Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Tabletop Sim is currently 50% off in the Steam sale if you've been waiting on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Any recommendations for some well realised local multiplayer games?(so preferably no hidden information like player hands).

I've built a digital tabletop thing mainly for rpg's (just a table with an inlaid monitor), but would like to give it a shot with some TTS too

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Solemn Sloth posted:

Any recommendations for some well realised local multiplayer games?(so preferably no hidden information like player hands).

I've built a digital tabletop thing mainly for rpg's (just a table with an inlaid monitor), but would like to give it a shot with some TTS too

I played Sorry with a friend, it was good fun. Only applicable if like Sorry, though.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

Solemn Sloth posted:

Puerto Rico doesn't have hidden information afaik, except maybe victory point values. But you could probably flip them over and forget about them.

Other games without player hands, off the top of my head: Power Grid, Carcassonne, Chess, Hive, Space Hulk: Death Angel, Acquire, Formula D? There might be a "hidden information" mechanic I'm overlooking in one of those, or an obvious game I'm forgetting.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Pandemic. Co-op with no secrets.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I thought player hands were hidden in Pandemic? Maybe they changed it in the newer editions.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
They may be but it encourages discussion and it is a co-op game so I have literally never played it with hidden hands, even in person.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Guess I'm dragging this back from the depths cause I want in on some games, might help other people find this thread too.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

Yeah, I'm honestly surprised there aren't more goons playing TTS. I'd be willing to play sometime as well, I saw you found the other thread.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Or more people using TTS in general, really. I think a lot of people ran off with the idea that it was little more than a joke app since that's what it looked like on release.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

My experience is that my friends think the controls are too clunky, and don't enjoy using it due to that. :shrug:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
What a great time to bump the thread since the game is half off on Steam for the next week!

The controls have been markedly improved since the initial launch. I usually find myself using it to play games with either an internet group that occasionally likes playing board games or my friends from college who love board games but all moved away. I don't think it has or ever will have mass appeal, unfortunately. Maybe the VR aspect will bring more people in and alleviate some of the control issues people face. But then you have VR issues.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I do a semi-regular TTS game with a small group (3-4 people). What are everyone's favourite mods? We've been having great fun with Steampunk Rally, but we'd like to mix it up a bit.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

Going to go ahead and plug the PGS thread/discord, though both have been a bit dead as of late: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3777171

Jabor posted:

I do a semi-regular TTS game with a small group (3-4 people). What are everyone's favourite mods? We've been having great fun with Steampunk Rally, but we'd like to mix it up a bit.

I used to play a fair amount of pickup lobbies, so I had the best luck with games that were relatively easy to pick up, quick to play and supported a lot of people: Bang!, Codewords, Shadow Hunters and Secret Hitler come to mind. If I had a group to play with I'd be pretty interested in playing something like 7 Wonders or a Eurogame like Puerto Rico, though. IMO a big upside of TTS is the fact that you can play pretty much any board game in existence thanks to Steam Workshop.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK
I mostly use TTS to play Munchkin, but that's infrequent, mostly because a single game can take 2-3 hours or more, depending on how many people are playing and how well people know the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Game is on sale again, this time on the humble store.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/tabletop-simulator

Played some Feast for Odin and KDM, both really good. Kinda sad I missed out on buying Scythe last steam sale but I guess I'll get it come christmas.

• Locked thread