Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bogan is something akin to redneck. I have no idea what yobo is.

You only bogan once?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

Bogan is something akin to redneck. I have no idea what yobo is.

You only bogan once?

Yank myself, but yeah bogan in Australia basically seems to be their version of our rednecks and I assume he means the same as the Brits do for the latter

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
PSP is going to turn into TNA's developmental at this rate.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Shima Honnou posted:

Translate things like bogan and yobo into American so that we have an idea what you're talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiHdpAVIHgo

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
I usually just hear Australians complain about Abbos, and then complain about Americans calling them racist because we "don't understand."

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Bogan is kind of like Urban Rednecks, just idiots. And yeah, Yobbo is the same between England and Australia.

God Of Paradise posted:

I usually just hear Australians complain about Abbos, and then complain about Americans calling them racist because we "don't understand."

Like in America, our race relations are a complicated beast with a number of problems from all sides, and unnecessary racism suddenly coming from otherwise reasonable people occasionally.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Holy poo poo end the world I am looking at a TISM music video in PSP.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
So is a yobbo supposed to be something similar to a chav, or am I way off on that?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

What the hell am I looking at?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Cory Lidle posted:

So is a yobbo supposed to be something similar to a chav, or am I way off on that?

Chavs can be yobbos, but not all yobbos are chavs.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

BigRed0427 posted:

More reasons why Australia wasn't meant for human habitation.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein

BigRed0427 posted:

Wikipedia posted:

Whatareya? is the name of the third single by TISM off their album https://www.tism.wanker.com (1998).

One of the main themes on the album wanker.com is the differences between the cultures of male society, the Yobs and the Wankers. The first single from the album, Yob told explicitly the role of the Yob, however this single distinctly marks the territorial bounds between the two classes of men.

Throughout the song it is revealed that the Yob is the basic equivalent of the American redneck and the Wanker is the more intellectual member of society, one who looks down upon the Yob.

As witnessed by the verse:

A wanker fights inequalities
And for people's rights;
A Wanker fights class prejudice -
A Yobbo just fights

The differences are many between the two; the song asks the listener to make the decision as to which side of the fence they fall on, and offers criteria with which to judge oneself.

Anyway I hope you do a good job wrestling and that.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

coconono posted:

More reasons why Australia wasn't meant for human habitation.

Hey man, TISM is one of the only good things to come out of that god-forsaken hellhole.

http://youtu.be/Ijx_tT5lCDY

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Just got back from my first class. I admit I was vey nervous going into it. Fortunately They didn't start me off with doing bumps. They had me doing different rolls and walk the ropes. THen I learned how to do collar and elbow tie ups and how to chain a few moves out of that. (Arm-twist to Hammerlock, to headlock.)

THe rolls in general are where I am having the most trouble. I keep ending up going to the side when ever I do one.

It wasn't as physically tasking as I thought it was going to be. Although I did get dizzy from all the rolls and I'm sure my neck is going to be feeling it in the morning. My fear was that I was going to throw up during it. It's happened to me a few times during workouts before if I hadn't eaten or eaten to soon.

I'm definitely going back next week. In the man time I gotta get back to the gym, main goal is to lose weight.

Edit: OH! And one of the other guys in the class was Apollo's Son

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 02:39 on May 2, 2014

Beasley
Sep 20, 2008

You better get ready to die.

BigRed0427 posted:

Just got back from my first class. I admit I was vey nervous going into it. Fortunately They didn't start me off with doing bumps. They had me doing different rolls and walk the ropes. THen I learned how to do collar and elbow tie ups and how to chain a few moves out of that. (Arm-twist to Hammerlock, to headlock.)

THe rolls in general are where I am having the most trouble. I keep ending up going to the side when ever I do one.

It wasn't as physically tasking as I thought it was going to be. Although I did get dizzy from all the rolls and I'm sure my neck is going to be feeling it in the morning. My fear was that I was going to throw up during it. It's happened to me a few times during workouts before if I hadn't eaten or eaten to soon.

I'm definitely going back next week. In the man time I gotta get back to the gym, main goal is to lose weight.

Edit: OH! And one of the other guys in the class was Apollo's Son

Hahaha, get used to those rolls! They're ultra important. Also, stop being a pussy about bumps.

Stormin Mormon
Nov 12, 2003

"Stormin'" since 1999
Mormon since 2005
Bumps will become the easiest thing to you when you learn them and they are the most important things if you want to keep at it. I got sidelined for a few months because my bumps looked like poo poo.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Make sure you take most of the force of the bump on the back of the head, it helps to shoot the impact down your spine and spread it through your body

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

It's been awhile since I updated this, It's time I did.

First off, my shoulder is killing me from doing the spot where my opponent bounces off the rope, chest blocks me and then I bump. I know now why Ambrose and Bryan have the same shoulder taped up all the time.

I also started bumping, but still not doing it right. I keep either trying to catch myself on the way down or I am not getting enough height when I jump up.

Also, I GOT A GIMMICK :neckbeard: I'm going to be a crazy pyromaniac and part of a stable.

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jul 25, 2014

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

BigRed0427 posted:

Also, I GOT A GIMMICK :neckbeard: I'm going to be a crazy pyromaniac and part of a stable.

You gotta call a move "Firestarter" now.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Solomonic posted:

And it has to be a transition to his finisher.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

And your finisher is a Burning Lariat.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Solomonic posted:

Or perhaps "Ignition" or "Accelerant"

Stormin Mormon
Nov 12, 2003

"Stormin'" since 1999
Mormon since 2005

BigRed0427 posted:

I'm going to be a crazy pyromaniac and part of a stable.

Manager or worker as part of the stable?

I work as the defacto leader of a stable in one of the feds I work, and as GM at the other.

But I am also the guy who takes the crazy bumps, or puts over the "guests" that we bring in. This past show I took Socko and had Simmons tell me "drat" afterward. I honestly was freaking out inside all the while telling myself "Don't mark, don't smirk like Ambrose with Roberts!"

Edit: pictures from a fan from that night, sorry for size

Stormin Mormon fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jul 25, 2014

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Stormin Mormon posted:

"Don't mark, don't smirk like Ambrose with Roberts!"

In all fairness, I wouldn't put the Ambrose character beyond thinking, "I have a python crawling across my face, this isn't that bad...yeah man, I like it."

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Stormin Mormon posted:

Manager or worker as part of the stable?

I work as the defacto leader of a stable in one of the feds I work, and as GM at the other.

A Worker. I wanna debut as a character at least in September for PWA's anniversary shows because one of the places their performing is at the school I work at. In ring wise I probably won't be ready yet.

Not sure how much I'm suppose to say about the stable's gimmick since there is suppose to be some kind of reveal to it.

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jul 25, 2014

Stormin Mormon
Nov 12, 2003

"Stormin'" since 1999
Mormon since 2005

BigRed0427 posted:

A Worker.

Not sure how much I'm suppose to say about the stable's gimmick since there is suppose to be some kind of reveal to it.

Don't give away anything that has not already happened. Just be careful with who you tell about a gimmick or what not before it has been revealed at the show itself. I had to pull someone aside at the last show we did because they were giving too much away on their facebook feed and had people in the audience talking about it when I was doing the intermission meet and greet and the kid hadn't even performed yet. I know "kayfabe is dead" but just stick to cues, and when you get in the ring, for the love of God, please keep to your allotted time.

RHX
Oct 20, 2005
So I started training to be a pro wrestler about 3-4 months ago, and this past week I finally worked my first show - as a manager. I took a back body drop badly (I didn't jump properly so when I hit the ground I landed on my neck, the doctors said if it hadn't been for the crash mat, I'd have been paralyzed) in training so while I've been out of physical action - aside from a Rumble spot - I've been asked to work as a manager for a local federation.

Here's my first ever outing in professional wrestling as a manager from last Thursday night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bRlcFXFnz4 - any suggestions on what could be improved? (Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44XEKGOZc2U&t=421s for my somewhat poor Rumble performance, starts at 7:00)

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

How do you train to just be a ref? Im lazy and short and in my 30's and would rather not have to do any work at all.

Stormin Mormon
Nov 12, 2003

"Stormin'" since 1999
Mormon since 2005

RHX posted:

So I started training to be a pro wrestler about 3-4 months ago...

Not too shabby, was this your first time EVER as a manager? You have some pretty good mic skills and a good voice, better than someone who started training 3-4 months ago. I wouldn't have addressed the woman yelling "Mr. B" or whatever it was on the mic, I would have smiled and nodded to her or shot her a look, but not on the mic. That was the only promo thing I noticed that "could be improved"

As far as your work itself as a manager outside the ring, grab a post and stand by it, or a chair. Stand where you are not in the way of anyone, I noticed you moving back and forth to the ring a lot, and sometimes your outbursts could take away from the shine of the match. Don't be as loud unless you are calling for a spot, or it is part of the story line to be yelling at your guy.

As for the rumble performance, not too shabby, your character seems like they would use elbows more than gut shots though. My go to move when something is not supposed to affect the guy is a running knee.

super macho dude posted:

How do you train to just be a ref? Im lazy and short and in my 30's and would rather not have to do any work at all.

Don't, the ref does a lot more than you realize. The constant up and down for pin counts, the mediation between the competitors when a spot is blown and they need to make adjustments mid match, the crazy bumps that a ref can take are also up there. A ref will work just as much as a worker, and longer as they will have to do multiple matches in a night. So if you would "rather not have to do any work at all", enjoy the show and pay your $10 to sit in the seats.

Bonus content: Here is a video starting from the point Foley hit me to Ron saying drat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imHy7-dEIbM

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

So yesterday I attended a seminar with Abyss. That was cool, even though I didn't do much. All I did was practice doing Hip tosses with a few of the other less experienced guys but HOLY poo poo, is that something I needed to do. JVS is a good teacher but sometimes I feel like he just shoves me in the ring and tells me to do a move I have never done before or am not completely comfortable doing yet.

Abyss meanwhile had everyone else put together three minuet matches, to teach them time management and the four parts to a match.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Was he wearing the mask?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Was he wearing the mask?

Not during the class no. Real nice guy too.

Anyway, had class again last night and AR Fox was training with us. After I blew a spot I was working on with Darko (My opponent Backrolls and I Tiger Roll through his legs.) He told me part of my problem is I think to much about it. Eventually all this will be second nature and I won't need to think of what I need to do next.

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Oct 4, 2014

• Locked thread