Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

maybe he's korean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Shouldn't all these be ticks?

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

Eric Cantonese posted:

Nope. I'm wrong.

http://www.premierleague.com/content/dam/premierleague/site-content/News/publications/handbooks/premier-league-handbook-2013-14.pdf

p. 97

"If at the end of the Season either the League Champions or the Clubs to be relegated or the
question of qualification for other competitions cannot be determined because 2 or more
Clubs are equal on points, goal difference and goals scored, the Clubs concerned shall play off
one or more deciding League Matches on neutral grounds, the format, timing and venue of
which shall be determined by the Board."

Id love to see one of these playoffs sometime

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Tbf Moyes would probably be great, financial constraints would be similar to Everton

Xbox One
Apr 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 518 days!
i dare say that sign was crafted with the same amount of thoughtfulness and foresight as Newcastle's [teamsheet][tactics]

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Psybro posted:

I understand why you wouldn't be happy with Pardew but all this A4 banner rage about having financial stability but no ambition makes me think some Geordies learnt nothing from Leeds, including the time Newcastle did a Leeds.

imo there is a difference between Leeds' Icarus act and Newcastle's entire squad and staff literally giving up half way through the season once safety is assured.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Mr Snips posted:

yeah, the sign says that the club has ambition, useful tactics, and no contempt for the fans, but it does not have financial stability. Great sign.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Mr Snips posted:

This is a very good point

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

where the gently caress were they

Xbox One
Apr 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 518 days!
i did a leeds this morning and no one wanted to use the toilet for a good 2 hours

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Mr Snips posted:

I'm thinking those are four things Newcastle have and the crosses denote bad things and the ticks good things. Geordies aren't known for being smart.

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

Mr Snips posted:

I think what he was going for is that those are the traits of the current newcastle regime and awarding them a good/bad icon, rather than it being a checklist. Its a really poor attempt at a sign though.

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

Steves Asleep posted:

I think what he was going for is that those are the traits of the current newcastle regime and awarding them a good/bad icon, rather than it being a checklist. Its a really poor attempt at a sign though.

would have used a higher g/m^2 personally

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Pardew blaming the ref for the first and second goal, oh well. He also thinks the fans demands too much. Digging his own grave now.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

euroboy posted:

Pardew blaming the ref for the first and second goal, oh well.

The second goal I could see but what was wrong with the first one?

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)
i honestly think we are the worst team in the league. even when we do well we're always one injury/transfer away from this, all the time

Steve Evets
Feb 6, 2006

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

The second goal I could see but what was wrong with the first one?

It was an extremely soft foul, on a long ball Giroud was never going to get to. I'd be annoyed if that went against us.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Rakosi posted:

i honestly think we are the worst team in the league. even when we do well we're always one injury/transfer away from this, all the time

it was clear when we had cabaye we were poo poo when he was injured yet signing cover never seemed to be an idea

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Rakosi posted:

oh god no, you mustnt have watched much Sunderland for 3/4ths of this season

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

NO-QUARTERMASTER

Jose posted:

it was clear when we had cabaye we were poo poo when he was injured yet signing cover never seemed to be an idea

fire ashley too

hmmm how are gateshead doing nowadays?

Xbox One
Apr 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 518 days!
Sunderland was also bad and one injury/transfer from being a good team, but in the opposite direction from Cabaye/Newcastle in that they just needed to old yeller Jozy.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Seriously look how bloody ridiculous this is:

1st half

2nd half

Its like a piece of performance art about the futile nature of top flight football outside of the rich teams.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
at the stroke of boxing day our league form turns back into a pumpkin.

GF: 10 GA: 34 GD: -24 lol

tetsuo fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Apr 28, 2014

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Say Cabaye to winning any more games

Xbox One
Apr 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 518 days!
mmm that 0-0 at Norwich must have been tasty, shame I don't remember that one

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

NO-QUARTERMASTER

i'm gonna buy some new nufc merchandise to cheer myself up

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
are they selling brown paper bags on the website yet

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

St totteringhams day :toot:

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009

Mr Snips posted:

Should have just left all the ticks off and replaced the F with F***ed Management or something

Xbox One
Apr 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 518 days!
lets make our own!

Fat owner x
Fat owner x
Cunts x

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Xbox One posted:

lets make our own!

Fat owner x
Fat owner x
Cunts x

you're still doing it wrong!!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

euroboy posted:

Pardew blaming the ref for the first and second goal, oh well. He also thinks the fans demands too much. Digging his own grave now.

The fans are unreasonable for expecting the team to score a goal in more than 5 games this year?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

tbp posted:

When I visited Wembley the tour did a little quiz section and me and some old geezer got most of the Qs right. asked later who we support, I said Liverpool and he answered Palace. he gave me a stoic nod.

tbp posted:

When I visited Wembley the tour did a little quiz section and me and some old geezer got most of the Qs right. asked later who we support, I said Liverpool and he answered Palace. he gave me a stoic nod.

tbp posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

I didnt know he was an rear end in a top hat lol

• Locked thread