Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Bugdrvr posted:

What time you guys all getting there? I'm probably going to be there around 5 or 6 I'd guess depending upon motivation level to start driving.

Anyone want to meet up for dinner? A friend used to race up there all the time and said a place called Dos Coyotes is awesome so I'm going to check it out.

We're probably going to leave around 5-6, so get there around 7-8?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

If you're up for dinner when you make it up let me know. I'll Facebook you my number.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

I'm assuming you're all talking about getting there at 5-8 pm on Sunday and staying in a hotel? Because that's what I was planning on doing.

I would be down for dinner, I'm not sure when I'll be heading out, I was gonna just ride up on Sunday unless someone has room in a truck or something, it isn't too far.

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

I'm planning on getting there tomorrow and staying at a hotel. I'm going to be heading up the 99 to the 5 so I'm not sure that it would save you a whole lot of time to meet up and try to squeeze your bike in the back of my Ranger.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Here and ready to get weird.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

ADINSX posted:

I'm assuming you're all talking about getting there at 5-8 pm on Sunday and staying in a hotel? Because that's what I was planning on doing.

I would be down for dinner, I'm not sure when I'll be heading out, I was gonna just ride up on Sunday unless someone has room in a truck or something, it isn't too far.

Yup! No room here, unfortunately :(

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Man wish we were up there with you guys. Post them videos please!

Baymont Inn has a room with a jacuzzi in it, btw. It just made my headache worse after 8 hours at the track but my wife liked it.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

whew, I'm here. Staying at the motel 6. That was a tougher ride up than I anticipated... and its just gonna be worse after a day on the track tomorrow. Wish I didn't need to be back at work on Tuesday I'd stay an extra night.

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

I'm at the economy inn. I just drove around looking for a place to buy water and food for tomorrow but I'm pretty sure there are none.
I think maybe some of us were going to meet up for food later on. Not sure. I'm rationing my banana chips just in case.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Bugdrvr posted:

I'm at the economy inn. I just drove around looking for a place to buy water and food for tomorrow but I'm pretty sure there are none.
I think maybe some of us were going to meet up for food later on. Not sure. I'm rationing my banana chips just in case.

I just got a couple of gatoraids from one of the gas stations. I might go to Last Stand around 8 ish just to check it out, mainly because I like the name, I'm not even that hungry.

Idk what I'll do for lunch tomorrow, they close down the track for an hour for it though so I'll probably just ride 5 minutes into town and eat fast food.

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

That place is right across the street from my hotel.
I guess post up here if you decide to go. I'll walk over.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Bugdrvr posted:

That place is right across the street from my hotel.
I guess post up here if you decide to go. I'll walk over.

Cool, I think I'm gonna head over now, probably wont stay long since I wanna get to bed really early. I'm wearing a blue and white stripped shirt. GOON MEET

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

We'll be in about 10:30, stay in at the motel 6. poo poo ya.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

At the motel 6. Will get to the track around 7-7:30 tomorrow. See you jerks there!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

SUPA-DUKEU

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Subtly flipping off all us non-duke havers?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

That's my backin' it in finger.

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

List for next year:

Bike with brakes that don't vibrate like crazy
Bike that revs out to redline without bogging down
Bike made in the last decade

Other than poo poo equipment and me being a slow rear end I had an awesome time. I really want to try that track with something that's confidence inspiring rather than frightening. Maybe something Austrian. Maybe something like a Duke.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Bugdrvr posted:

List for next year:

Bike with brakes that don't vibrate like crazy
Bike that revs out to redline without bogging down
Bike made in the last decade

Other than poo poo equipment and me being a slow rear end I had an awesome time. I really want to try that track with something that's confidence inspiring rather than frightening. Maybe something Austrian. Maybe something like a Duke.

I want you to buy a KTM.

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

I can hardly find an argument against that.
I'll have to see if my KTM employed buddy can get me a deal on a demo/test/school bike and maybe sneak some R bits out to me.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Bugdrvr posted:

I can hardly find an argument against that.
I'll have to see if my KTM employed buddy can get me a deal on a demo/test/school bike and maybe sneak some R bits out to me.

KTM Purchase highly recommended. Join the club. Do iiiiiiiiiit.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
I finally got to ride the 675, other than the quick shifter not working, it was pretty awesome. Anyone have a link to the photographer's site?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

They're not up yet, unless you ordered at the track, but they'll be here:
http://www.oxymoronphotography.com/Motorbikes/Trackdays

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

That was a fun introduction to The Aprilia Falco and how much I've to improve on. The ride back to Seattle was a good introduction to the bike in another way (gently caress you Seattle cabbies). Thanks Z3n for making this possible. I'm ruined for life on all future track days now.

PS Corey Call enjoyed looking back at my bikes face when I was following him around the track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
^ That was a long drive back.

I followed Z3n for a few a "session":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH5upRozxTY

• Locked thread