Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Bradford and Reid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?

Gandalf21 posted:

Bradford and Reid

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Intruder posted:

Bradford and Ohhh Yeahhhh

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
Bradford WTF and Brees' Neck.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Gandalf21 posted:

Bradford and Reid

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

It is not Skip Bayless. If anything its an anti-Skip persona.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how much is this celebrity Stephen A Smith

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
I for one welcome the ghost of Howard Cosell to our fair forums.

Bradford and Brees

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

stubblyhead posted:

Bradford and Brees

Words fail me, just as thoughts fail Bradford, and vertebrae fail Brees.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I hope the celebrity guest is Chris Kluwe

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

waah posted:

I hope the celebrity guest is Chris Kluwe

This thread is the best 2013 TFF gif, not the Douche of the Year thread.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Intruder posted:

Bradford and Ohhh Yeahhhh

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

BRADFORD

and

KOOL ANDY

My vote for now. I will attempt to expand on why Bradford is so crucial to our livelihoods if I make it to a computer before the vote is final. For now, realize that there is a bewildered quarterback inside all of us.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Celebrity cotes acquired! Will post the votes with proof when i get home.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Bradford and Brees

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

The intense wait is over! Our celebrity votes were cast by the Dan Lebatard Show! Dan, Stugotz, and executive producer Mike Ryan all chose their favorite .gifs and they unanimously chose Wheeze and Brees.

Proof:

Me with Dan and Stugotz at a Heat event:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

awww, I was hoping for Gendo

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I knew I didn't like Dan LeBatard for a reason :argh:

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Hockles posted:

awww, I was hoping for Kluwe

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Of all the ESPN crew, you managed to run into the coolest ones. That's awesome.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

old dog child posted:

Of all the ESPN crew, you managed to run into the coolest ones. That's awesome.

I was hoping either Papi or Bomani would make an appearance as well, but they did not. It was still really cool meeting Dan and Stugotz. Stugotz is a really cool guy and very nice to everyone. His on air personality is definitely exaggerated, but not by much. Dan is much bigger in person than I expected, not fat though. Dude is easily 6'2" (I am 6' even for comparison). Also, he is super stoic during the game. Like he doesn't show any emotion, whether they are up or down during the game. Apparently he can be very socially awkward, but that wasn't my experience. He was quiet and reserved, but didn't shy away from conversation when people engaged him. The other thing that was surprising is the number of people who kept hitting Mike Ryan up for advice on how to get into the production side of things. We ended up having a rather longish conversation because we are both craft beer nerds and at least 3 people came up giving him business cards and asking how to do what he does.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

wheez the roux posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4sTPRZCRRY

There's a feeling everyone who has a college football team knows – a feeling of aching disappointment, of things that could have been but weren't. Some feel it more sharply, some more frequently of others. Programs rise and fall, as is the nature of the sport. There are powerhouse teams that remain relevant seemingly forever, but even Texas and Florida have their stretches of abject failure. There's comfort in knowing your program has a history and in recognizing the cyclical nature of competitiveness. That sharp pain of a stinging, surprise loss – that horrible gut-wrenching pain of being cast out of greatness, however temporary – that pain is tempered by this recognition.

For many of us though, success for our team has been illusive: only earned by mistake, a timeline of horrors punctuated with victory just often enough to keep a pilot light of hope burning. You can't have disappointment without that hope. You get numb to it, yes, but never so numb that you don't still feel the sting of a bad loss. Being ground down over worthless decades may be a more blunt pain less acutely felt, but the real hurt lies in the knowledge that things won't get better.

Oh, our wonderful quarterback, have you seen him play? How beautifully he throws the ball! He's a natural, he's going places, surely he'll be drafted high, he'll be a franchise QB for his career!

Then that dream has a public meltdown that humiliates your school for a generation in the memories of those who witness it. That dream gets arrested for serial burglary of drugs and sent to jail in Texas after busting so big that his name will be synonymous with the word forever.

But humiliation is something that can be withstood. It sucks, sure, but you know it doesn't really mean anything. There's next year, a new class, new players, and no real reason to dwell on it. But after so many years of fortune refusing to change, you finally realize: Ryan Leaf wasn't just the quarterback we had. He was the quarterback we deserved.

And in that moment, watching Halliday throw into triple coverage, when you realize that you'd rather have that generational embarrassment back than watch what's happening in front of you? That's when you let it wash over you and come to terms with the infinite sadness of Wazzu football. gently caress it; I'm eating popcorn.

as for the other, it's an easy decision because the pleasure of seeing that piece of poo poo idiot rear end in a top hat motherfucker's neck getting powerfucked into the dirt is exquisite

Wheez & Brees

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Aww man I was hoping Swickles had some D-list celebrity show up in his hospital needing a prostate exam and we'd get a story about how swickles had his hand up Colin Cowherd's rear end in a top hat asking him about what internet gif he thought was funniest

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Voting is pretty close, so I am going to keep this open another day.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Since the celebrity voted opposite of me I think we should discount it

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Hey Dan I'm holding an internet picture contest and was wondering if you wanted to cast a vote.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The real question is does Dan LeBatard pronounce it with a hard or soft g.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

commy gun posted:

Hey Dan I'm holding an internet picture contest and was wondering if you wanted to cast a vote.

That's pretty much exactly how it went and everyone was cool with it. Didn't miss a beat, in fact they all laughed really loving hard at the Brees one because even Mike Ryan hadn't seen that one yet.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

commy gun posted:

That's how I met my wife

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Intruder posted:

That's how I met my wife

And how I got my first sexual harassment charge!

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

swickles posted:

I was hoping either Papi or Bomani would make an appearance as well, but they did not. It was still really cool meeting Dan and Stugotz. Stugotz is a really cool guy and very nice to everyone. His on air personality is definitely exaggerated, but not by much. Dan is much bigger in person than I expected, not fat though. Dude is easily 6'2" (I am 6' even for comparison). Also, he is super stoic during the game. Like he doesn't show any emotion, whether they are up or down during the game. Apparently he can be very socially awkward, but that wasn't my experience. He was quiet and reserved, but didn't shy away from conversation when people engaged him. The other thing that was surprising is the number of people who kept hitting Mike Ryan up for advice on how to get into the production side of things. We ended up having a rather longish conversation because we are both craft beer nerds and at least 3 people came up giving him business cards and asking how to do what he does.

Shameful admission: I'm completely envious and have never really wanted to visit Florida for any reason before today.

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:

wheez the roux posted:

Wheez & Brees

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.
Bradford and Brees

gohuskies fucked around with this message at 00:30 on May 22, 2014

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Wheez and Andy

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

gohuskies posted:

Bradford and Bress

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Wheez and Brees

Just because they rhyme.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

seiferguy posted:

Wheez and Brees

Just because they rhyme.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

By a retarded close margin, TFF2013.gif is officially:

In the category of edited .gifs, your winner is:

Thanks for voting and this was a fun and efficient tournament! Starting with the pre-season I will be saving all .gifs to a folder and we will repeat the tournament next year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
woot...

• Locked thread