Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The WWE currently, as of Extreme Rules 2014, has these two things:

- An abundance of low-to-mid card wrestlers who do gently caress all every week.
- A complete lack of tag teams with any credibility to challenge for the tag titles.

With Cody Rhodes and Goldust's inevitable breakup imminent, we're left with Los Matadores, 3MB, Rybaxel, and (sort of) The Shield as potential opponents for the Usos. We've got all these other assholes sitting around, so let's just fuckin' pair them up and try to rebuild this division (again). Here's a couple pairing thoughts I've had recently:

Dolph Ziggler and Big E
Alignment: Face
Why: Ziggler and Big E have history. Big E was brought up to the main roster as Ziggler's heavy and remained there until splitting with him while Ziggler turned face, to defend AJ Lee instead. Since E's had a face turn of his own, the two have been back on friendly terms and seem to show no ill-will towards one another currently. They've fought for the titles before at Wrestlemania 29 and have personalities that seems to bounce off each other well. Big E's just lost his Intercontinental Title and Ziggler remains fairly over as a face despite the WWE's best efforts. Pairing the two now for a tag title run would keep them both relatively strong and approximately where they should be at this point in time. Both have credibility and are past champions.

Big Show and Mark Henry a.k.a. The World's Strongest Show
Why: They're two huge fuckin' dudes who will murder you. Instantly credible. Were going to team up to take on the Shield last year before injuries derailed the idea. Would be a fun spectacle.

Cody Rhodes and Wade Barrett
Alignment: Heel
Why: This one is admittedly a stretch, given Cody hasn't actually turned yet and Wade's just won the IC title. But the two are about to team up on Youtube's JBL and Cole show to take on some bizarre conspiracy theory propagated by Michael Cole or something and they have some pretty good comedy chops there. Both have held midcard championships.

Some lists for your convenience:

http://www.wwe.com/superstars
http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt

Feel free to make up actually credible teams or comedy jobber teams or even stables if you want. There's a lot of people in this company that could be used for basically anything right now so why not dream a bit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

This thread and the Fantasy booking thread and Batista
Reason: They are all gassed quickly

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

cool another fantasy booking thread

hope it meets the fate of the last one

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
JTG and Darren Young
Alignment: Face Jobbers
Why: They were both a part of fun black tag teams and both of their bigger partners turned heel on them and then didn't go anywhere. It's perfect.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

My Boot and Your rear end

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

NienNunb posted:

I would not enjoy this tag team, personally.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

NienNunb posted:

Alignment: Sideways

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
John Cena and The Undertaker
Team Name: Hustle Loyalty Death
Why: Actually they did pretty well in my video games believe it or not

Jinder Mahal and Drew McIntyre
Alignment: Heel I guess
Why: Heath Slater needs to be solo

Jey Uso and John Uso
Alignment: Face tag champs
Why: They have the same last name

CM Punk and Tyson Kidd
Why: Gets Punk back on TV

Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins
Alignment: Heel
Why: Actually these two were a tag team in the past. Former tag champs actually. Neither guy has had an angle in ages, and both would benefit from getting back together.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Adam Rose and Fandango hit it off during their ten minute session. They exchange numbers and go on a pleasant dinner and a movie date and kiss at the end of the night. It is all very sweet.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Antonio Cesaro has a terse, bitter conversation with Jack Swagger, but near the end they both admit they're not as good without each other and reunite tearfully.

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
Al Snow and Kurrgan.

Team name: Pacific RimJob.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Kane and Tyler Breeze. One is a demonic fire wizard. The other is Owen Wilson from Zoolander. They fight crime.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

:3: ... :(

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Ziggler and Ryder are Rigger.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?
Swagger and Titus as the new Varsity Club.

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

Emma and Eva Marie

Team "They both pose the exact same way on the roster page"

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

BoredDG posted:

Team "They both pose the exact same way on the roster page"

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.
El Local and El Torito have been talking things over, in Spanish of course, which infuriates Zeb Colter sitting the table down trying to sign his next Zeb Colter guy, and decide that the WWE needs to retread the Mexicools. As they end the conversation, Layla El offers her managerial services to the new team.

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Vickie Guerrero and my balls.

Team name: Excuse Deez

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Paul Wright and Steph McMahon return as The B Show

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

In all seriousness, I think they should try reuniting Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins if they're going to bother keeping them on the roster. It's not like they're doing anything else worthwhile and they could play up the fact that they're former champs to try to give them some respect given the fact that one's currently a jobber and one's just invisible.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

DeathChicken posted:

Kane and Tyler Breeze. One is a demonic fire wizard. The other is Owen Wilson from Zoolander. They fight crime.

Listen buddy I'll grant you that he looks a little more like Hansel in that he is blond, but in terms of his character Mr. Breeze is clearly more similar to Mr. Zoolander. If you'll recall, Hansel's persona revolved around being a laid-back extreme sports neo-hippie who tried very hard to look like be didn't care about his image. Mr. Zoolander was the more pouty, obviously self-absorbed one.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Summer are and Tyler Breeeze. They will be the first team with a Seals & Croft song for entrance music.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Golden Bee posted:

Ziggler and Ryder are Rigger.

Neville and Ziggler are... wait I didn't think this through...

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Eva Marie and Aksana as...The lovely Divas.

One can't wrestle or sell worth gently caress all, the other is a hazard to her fellow performers...guaranteed awkwardness and life-threatening injuries in every match!

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

I always thought Bad News Barret and Damien Sandow could make a good team. They both come out and mess with the crowd on the microphone already, and I want see them laughing at the crowd together.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Pair up the Great Khali and Jinder Mahal, bleach their hair, and call them...The Bollywood Blondes.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
The Shield.

The Wyatts.

Evolution.

Freebird rules. Boom you have an awesome tag division.

Have a big star take the titles, keep them for a long period of time, put on great matches and then your title gains prestige, it matters again.

Should never have gotten rid of the Rhodes Brothers. They were really good.

God Of Paradise fucked around with this message at 04:42 on May 8, 2014

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"
Sin Cara and Yoshi Tatsu team up in a worked shoot to take down Sheamus. They're faces, of course, because Sheamus is apparently a big stupid idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

sunsweet posted:

Sin Cara and Yoshi Tatsu team up to lose to Rusev in a handicap match.

Fixed.

• Locked thread