Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
James Hardon
May 31, 2006

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Nice OP.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Finally, one I've seen!

Still, I think this was the movie that made me realize I'm super not into Stan Brakhage. See aforementioned table-breaking screenshots.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Is that man's mustache growing out of his nose?

Two Worlds
Feb 3, 2009
An IMPOSTORE!
Thanks.

acephalousuniverse
Nov 4, 2012
May Movie of the Month: All Dogs Go to Heaven - the dogs are jews
Pages 1234567...Last

James Hardon
May 31, 2006

acephalousuniverse posted:

Pages 1234567...Last

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Pages 1234567...Last

Haha let's actually all watch cartoons, fucker.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I am compelled to watch this movie simply for the title.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Good to see the movie of the month getting a touch more populist.

Oliver Reed
Mar 18, 2014

Amazing movie, and a personal favorite.

Only Brakhage film I enjoy more is The Act of Seeing with One's Own Eyes. Can't really recommend that one, though, due to how disturbing it is.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Star Man posted:

I am compelled to watch this movie simply for the title.

Crack a beer and settle in with it. Perhaps you'll have more to say about it than the OP.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

strtj
Feb 1, 2010

James Hardon posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Do you mean the entire series of Dog Star Man movies? They were split into five parts, the prelude and parts I-IV.

acephalousuniverse
Nov 4, 2012

Oliver Reed posted:

Amazing movie, and a personal favorite.

Only Brakhage film I enjoy more is The Act of Seeing with One's Own Eyes. Can't really recommend that one, though, due to how disturbing it is.

I have only seen a few of them (including Act of Seeing and the one with his kid being born - Window Water Baby Moving?) but my favorites were always the abstract ones, especially the Inferno and Mothlight.

Sucks the dude got cancer from the paint he used. :rip:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Crack a beer and settle in with it. Perhaps you'll have more to say about it than the OP.

Having nothing to say about Dog Star Man is far superior to having a bunch of dumb poo poo to say about Mouse Hunt.

acephalousuniverse fucked around with this message at 23:17 on May 2, 2014

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Having nothing to say about Dog Star Man is far superior to having a bunch of dumb poo poo to say about Mouse Hunt.

Haha...Whatever, Man!

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

I'm mixed on Dog Star Man. I love the visual assault style of the images, Brakhage's editing style always grabs me at first. But as the movie goes on I find that I don't know how to connect with it, or even if I should be connecting with it.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

TrixRabbi posted:

I'm mixed on Dog Star Man. I love the visual assault style of the images, Brakhage's editing style always grabs me at first. But as the movie goes on I find that I don't know how to connect with it, or even if I should be connecting with it.

That's my problem as well, especially since Dog Star Man is so much longer than most of his other stuff when put together. The frenetic, experimental style of his works is best suited to shorts, but I made myself sit through all 70-80 minutes of it, and that has a cumulative effect of making it all blur together in a cacophony of disconnected, grainy images.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

n:iceburn:

• Locked thread