Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

In real Survivor, the guy who comes to mind is Gabe, he said he was there for the adventure or something, he told his tribe he was with them but he didn't want to talk strategy, and they got nervous and booted him ahead of some people from the other tribe. Actually that was kind of unnecessary of them but yeah, didn't work for the no strategy guy.

Tremendous Taste posted:

Then again I was way too wound up in that game. I was so far in my own head I couldn't justify why I deserved to win. I may have gripes with the way awful survivor juries tend to vote but I couldn't do myself any favors.
Great score on that Endurance flash game though. :shobon: Scary to see y'all still analyzing that season, looks like it's a year old now, means I've got plenty of that to look forward to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Pander. :allears:

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Pander posted:

Apparently no-alliance full-honesty has been done in real life Survivor, but I don't think it's been explored much in AS much.

In real life you have something else to offer; if am FULL HONEST NO ALLIANCE and can start a fire without tools or know what roots are good to eat or whatever I can offer something. Here it is just your ability to shoot the poo poo with others. Real survivor also affords fewer chances to chat people up. If Majuju and Fast Luck are taking behind a bush, there is a chance I could see them or at least know they are up to dickens. Here there is zero chance of detection for a PM or skype or whatever. The end result is a game where alliances become way, way more important (and far easier to maintain) than a game in LIFE.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I really do think Xylo almost pulled it off. He got to Final 5 and he was close to making it further if Rarity had convinced me to keep him. If he had made it to the finals against either me or Rarity he probably would have won.

And Xylo was doing a FULL HONEST NO ALLIANCE game as far as I could tell. He made it very clear he had no interest in playing an alliance based game at all but rather just wanted to chat and would actively make fun of any alliance he was invited to. But having that upfront attitude saved him a lot, at least when I was HOH, since I never had to worry about him making a deal with another alliance against me. I think that in a game full of rampant paranoia it's nice to know that this person is exactly who they say they are.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also Winson join my game.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

I really do think Xylo almost pulled it off. He got to Final 5 and he was close to making it further if Rarity had convinced me to keep him. If he had made it to the finals against either me or Rarity he probably would have won.

And Xylo was doing a FULL HONEST NO ALLIANCE game as far as I could tell. He made it very clear he had no interest in playing an alliance based game at all but rather just wanted to chat and would actively make fun of any alliance he was invited to. But having that upfront attitude saved him a lot, at least when I was HOH, since I never had to worry about him making a deal with another alliance against me. I think that in a game full of rampant paranoia it's nice to know that this person is exactly who they say they are.

Yeah, Xylo really survived so long because there was always somebody more important to get vote out over him. Though it didn't hurt that I wanted the threat of a Hurt-Capps-Xylo trio to ensure Asii's loyalty.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

Yeah, Xylo really survived so long because there was always somebody more important to get vote out over him. Though it didn't hurt that I wanted the threat of a Hurt-Capps-Xylo trio to ensure Asii's loyalty.

I was always loyal!

But I do agree that since a lot of our game plan, both me and Rarity alone as well as with the House of Cards alliance was to cut our alliance members off from their allies in other "fake" alliances so that they couldn't flip on us and had to stay loyal to keep the numbers. So Xylo, being completely unattached to anyone else, was never a threat for that and so never a target.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

I was always loyal!

I didn't know that in week 2!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Asiina posted:

Also Winson join my game.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Asiina posted:

What about me? I was as straightforward and true as it gets!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Winson_Paine posted:

What about me? I was as straightforward and true as it gets!

Like when you said "poo poo" in DurfDoc after the Andy blindside? :v:

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
One of the funniest moments from ABB for me was Capps inviting me, Meinburg, and jng to a secret "no backroom deals and no alliances" doc for people who just want to play the game honestly without alliances. Capps then set out all of his "resources" (which is code for friendships I guess!) and asked what all of us could bring to the table in terms of breaking up alliances, BUT NO THIS IS NOT AN ALLIANCE, and by the way I heard that the big alliance has a secret spy, that's not one of you guys right? No? Okay good!

After I got done laughing at how silly the whole thing was, I started running a Vampire the Masquerade game in the doc instead. Meinberg and jng joined in but Capps didn't want to play, he just wanted to run honesty regression scenarios.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Winson playing dumb in that moment was hilarious.

The whole Durf doc rampant with paranoia and nobody even coming close to blaming Winson was great. I imagine there was a lot of that going on in private too.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

XyloJW posted:

One of the funniest moments from ABB for me was Capps inviting me, Meinburg, and jng to a secret "no backroom deals and no alliances" doc for people who just want to play the game honestly without alliances. Capps then set out all of his "resources" (which is code for friendships I guess!) and asked what all of us could bring to the table in terms of breaking up alliances, BUT NO THIS IS NOT AN ALLIANCE, and by the way I heard that the big alliance has a secret spy, that's not one of you guys right? No? Okay good!

After I got done laughing at how silly the whole thing was, I started running a Vampire the Masquerade game in the doc instead. Meinberg and jng joined in but Capps didn't want to play, he just wanted to run honesty regression scenarios.

God, that was so funny and so aggravating, since capps told us he did that after it was already done. We were supposed to be keeping you all at odds with each other and capps goes ahead and bridges the gap because he was ~bored~. Honestly, that might have been the straw that broke the camel's back for me with capps. He couldn't be trusted to make moves that were in our best interest. If Cagayan had happened before ABB I would have been calling him #chaoscapps.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I have a question about this game, and specifically for Winson. What made you go back to the Durfs? I know Byers gets a lot of credit for it, but what specifically made you decide to go back to them?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

XyloJW posted:

That's amazing.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Propaganda Machine posted:

Like when you said "poo poo" in DurfDoc after the Andy blindside? :v:

That was not, as such, either a denial of guilt OR a lie. It was merely an exclamation. poo poo

Asiina posted:

I have a question about this game, and specifically for Winson. What made you go back to the Durfs? I know Byers gets a lot of credit for it, but what specifically made you decide to go back to them?

Oh. This is gonna sound bad, but Hurf was no fun and was all cranky. I didn't feel welcome. That is honest to god it. Tummyfeel. No poo poo. Durf as a crew were nicer and more fun to be around after I had openly betrayed them than Hurf ever was as like, a thing. From a game standpoint comparing notes with other people on Windshipper apparently making the same deal with everyone ever behind the scenes made me suspect that I was being taken for a ride on that account, and that helped switch me back since I could see the bus coming for me on that account but it was mostly an internal decision based on gut feelings and intuition. I can't REALLY quantify it more than that, alas. I wanted to say something to that effect at the time but I thought "eh it is not you, it is me" was probably not the best damage control in the wake of the shipper/fl/skinty explosion following the reveal. When I said I wasn't good at this game repeatedly, I was not actually kidding. Except I got to #4 I guess so maybe I am? Who knows.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Seriously the non Durf googledoc was about as quiet and as removed from my experiences in any other doc in the game so I totally get why Winson would have felt like that. It didn't feel as much like home as the De doc ever had been, and it was about as service like as you could possibly get.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

XyloJW posted:

I really loved watching that doc. It was cool + fun watching you three mess with capps.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Asiina posted:

God, that was so funny and so aggravating, since capps told us he did that after it was already done. We were supposed to be keeping you all at odds with each other and capps goes ahead and bridges the gap because he was ~bored~. Honestly, that might have been the straw that broke the camel's back for me with capps. He couldn't be trusted to make moves that were in our best interest. If Cagayan had happened before ABB I would have been calling him #chaoscapps.

I PMed with Ice and we deduced it was Winson before he came clean.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Phone post, wrong quote. Oh well!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also Winson since you're here and responding, check your drat PMs.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Which was pretty funny to me because that was right after the biggest misread I made all game.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Skinty McEdger posted:

Seriously the non Durf googledoc was about as quiet and as removed from my experiences in any other doc in the game so I totally get why Winson would have felt like that. It didn't feel as much like home as the De doc ever had been, and it was about as service like as you could possibly get.
Imagine the pre-shuffle hurf doc!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

IcePhoenix posted:

Which was pretty funny to me because that was right after the biggest misread I made all game.

That it was me and/or Byers? I kind of see where it came from, but the case I made is right there in the Vista, and it's true. If we'd been flipping, we'd have done it the vote prior, and we thought long and hard about it.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

XyloJW posted:

i just don't like vampire the masquerade
if it was like shadowrun or dungeon world i would have been all up into it

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

we already have agreed i am tony tho

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

mr.capps posted:

I'd say you're more of a Marty

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
If Byers had managed to boot me at 7, I think he was a great Tony.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Well since Winson and Dhaes aren't responding to PMs I have two more spots open for my mafia game for anyone who was in the vista this season. First come, first serve.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3647889

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Pinterest Mom posted:

I really loved watching that doc. It was cool + fun watching you three mess with capps.

That doc was a joke to me too, asiina is correct that I just mostly made that because I was bored. It was an "anti-alliance alliance" there was no way I could actually take that 100% seriously.

Xylo you were probably the funniest person to play one of these games. It was just hilarious to have you not deal with any bullshit and just make constant jokes.

Rarity posted:

I'd say you're more of a Marty

Ehh. That might work.
Really I have the mania of Tony but the soul of Sangmin :angel:

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Yeah you guys had me dead to rights, past a certain point there was no real point in lying anymore.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

mr.capps posted:

Really I have the mania of Tony but the soul of Sangmin :angel:

We've been over this. You're the Sunggyu, I'm the Sangmin.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

mr.capps posted:

You were more like Devon from this season of BB, minus the ability to perform in challenges

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Rarity posted:

We've been over this. You're the Sunggyu, I'm the Sangmin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwvS5_mNGFk
e: I am actually HaHa in this video

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I hate to be a shill, but anyone who hasn't joined yet, there is now a Facebook Group for Awful BB/Survivor/TAR games, since that seems to be turning into a weird subcommunity of TG.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Winson_Paine posted:

From a game standpoint comparing notes with other people on Windshipper apparently making the same deal with everyone ever behind the scenes made me suspect that I was being taken for a ride on that account, and that helped switch me back since I could see the bus coming for me on that account but it was mostly an internal decision based on gut feelings and intuition.

Make what deal?

:confused:

I told Disco that I made a final 2 deal with YPM, but wanted to make a final 3/4 deal with him and YPM (however voting would go down at that point).

From there, YPM got voted out. Skinty and I didn't trust disco at that point either, as it really seemed that disco had thrown YPM under the bus.

As a result, I made a final 2 with Skinty.

I then offered to make a final 3 with you.

If that's not the kind of deal that you're referring to, then I have no idea what you are referring to. I never made any kind of immunity idol nor offered any kind of immunity idol deal to anyone other than you. :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

John Cena posted:

I hate to be a shill, but anyone who hasn't joined yet, there is now a Facebook Group for Awful BB/Survivor/TAR games, since that seems to be turning into a weird subcommunity of TG.

Welcome to the goldmine, gentle friend thread!

• Locked thread