swamps like the Beast Makers are.

Enter the Dragonfly was definitely released incomplete, I remember my sister doing a article on it noting that the game was supposed to be bigger than it ended up being and was supposed to not have the long load times either.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

No game is 'supposed' to have long load times, it's just something that happens when the programers don't have the time/skill to optimize their code.

Hyperman1992
Jul 18, 2013

Chimera-gui posted:

Enter the Dragonfly was definitely released incomplete

I don't know where you would have gotten that impression...

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

I love that one of the glitches is "if you flame breath and then charge the game lags so badly you pass right through pieces of scenery." :allears:

It's a good thing justafriend won't LP Enter the Dragonfly. If he tried to show off all the glitches every video would be an hour long.

Hyperman1992
Jul 18, 2013

dijon du jour posted:

It's a good thing justafriend won't LP Enter the Dragonfly. If he tried to show off all the glitches every video would be an hour long.

Actually, the updates would only be about 10 minutes, but the load times would make it an hour

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Hahah. I knew the game was bad, but not THAT broken. I kinda want to go back and play it again just for kicks now.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Oh come now, Enter the Dragonfly is the fourth best Spyro game due to all the others past it and the original trilogy are terrible and completely fail to capture what the first three games were about and what made them so fun. Enter the Dragonfly tries and fails quite badly, but that's more then what other games did.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Crosspeice posted:

Oh come now, Enter the Dragonfly is the fourth best Spyro game due to all the others past it and the original trilogy are terrible and completely fail to capture what the first three games were about and what made them so fun. Enter the Dragonfly tries and fails quite badly, but that's more then what other games did.

I quite enjoyed Hero's Tale and thought it was miles better than Enter the Dragonfly. Enter the Dragonfly, like you said, just sort of tried (and failed, miserably) to be the first 3 Spyro games all over again. Hero's Tale tried to do things a bit differently without going too far from the originals.

At least that was my impression. I actually finished Hero's Tale and never finished Enter the Dragonfly.

Wordybird
Oct 22, 2013

I like Chicken.
I like Liver.
Meow Mix Meow Mix please reconsider.

Silver Falcon posted:

I quite enjoyed Hero's Tale and thought it was miles better than Enter the Dragonfly. Enter the Dragonfly, like you said, just sort of tried (and failed, miserably) to be the first 3 Spyro games all over again. Hero's Tale tried to do things a bit differently without going too far from the originals.

At least that was my impression. I actually finished Hero's Tale and never finished Enter the Dragonfly.

I agree. Say what you will about Hero's Tale, but it was at least competently programmed and somewhat fun to play. Enter the Dragonfly was held together by string and prayers, and only just at that. Plus Hero's Tale wasn't afraid to try something different, even if it didn't work out as well. Gotta give it some props for that.

Archaedes
Nov 3, 2013

AinsleyAinsleyAinsley
AinsleyAinsleyAinsley
AinsleyAinsleyAinsley

Wordybird posted:

I agree. Say what you will about Hero's Tale, but it was at least competently programmed and somewhat fun to play. Enter the Dragonfly was held together by string and prayers, and only just at that. Plus Hero's Tale wasn't afraid to try something different, even if it didn't work out as well. Gotta give it some props for that.

I will happily admit that I 100%ed Hero's Tale. I loving loved that game as a kid. Nowdays I dont know why, but Im going to chalk it down to the colour scheme.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I've 100% both, I prefer EtD more, but I'm not sure why, maybe HT just didn't click with me, I might need to play it again.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Archaedes posted:

I will happily admit that I 100%ed Hero's Tale. I loving loved that game as a kid. Nowdays I dont know why, but Im going to chalk it down to the colour scheme.

Same, and there's something I don't like about both Red and the other boss models.

And they changed Spyro's voice actor :arghfist::smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
For what it's worth, I liked Dawn of the Dragon, as far as The Legend of Spyro goes. The story was pretty much Lord of the Rings with (more) Dragons, but it was a fun game.

edit: By the way, the link to the Stewart Copeland interview in your description is just the link to your video.

morallyobjected fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jul 31, 2014

• Locked thread