Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Fought the skeleton pit boss. I almost died because I was laughing too much. Kill a big skeleton and piles of little skeletons bwahahaha gets me every time. I love skeleton silliness.

Got the stats to effectively sport the drangleic sword so that's my slash weapon of choice. I like the way it looks swinging over the bastard sword.

Definitely got the hang of the combat. Felt like I cheated the lost sinner boss by summoning havel 2: great shield boogaloo. He just ate attacks while I smacked the boss. Did light the torches which probably helped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023

God drat it gently caress darklurker. I’ve wasted more than 50 effigies at this point and wasted my whole night

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

90sgamer posted:

God drat it gently caress darklurker. I’ve wasted more than 50 effigies at this point and wasted my whole night

Lightning. It's insanely weak to lightning. If you can chuck lightning spears, go for it, failing that, resins will also help a lot.

Mustached Demon posted:

Fought the skeleton pit boss. I almost died because I was laughing too much. Kill a big skeleton and piles of little skeletons bwahahaha gets me every time. I love skeleton silliness.

Have you encountered another skeletal boss? If not, I'd encourage you to re-explore the area before that boss. It's completely optional so no biggie, but if you like skeletons, you don't want to miss this one.

FishMcCool fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Apr 23, 2024

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

FishMcCool posted:

Lightning. It's insanely weak to lightning. If you can chuck lightning spears, go for it, failing that, resins will also help a lot.

Have you encountered another skeletal boss? If not, I'd encourage you to re-explore the area before that boss. It's completely optional so no biggie, but if you like skeletons, you don't want to miss this one.

I did notice another path in the foresty area in the zone. I plan to explore that next time.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Dirk the Average posted:

It's arguably the "best" implementation of durability in that it makes durability actually matter...

Yeah but is it still linked to framerate and interactions with enemies? I seem to recall if you were running at 60fps and bonked a corpse it would shred your durability.

*edit: I guess not considering there's mods for the PC version to adjust it.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Apr 23, 2024

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

It was linked to frame rate, but certain weapons have multiple collisions per swing, which also affects them disproportionately to their durability. So, even if you have a high durability weapon it could be degrading way faster than its stats imply.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I liked durability because that meant if you happened to invade someone AFK, you can be a dickhead and toss Corrosive Urns at them to break all their poo poo

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Durability has been fixed* in all versions of the game, AFAIK.

*There may or may not be some weird holes in the system still, but the general "60 FPS = 2x faster weapon breaking" has not been a thing in years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Skeleton chariot wasn't as amusing as skeleton lord. Not very many skeletons, actual boss was horse breathing dark stuff. No match for the blacksmith hammer (always use strike vs skeletons, it's a rule). Having the chariot kill the skeletons was funny. I might try to kill off those tall guys with whip/pole just because they suck and they deserve it.

Onward to the next area which I assume has lots of poison swamp going by the fact the bonfire is in a cave guarded by a poison swamp.