Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axim
Dec 21, 2004

sheeeeeeeeit
I bought a Samsung stove about 10 months ago. I don't cook often and use the burners far often than the oven. This was probably the 4th or 5th time I ever used the oven.

I set the oven to preheat to 400 F to cook some frozen pizza. At around 350 degrees I opened the door and took out the baking sheet because I forgot I needed it. Closed the door. At around 390 degrees while standing about 2 feet from the oven I heard a large BOOM and then several smaller pops. I ran to the oven, turned it off, and found this:

Called Samsung this morning, got a lady who barely spoke English... had to repeat several times that my oven glass door exploded. She kept thinking my whole oven exploded. She freaked out once and put me on hold for 5 minutes, then came back and asked me what I was doing when the oven glass exploded. I told her I was preheating the oven to 400 F and nothing was inside. Finally they asked for my serial number which I didn't have at the time since I was in my car. She said they would call me back in 24 - 48 hours and to have the number then.

I'm happy that I have one month of warranty left, so at least they will hopefully fix this, and only the inner glass exploded and not the external glass or I would have had a huge mess on my hands.

Absolutely freak occurence for me, I assume there was a micro-fracture in the glass and the expansion from heating and cooling did it in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Is it ok?

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
Freaky, same exact thing happened to my parent's Samsung oven with about the same timeline as you. This was maybe two months ago, brand new Samsung range, wonder if it's the same model! It took about 2-3 weeks for Samsung to get a repair guy out to their place to get it all sorted, which I thought was way too long. Hopefully you'll get it fixed ASAP!

Axim
Dec 21, 2004

sheeeeeeeeit

Iron Lung posted:

Freaky, same exact thing happened to my parent's Samsung oven with about the same timeline as you. This was maybe two months ago, brand new Samsung range, wonder if it's the same model! It took about 2-3 weeks for Samsung to get a repair guy out to their place to get it all sorted, which I thought was way too long. Hopefully you'll get it fixed ASAP!

Did they replace the door or the whole unit? Did they clean the old glass out?

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
They just replaced the door, and yeah they cleaned as much as they could and the repair guy did the rest. It was super bizarre.

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.

Iron Lung posted:

They just replaced the door, and yeah they cleaned as much as they could and the repair guy did the rest. It was super bizarre.

They did that when my range's oven door exploded too. I don't know if it's a Samsung but it definitely just kinda went blam one night when I was heating it. That was almost 2 years ago, but after they replaced it I haven't had any more problems.

Hope it all works out, OP.

Axim
Dec 21, 2004

sheeeeeeeeit

gamingCaffeinator posted:

They did that when my range's oven door exploded too. I don't know if it's a Samsung but it definitely just kinda went blam one night when I was heating it. That was almost 2 years ago, but after they replaced it I haven't had any more problems.

Hope it all works out, OP.

Iron Lung posted:

Thanks guys, I hope so too, I'm waiting for Samsung to call me back to schedule a visit. Hopefully this will all end well.

Agreeable Employer
Apr 28, 2008
Any update to this?

Did Samsung offer you cash to not spill the beans on their lovely combustible ovens?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Seems like a manufacturing defect that should be covered even if outside of warranty imo.

• Locked thread