Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Grump posted:

Is there really any difference between playing with goons and pubbies? Is there any sort of text chat or communication?

Pubbies abandon the game the moment they miss a birdie/eagle putt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zip
Mar 19, 2006

I play the game constantly but....
drat man... I don't know how people get -24 on the world tournaments.

I can barely get -11.

These people are impressive.

But then again my gear is a mix of control and distance so I usually only average about 250 with fade. But if I do straight distance I drat sure miss the sweet spot too often.

Feh.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Had one of my better World Tournaments: Got -14 on World Tournament 6 which isn't too bad.

Zip
Mar 19, 2006

At least I'm not alone man. I keep feeling like I'm doing something wrong against these people.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm no Mario Golf god but I think its mostly about exploiting power shots. As long as you keep getting nice shots you'll never run out, and can get on the green more quickly and score those sweet par 4 eagles and par 5 albatrosses.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Wait, do you get extra power shots whenever you pull off a nice shot? Did not know that.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
When you A. press A exactly where you put your power bar and B. Press A again right in the middle of your impact bar, you do not consume a power charge. This means that you always want to put your power bar exactly where you want the ball to go, so you can get power charges.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
I'm too paranoid of being stuck on a par 5 at the end with no power shots left, so I only use them on par 5s. :shobon:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

They're worth using on par 4 drives if you can reach approach range where you'll have a reasonable chance of a chip in.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
Where do you buy Mulligans?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
MagiKoopa, in the far left of the bonus courses area. Just walk onto the magical shiny thing and he'll show up.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
This game is good :)

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Just want to remind everyone that the Goon Golfer's Association League is still totally going on in PGS and if anyone other than the 8ish of us that keep placing in the tourneys is still playing this game, come join us!

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

After much golfing and coin grinding, I am finally approaching the high-end clubs as I just unlocked a 17y Fade club. I shall have that Bowser Club soon.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The new major is running until October 2nd, by the way, if anyone qualified. Gotta fill up that trophy case.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

homeless snail posted:

The new major is running until October 2nd, by the way, if anyone qualified. Gotta fill up that trophy case.

Those greens are infuriating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Yes. I qualified for it a couple of months back.

And I agree with the above poster: Those greens are infuriating.

• Locked thread