Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krotera
Jun 16, 2013

I AM INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET
I'm planning to attend the BayHac 2014 meetup in a couple days: the official infopage. It's a Haskell conference with a lot of really cool presentations: I'm particularly looking forward to Gonzales' pipes talk, Piponi's free monads talk, and Jelvis' type inference/logic programming talk, but I'm pretty excited about all of them.

It's in Mountain View at the Hacker Dojo. I don't know much about the locale but Jelvis told me that they're probaby going to cram us all into a huge room and have us stand around. Dates are the 16th through the 18th, pretty much all day every day. That's a weekend if you don't make a habit of checking your calendar -- Friday afternoon through Sunday afternoon.

I'm actually flying up from AZ tomorrow because I've got some friends in Berkeley I need to harass for unrelated business beforehand: because of that I'll be in Mountain View a couple days early.

Anyone else coming? I'll be the goony white guy with brown hair. You'll recognize me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scanlonman
Feb 7, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I'll probably be there Saturday/Sunday for the beginner talks! I just moved out here and it's a pretty short walk from my apartment. I'll also be a white goony guy with brown hair...

Krotera
Jun 16, 2013

Cool. I'll probably be around most of the day all three days.

We'll probably see each other although we might not know it.

shrughes
Oct 11, 2008

(call/cc call/cc)
I was going to go, but now that there will be goons there, I don't know...

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Oh hey people are actually going to this! I'm really hoping to catch Evan's talk.

I arrive in SF Saturday night, and would love to hit this up on Sunday. Any goons willing to carpool from SF?

Krotera
Jun 16, 2013

giogadi posted:

Oh hey people are actually going to this! I'm really hoping to catch Evan's talk.

I arrive in SF Saturday night, and would love to hit this up on Sunday. Any goons willing to carpool from SF?

I'd offer except I'm carpooling myself and I don't think it's polite to volunteer people.

Evan's the guy doing Elm, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Krotera posted:

I'd offer except I'm carpooling myself and I don't think it's polite to volunteer people.

Evan's the guy doing Elm, right?

Yeah, I've been doing some little dinky games in Elm and it's really cool to immediately see the results work in a browser.

Anybody else for carpooling? I'm living in Russian Hill, but I suppose I can figure out public transit to make things easier.

• Locked thread