Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Neruz posted:

This. Run a lizard team!

This is a smart option for a discerning Blood Bowler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
Option 1. Put them down humanely. But do more Blood Bowl! This has been the most interesting Blood Bowl LP I've seen, with good commentary and fun matches, and I would love to see more in this vein although with a different team.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Option 1

I second you coming back with a different team. Lizards sound cool!

Probably don't need spoilers after this. It's already on a different page.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Option 2 is my pick, as I certainly wouldn't mind seeing the second coming of the Fairly Elected after the retirement of Santos and Macgruff from the team. Give some of the less well known players of the team some time to shine, like mah boys Beefslab and Flesh Gordon.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Green Intern posted:

Option 1

I second you coming back with a different team. Lizards sound cool!

Probably don't need spoilers after this. It's already on a different page.

Not empty quoting, no sir.

Please do a second season with an all-new, all-different team.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Option 1, sorry Gnu for starting the death of the team. I would love to see a season 2 as a different team, though- you're very entertaining.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
[b]1.[./b] Put down this rabid dog. If you want to do another on in a few months you should totally do a Dark Elf or Lizard team.

vv They aren't in Cyanide-Bowl :argh:

Slaan fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Dec 15, 2014

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Slaan posted:

[b]1.[./b] Put down this rabid dog. If you want to do another on in a few months you should totally do a Dark Elf or Lizard team.

Poor username/post combo :colbert:

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
This thread's turning into a CIA document. :(

Option 1.1: End Fairly Elected's suffering, but transition to a new team.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
I think once we're on a new page we can stop with the black bars.

1. Santos and MacGruff are the two players I named, so without them there is no reason to keep going.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
I thought apostateCourier was going to be LPing from now on? :colbert:

Chalk up another vote for 1.1, a restart with a new team after a pause. (I suppose you could play a Necromantic or Undead managed by Santos and made up out of the pieces of players from this one, but I'd be more interested in seeing one of the other races.)

spooky attic
Jun 17, 2009

Ineffective at haunting cartridges.
I like option 1 but to come back with a lizard team. Fairly Elected had a good run.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Narsham posted:

I thought apostateCourier was going to be LPing from now on? :colbert:

Oh hell no, my team has complete one-note gimmick names and wouldn't work for an LP.

Shazzner
Feb 9, 2004

HAPPY GAMES ONLY

Start over with a lizard team, they're more fun to watch than haunted house rejects

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I was also thinking come back with a new team, so I'm gonna throw my vote in for the lizard season 2.

brb on fire
May 12, 2013
Thro-ras casually GFIing twice then picking up the ball and passing to each other over the fallen body of Wight Privelege as if it was nothing as a Tomb Guardian takes a fatal thrown rock and only barely escapes with his life is perhaps one of the most Blood Bowl things I've seen.

Been lurking in here for a while, would totally be up to see some more lizards once you're good and ready. Option 1.

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
Rule number one, don't get me killed.
Agreeing on Option 1, returning when you feel like it with a new race like Lizards or stabhappy Dark Elves.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
I really enjoyed this LP and am glad I was able to participate in it, thanks for the good times. Option 1 sounds like the best option for you so it is the option I will vote for.

Grats Wight Privilege on the MVP.

CongoJack fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Dec 16, 2014

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
I say Option 1, let's see if we can get some sweet rear end Lizards next time around.

:rip: Fairly Elected, you were fun, and Santos will be in our hearts always.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj42aefC1ms

Sushipants
Sep 8, 2010
Voting OPTION 1 because a new lizard team LP means I can make a fresh Nurgle team to grind it to a slow, suffocating halt.

Thanks for putting in the time to do this LP, I loved watching every match and god bless you for putting up with the thread's whims for as long as you did.

Sushipants fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Dec 16, 2014

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Also voting for Option 1. Been a fun thread and if you do start another one in a couple of months, hopefully Lizards will finally have their chance to shine.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Option 1

Running a LP like this can really become a grind, and if you haven't done it yet its a great way to completely burn yourself out on playing blood bowl.

I'm sure if somebody wants to start up a Lizard LP GNU and I would be happy to share pointers.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I wanna say Option 2. Why? Because I am learning so much about Blood Bowl from these videos. I may not be the most avid player but I love learning about the little tricks, the skill combos and that sort of thing. However I understand Fairly Elected is starting to come to that point where we are either going to be moving veeery slowly into new strategies as our older players leave and we get new players/skill sets or we will be rehashing the past.

This is why I would like to follow the peoples before me suggestions and say that you take the break as per Option 2 over the Christmas/New Years/Holiday break and come back with a NEW team of a different race and teach us all about them too.

Seriously this is my favorite LP on SA, please don't let it die without a fight.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

Gridlocked posted:

I wanna say Option 2. Why? Because I am learning so much about Blood Bowl from these videos. I may not be the most avid player but I love learning about the little tricks, the skill combos and that sort of thing. However I understand Fairly Elected is starting to come to that point where we are either going to be moving veeery slowly into new strategies as our older players leave and we get new players/skill sets or we will be rehashing the past.

This is why I would like to follow the peoples before me suggestions and say that you take the break as per Option 2 over the Christmas/New Years/Holiday break and come back with a NEW team of a different race and teach us all about them too.

Seriously this is my favorite LP on SA, please don't let it die without a fight.

The best thing you can do at this point, after following a Blood Bowl LP, is playing Blood Bowl. The Christmas Sale on Steam is going to start in a matter of days, so you can get Chaos Edition cheap.

Or maybe check out cKnoor on youtube, he's a duder on these forums who streams Blood Bowl every week and his youtube channel has hundreds of Blood Bowl videos in playlists for specific teams.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Turn 1: Senario why didn't you surf The Assistant Coach. Blitz with the skeleton, block with the first skelly, surf with the 2nd.

Why. :(

Yup. That's a Khemri v Necro game alright. Regen doin a thing all game long.

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Dec 16, 2014

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
Gnu, I suggest option 3 -- Feed the fairly elected to Icthyosis Vulgaris.

Then do a new LP with a lizard team because lizards are the best.

Bahumat
Oct 11, 2012
People play to watch you surf. Therefore you should restart as Khorne Daemons for maximum surfing potential.

But yeah, I honestly think you've hit the point of no return for Fairly Elected and either will need to pick it up again with a new team or finish off the LP.

Cutscene Powers
Jun 7, 2010
nthing the 'come back with a new team' crowd.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Honestly there's a certain point in the game where starting over with a new team is more interesting than continuing anyway; especially for the purpose of a LP like this one where it's a lot about showing off how to play the game, and the vast majority of players are probably going to be playing low to mid TV games.

That said it might be interesting to restart as a team that plays significantly different to Necromantic just for the contrast. Chaos maybe? Same versatility, but in a much different way (no positionals but every player has great growth potential and solid base stats). For bonus points you could actually try to show off how to NOT just make the whole team claws/mighty blow/piling on and actually get some use out of their flexibility. Or just play Ogres as a joke since I don't think we saw them at all in this LP (I think we also missed Nurgle and Underworld? I'm probably forgetting a few other teams). That would probably only really be interesting for like two matches though, since Ogres don't exactly have a "varied" play style.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
My team is a Courage the Cowardly Dog episode. I also stand by my decision.

Option 2.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Option 1. Then go back with lizards when you feel like it. Maybe I'll even learn to play the little (huge) buggers.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Ya know, throughout all four Blood Bowl LPs, the one style of team never tried (besides the joke teams) is an elfy passing team. We came close with Agent355's Skaven and their infamous Rat Bullshit Plays, but we've never done actual passing plays.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

I'd love to see a passing team. Lizards are fun to play but I'm not sure that they're that fun to watch. Especially before you've got some skills going.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Man I was really looking forward to playing GNU. I picked up BB again because of this LP and I have some elves with incredibly incredibly stupid names that I was just dying to put up against Fairly Elected.

In any case, I vote for Option 1. But please please come back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Ok, the people have spoken, the Fairly Elected have played their final match.

As for future Democracy BB endeavors, I'll just say that I'm not planning on running a new LP right now but perhaps in a couple months a new thread will pop up.

So, with the final post of this thread, I'll leave you with some resources for your own Bloodbowling endeavors.

#tgbloodbowl on SynIRC - If you're not aware, we have an IRC channel which is pretty much the only place to get a goon Cyanide pickup match, and is otherwise a casual room full of Bloodbowlers who are a good resource for your questions about different races, which skills to take, or other strategy. If you're not on here and you want to play some Goon Blood Bowl, you should be. If you're not familiar or comfortable with standalone IRC clients, you can use the webchat client (http://cgiirc.synirc.net/). Pick your nickname and enter "#tgbloodbowl" as the channel.
The Blood Bowl Rulebook - Here's a copy of the LRB6 (current edition of the game, also called the CRP). You're not really expected to read the rulebook cover to cover, especially if you're been following the LP, but it's a good thing to actually reference if you want to know the literal rules as it has been well documented that not everything I have said about Blood Bowl rules is true.
Fumbbl.com - A free, 2D, Java-based Blood Bowl game. Not nearly as purdy as Cyanide Blood Bowl, but a lot of veteran online BB players consider it a better way to play, as it plays a lot quicker, is generally less cumbersome to control, contains none of the weird bugs and oddities that plague Cyanide, and has a much more active community on their site. There are a couple features they've implemented for their game client that Cyanide doesn't have, and they even have two races that Cyanide doesn't. It also has a help tab (https://fumbbl.com/help) chock full of information.
Fumbbl LRB6 Race Strategy - The only page on Fumbbl that I have bookmarked, it lists out every race (with the two Fumbbl-only races and without Khorne). You can look at units stats for each race, read a short strategy writeup (which I haven't really ever looked at but it's there if you need it) and a list of generally good starting skills for units.
Blood Bowl Dice Calculator - If you REALLY want to know what the odds of sucess on an action are, you can use this calculator, which is pretty great. I pretty much only use it when I do some rediculous series of moves and want to know how low the odds of success actually were.
Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition in Games - The catchall thread if you want to talk some shop about Blood Bowl.

• Locked thread