Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Man_of_Teflon
Aug 15, 2003

I'm spending this weekend in the Saugatuck area with some friends. Any recommendations for day trips around there? I can bring the DL650 or WRR so dirt is a possibility too... are the holton loop/cedar creek ORV trails worth another hour trip north?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Suggestions for tire mounting? Don't say that dude who does it for a few hours after work on Wednesdays only, he's just way too inconvenient to save a few bucks. I'm up north in Ravenswood.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

ShaneB posted:

Suggestions for tire mounting? Don't say that dude who does it for a few hours after work on Wednesdays only, he's just way too inconvenient to save a few bucks. I'm up north in Ravenswood.

You call THAT up north? Everyone I've found in Jefferson Park charges too much, so I just learned to do it myself. The only thing I have an issue with is seating the beads onto the rim, but this Firestone store at Foster & Milwaukee did it for me for no charge. I have a garage and all the equipment, if you feel like giving it a try. Unless MoT and SD want to have another maintenance party in Logan Square.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

captainOrbital posted:

You call THAT up north? Everyone I've found in Jefferson Park charges too much, so I just learned to do it myself. The only thing I have an issue with is seating the beads onto the rim, but this Firestone store at Foster & Milwaukee did it for me for no charge. I have a garage and all the equipment, if you feel like giving it a try. Unless MoT and SD want to have another maintenance party in Logan Square.

The guys at Motorcycle Mania were fair and fast, but they are just so out of my way that it's annoying. I basically have to go on a day I work from home so I can go when there is no traffic.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

If you can take your wheels off your bike, All Day Tire on Division is good cheap.

e. What bike did you wind up getting?

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Safety Dance posted:

If you can take your wheels off your bike, All Day Tire on Division is good cheap.

e. What bike did you wind up getting?

I can once I get the triple tree pin for my stand for the new bike. I just cheaped out with an 03 sv650 with some good mods. Fits my needs and budget best. Yawn.

Do they officially do motorcycle tires?

ShaneB fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jun 29, 2014

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Nah. They don't balance motorcycle tires. I think it was like $10 or $20 for mounting though. My tires didn't feel out of balance when they were done.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Safety Dance posted:

Nah. They don't balance motorcycle tires. I think it was like $10 or $20 for mounting though. My tires didn't feel out of balance when they were done.

Can they do it on the spot or did you have to drop off/pick up?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

It took 'em like 20 minutes. They're not equipped to take wheels off of the bike, is the only thing.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Anyone have any fun rides they do around/in the city? I'd love to have some ideas of where to ride after work when I just want to get some riding in.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Cruise up LSD, and then follow Sheridan to Sheridan to Sheridan to Sheridan, etc... That area is really lovely.

Head out I88 to Aurora, then take 31 up to I90 or down until you get lost and need your GPS to get back to I55.

I really like the Fulton Market area. Lots of neat little roads to explore, and you can probably catch air over the train tracks if you try.

Shmirgin44
Apr 22, 2010
Seconding LSD and Sheridan. Coming from SE Wisconsin, I do that drive in reverse all the time. This last Friday the weather was perfect and I stopped by the Adler planetarium to get a quick shot with the skyline

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Safety Dance posted:

Head out I88 to Aurora, then take 31 up to I90 or down until you get lost and need your GPS to get back to I55.

I'm gonna have to try this.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I live way north near LSD and do the Sheridan drive fairly often. I hate all the stop signs. :(

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!

ShaneB posted:

I live way north near LSD and do the Sheridan drive fairly often. I hate all the stop signs. :(

Consider it a chance to practice track standing your motorcycle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I'm never standing still long enough to do a trackstand (at stop signs).

• Locked thread