Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

DayZ Epoch is a good mod of a bad mod of a mediocre game. It is what DayZ always should have been.

If you're familiar at all with the DayZ mod you know what's wrong with it that often makes it more of a soul-crushing grind than a fun game. Epoch fixes a lot of that. It has everything to satisfy both the casual evening player and the dedicated bean-hoarding spergking. With a huge panoply of weapons, gear and vehicles Epoch has tons of opportunity for fun. On top of these great features it has a robust and (mostly) bug free crafting system with modular building pieces so you can cobble together your own apocalyptic doom tower out of sandbags and scrap metal and from its top rule all you survey with an iron fist and hot lead.

Epoch Features

Base Building & Crafting Systems

Modular Building System
    Crafting System
    30 Meter Plot Pole
    Fueling Options
    Lighting System

Economy & Vehicles

Currency
    Smelting
    Traders
    Vehicle Ownership - Cargo, Keys, Hotwire Kit
    Vehicle Upgrades

Player Interactions & Enhancements

Rare Loot
    More Wearable Clothing
    Backpacks
    Tagging System
    Nametag System
    Infected Player
    Surrendering

Environmental Interactions & Spawn Events

Documents
    Out of Bounds Radiation
    Fishing
    Harvesting Plants
    Tree Cutting System
    Harvesting Zombie Corpse
    Dynamic Debris

On top of all that great stuff the goon-run FOB Neckbeard server has custom buildings and cities, added vehicles and weapons, rebalanced pricing at traders, a good group of admins, and custom made AI mission spawns that are a great challenge. It also has a pretty solid community and usually has 15-20 players on a weeknight.

FOB NeckBeard Info
    Filter for: FOB
    IP: 162.208.49.30:2302

IRC:
    #FOB on irc.synirc.net

Mumble:
    mumble.fobneckbeard.com

Come join us in weathering zombie attacks, ambushing bandit convoys, and laying siege to insane junk-built castles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
This mod is a lot of fun. They are also currently working on an ARMA3 version.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I was very excited to try the new sauerland map.It looks great in screen shots (kind of like a mix between chernarus and taviana). I'm not that sure about though it's not very well layed and seems to suffer from being huge like taviana.

Any way I'll keep playing. What I really want an epoch version of lingor.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
So is this just Rust?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

The REAL Goobusters posted:

So is this just Rust?

Dayz with base building it's been out for ages but got a big new patch.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Jippa posted:

I was very excited to try the new sauerland map.It looks great in screen shots (kind of like a mix between chernarus and taviana). I'm not that sure about though it's not very well layed and seems to suffer from being huge like taviana.

Any way I'll keep playing. What I really want an epoch version of lingor.

They exist but it's a bit of a pain to get pubbies to join non chenarus epoch servers.

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

"What do you mean we're not in compliance?"
This server has been pretty great. I think I am nearly done making my base on top of an apartment building, complete with landing pad for my soon-to-be-crashed knighthawk.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Our server now comes with Korean war helicopters now!

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

Szcwczuk posted:

Our server now comes with Korean war helicopters now!

Holy christ are these helis fun to fly/crash. It's near impossible to be any good with the guns on them but they certainly obsolete the littlebird.

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

The goon server has been really busy lately. I think we had 15-20 on most of Monday and 20+ all weekend.

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

Epoch on ArmA 2 has been pretty fun so far. Hoping for A3 epoch soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I have played the dayz mod for ages now via dayz commander with no problems what so ever. I randomly decided to update the dayz version from 103718 too 112555. Previously I could play on any map with any version running.

Now I can't seem to play on the servers running the older version and I can't downgrade either for some reason? I've tried manually deleting the beta folder and reinstalling the older version but I just can't join servers?

What was I running previously that allowed me too play on servers running either version and what do you guys have installed?

e- This isn't an epoch problem specifically, but with all maps/mods.

• Locked thread