Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Grozz Nuy posted:

I like Joyner but not in the first, like Verrett he's probably limited to the slot in the NFL but I don't like his game as much. Cooks I have some reservations about but I wouldn't mind them taking him, I just expect him to go between the 10-20 range and 30, so if they did a smaller trade up and snagged him that would be fine.

Still super bummed Ifo didn't declare.

Imagine getting Cooks this year and Ifo next year. That locker room would be amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butthead
May 31, 2011
Top 10 Picks:
1. Packers - Clowney

World ends before any more picks are made.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Butthead posted:

Top 10 Picks:
1. Packers - Clowney

World ends before any more picks are made.

Don't tease me you evil, evil man :circlefap:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Oh goddammit it's loving draft day. :suicide: Aaaand I'm drinking

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

ya'll listen to this song and get pumped for the draft

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W12J7BYlj-E

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

In all honesty many people thought Stephen Hill would be a god, except for me, *smug*

Are we really allowing ourselves to write off Stephen Hill after 2 seasons with the Jets?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Are we really allowing ourselves to write off Stephen Hill after 2 seasons with the Jets?
He's on the roster bubble now and I'm sure we'd trade him for a 5-6th rounder if there was any interest.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Ehud posted:

ya'll listen to this song and get pumped for the draft

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W12J7BYlj-E

That is the perfect way to start today. I love you guys.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

That is the perfect way to start today. I love you guys.

love you too

@ClaytonESPN: Odell Beckham and Zach Martin are hot names on Thursday at the draft. Both players could go in the top 12.

have another song, fellas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyfP4JFpAiY

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@Jeff_Allen_Show: @ClaytonESPN do you think the Dolphins will trade their pick?

@ClaytonESPN: If Zach Martin is gone, they will be on the phones.

a good plan imo

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Ehud posted:

@Jeff_Allen_Show: @ClaytonESPN do you think the Dolphins will trade their pick?

@ClaytonESPN: If Zach Martin is gone, they will be on the phones.

a good plan imo

Martin goes off the board early, Niners deal up to 13 for OBJ and deal with CB later. Make it happen, Trent.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
OBJ will be there at 17, just be patient and deal with your old buddies in Baltimore. We were so good to you with Boldin. We'll treat you real nice. All I want is that KC2nd and a fourth.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
i hope the texans get Manziel or Derek Carr (Brother of Super Bowl Winning Quarterback David Carr)

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Blah, just a few hours before the draft and we've got tornado sirens going off here in Dallas. Lame.

e: Tornado warning has been cancelled, many Texans unfortunately remain alive.

Sour Diesel fucked around with this message at 22:05 on May 8, 2014

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Are you ready for Hurricane Johnny Cowboys fans?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

OBJ will be there at 17, just be patient and deal with your old buddies in Baltimore. We were so good to you with Boldin. We'll treat you real nice. All I want is that KC2nd and a fourth.

You want to trade your 17 for a 2nd and a 4th?

Done.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
Starting to come around to the idea of Zach Martin at 17. There's some other guys I like more but he'd add a lot of flexibility to our line.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

SlipUp posted:

Starting to come around to the idea of Zach Martin at 17. There's some other guys I like more but he'd add a lot of flexibility to our line.

If Pryor or Clinton-Dix are available, I'd be more comfortable with one of those picks. If Osemele comes back healthy, then we'll have 4 out of 5 of the starting linemen not being trash. Martin would add a lot of flexibility but a free safety would be nice as well.

However, I won't be bummmed if the Ravens can't get one of the safeties. The team has a decent front 7 and two good starting corners to mask the problems on the backend.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Some dumb team will reach and take Tom Savage today.

I don't really believe this but when it happens I want it to be like the guy that called the weird ending of that game hours before the game started.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Sour Diesel posted:

If Pryor or Clinton-Dix are available, I'd be more comfortable with one of those picks. If Osemele comes back healthy, then we'll have 4 out of 5 of the starting linemen not being trash. Martin would add a lot of flexibility but a free safety would be nice as well.

However, I won't be bummmed if the Ravens can't get one of the safeties. The team has a decent front 7 and two good starting corners to mask the problems on the backend.

I would like Clinton-Dix even more but I'm starting to get the feeling he won't last to 17 and I don't think Pryor would be a good fit.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Coldforge posted:

You want to trade your 17 for a 2nd and a 4th?

Done.

I really do. This draft is absolutely great in the second round and with your pick at 30 we'd still get a the option of a 5th year option on whatever *cough Jimmie Ward *cough we take there.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I really do. This draft is absolutely great in the second round and with your pick at 30 we'd still get a the option of a 5th year option on whatever *cough Jimmie Ward *cough we take there.

So you don't want to trade your 17 for a 2nd and a 4th, you want to trade it for a 30, a 2nd and a 4th.

Last year the Niners moved from 31 to 18 for the additional cost of a 3rd, so probably not happening.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Yes, sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Blitz7x posted:

Johnny Football doesn't get drafted until the 2nd round, or someone trades into the last first to grab him ala Tim Tebow

it is known

It. is. known.

easiest prediction ever

• Locked thread