Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Uthor posted:

So, Jean was confident that she wouldn't lose control in the throws of passion, huh.
She did it right at the start of the Dark Phoenix Saga and the subtext to that was very much "All-American good girl tries kinky sex and discovers that she's into it" (so much of Claremont's run is him unsubtly airing his fetishes, in retrospect) so... feature, not bug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Uthor posted:

So, Jean was confident that she wouldn't lose control in the throws of passion, huh.

Scott's that bad in bed huh

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Scott must not have been that excited to bang Jean if he let a pair of glasses stop him.

When I wore glasses I wasn't having much sex either but it wasn't because of the glasses.

I mean, I didn't look good and the glasses were part of the look but that's

Ok anyway, what I'm saying is he could maybe try harder or be more creative.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

CapnAndy posted:

She did it right at the start of the Dark Phoenix Saga and the subtext to that was very much "All-American good girl tries kinky sex and discovers that she's into it" (so much of Claremont's run is him unsubtly airing his fetishes, in retrospect) so... feature, not bug.

And that's when he's keeping it mostly under control, or at least mitigating it with very somber storylines. When Claremont comes back on the book, kid gloves are off. Probably because you can't wear gloves when your arms are turned into tentacles.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Lobok posted:

Scott must not have been that excited to bang Jean if he let a pair of glasses stop him.

When I wore glasses I wasn't having much sex either but it wasn't because of the glasses.

I mean, I didn't look good and the glasses were part of the look but that's

Ok anyway, what I'm saying is he could maybe try harder or be more creative.
He usually just keeps the glasses on. Jean was doing that so she could see his whole face, not because she wasn't getting laid at all.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

CapnAndy posted:

He usually just keeps the glasses on. Jean was doing that so she could see his whole face, not because she wasn't getting laid at all.

bessantj's post that kicked off this tangent said that Scott was mopey he couldn't get with her.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Lobok posted:

bessantj's post that kicked off this tangent said that Scott was mopey he couldn't get with her.
Oh, yeah, back in the 60s. Dark Phoenix Saga was some 20-odd years later. And it wasn't a physical inability, it was typical Mavel melodrama "alas, the woman that I love! But I cannot be with her because I'm a terrible monster or I have to be the leader or I fear my glasses slipping or whatever excuse, who cares" stuff, same as Ben Grimm moping about Alicia Masters or Peter Parker pining for Gwen Stacy instead of just, y'know, asking the girl in question if she's cool with this.

They were already engaged by Dark Phoenix, I think. Certainly very seriously dating. And, y'know, he got Madeline Pryor pregnant afterwards, so the glasses were not the issue in themselves.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

CapnAndy posted:

And, y'know, he got Madeline Pryor pregnant afterwards, so the glasses were not the issue in themselves.

Should have used protection*!

*kept the glasses on

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

bessantj posted:

That is a most unsatisfying answer, but thank you.

Mr. Sinister was originally intended to be the creation of another kid from the orphanage Scott was raised in who either had the power to do a psychic projection of a cool adult body or who subconsciously manifested Mr. Sinister as an outlet for his frustration or bad feelings or whatever—it was something like that with a superpowered kid bringing him into being. That’s also why he looks so silly: he was supposed to be a dumb kid’s idea of a cool bad guy. Anyway, probably Cyclops being the only one able to hurt him had some connection to that original idea where Sinister was some kid or former kid Scott knew from childhood.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

CapnAndy posted:

Oh, yeah, back in the 60s. Dark Phoenix Saga was some 20-odd years later. And it wasn't a physical inability, it was typical Mavel melodrama "alas, the woman that I love! But I cannot be with her because I'm a terrible monster or I have to be the leader or I fear my glasses slipping or whatever excuse, who cares" stuff, same as Ben Grimm moping about Alicia Masters or Peter Parker pining for Gwen Stacy instead of just, y'know, asking the girl in question if she's cool with this.

I remember the Don Blake Thor identity, back when the comic started, was all "I can't confess I like Jane Foster, she doesn't deserve the love of A CRIPPLE-!" His terrible crippling deformity: he needed a cane to walk well.

I wonder if there's ever been a spoof on this old trope where the pair realize almost immediately how stupid they're being and promptly start dating.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Cornwind Evil posted:

I remember the Don Blake Thor identity, back when the comic started, was all "I can't confess I like Jane Foster, she doesn't deserve the love of A CRIPPLE-!" His terrible crippling deformity: he needed a cane to walk well.

I wonder if there's ever been a spoof on this old trope where the pair realize almost immediately how stupid they're being and promptly start dating.

My favorite is the Silver Age Atom, where Jean Loring refuses to marry Ray Palmer because she's a successful lawyer and doesn't want to give up her career -- you know, the way a married woman is expected to.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Selachian posted:

My favorite is the Silver Age Atom, where Jean Loring refuses to marry Ray Palmer because she's a successful lawyer and doesn't want to give up her career -- you know, the way a married woman is expected to.

It's a shame that the only thing I know about Loring is that she doesn't know how to get the attention of man still in love with her, and she likes to carry around a flamethrower.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Selachian posted:

I mean, gently caress, about a third of Silver Age Wonder Woman stories are the same idea but with the idea that if she marries Steve Trevor she'd have to retire from being Wonder Woman.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Then you have Supergirl and Comet, the Superhorse, and if they got married she'd have to stop being Supergirl...But for entirely different reasons.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

CzarChasm posted:

Then you have Supergirl and Comet, the Superhorse, and if they got married she'd have to stop being Supergirl...But for entirely different reasons.

:chloe:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hey now, don't worry. Comet the Superhorse was actually a centaur from Ancient Greece who was merely *transformed* into a full horse.

Also there's post-Crisis Comet the Superhorse who whew boy that is a story.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Apr 12, 2024

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

ImpAtom posted:

Hey now, don't worry. Comet the Superhorse was actually a centaur from Ancient Greece who was merely *transformed* into a full horse.

Also there's post-Crisis Comet the Superhorse who whew boy that is a story.

I thought he was human when an actual comet would fly near the Earth (a fairly regular occurrence), a centaur as the comet was a certain distance away, and then a full horse again when the comet was too far away. What a hellish existence.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
I'm deciding on my X-pulls in the post-Krakoa era. What are people's opinions on Jed MacKay?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Senior Woodchuck posted:

I'm deciding on my X-pulls in the post-Krakoa era. What are people's opinions on Jed MacKay?

Very, very good.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Very good! Also a goon, so you're supporting the home team.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Senior Woodchuck posted:

A real sicko. The dude loves Batroc the Leaper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

Can anyone recommend a good shop online that does pull lists, and ships them out in a timely fashion in the US? I mostly only get indies and variants I like in physical, most everything else in digital. I'd like to be able to pick and choose variants that I may not have on the pull list. I've relied on Whatnot the past year or so, but I'd like something with more reliable stock.