Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

041524 posted:

what do you think its costs to live a life where money is no object? 3 billion?

If capitalism has taught us anything it’s the more that money is no object, the more it is the only object.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
3 Billion is how much we give cops in LA, and let me tell you it buys a lot of helicoptors

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
if it proves anything, musk's comedy of errors buying twitter is proof you can never have so much money that you can't blow it on stupid bullshit. how much money is "enough" depends entirely on someone's taste for stupid bullshit

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

GentleReject posted:

Oh wait, I'm describing San Francisco

But really why burger and fries $30 and $100,000+ income = family "poverty?"

because middle class people can’t afford the rent or mortgage unless they inherit or get a hand-me-down

and it’s gonna be the case for the rest of the state too

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2024-04-15/california-home-values-climbing-million-dollar-cities

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

MickeyFinn posted:

I keep running into barriers in various facets of my life that are constructed around the idea that $100k is a lot of money for a yearly income. It is better than lower values, for sure, but it isn’t house and 2 kids kinda money in costal California. Apparently housing starts are trending down, so it is only going to get worse.

maybe in crescent city it could work though

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
The amount of poo poo I get for complaining about the difficulty of living on 80k in California from people back east when I'm dealing with medical issues hour drives and poo poo beyond that is infuriating. 100k is really really really solid and I am so happy to be making as much as I am but I am not going to be retiring anytime soon.

Just give me some public transportation, please. Or fix my potholes.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

TGG posted:

Or fix my potholes.
You have to get to know the road guy on pothole fixing duty. Bake them some cookies for coming out. This was in a rural county though.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
ventura is so loving bad about fixing potholes (and also most other things)

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

I want public transit, and more potholes.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Might as well get one of my wishes fulfilled.

SA Forums Poster
Oct 13, 2018

You have to PAY to post on that forum?!?
Public Transport: $200
Infrastructure: $100
Police: $300,000
Housing: $150
Public health: $20

someone who is good at economy please tell me why my society is crumbling and I need $400,000/year to live

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

SA Forums Poster posted:

Public Transport: $200
Infrastructure: $100
Police: $300,000
Housing: $150
Public health: $20

someone who is good at economy please tell me why my society is crumbling and I need $400,000/year to live

Spend less on Public Transport, Public Health, and Housing. Arrest more minoritiescriminals (reminder that not having a house is a crime) to save on firefighting costs.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

jetz0r posted:

I want public transit, and more potholes.

Make the potholes so big that anything smaller than a bus falls right through them

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Install cattle guards like they put on rural roads, except sized to prevent cars from passing.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

withak posted:

Install cattle guards like they put on rural roads, except sized to prevent cars from passing.

Those are called “bus traps” i think - Stockholm has a fair bit of them around, where it’s a narrowing of the road and then a bit of k-rail that sticks up in the middle of the lane. The bus can go over it no problem, but cars will get their oil pan taken out.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

*lifts my f-350 more*

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_Cw0QJU8ro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drk
Jan 16, 2005

luminalflux posted:

Those are called “bus traps” i think - Stockholm has a fair bit of them around, where it’s a narrowing of the road and then a bit of k-rail that sticks up in the middle of the lane. The bus can go over it no problem, but cars will get their oil pan taken out.

I looked this up and someone made a short film about them, here's pics for the curious

apparently it mostly traps tourists and old people