Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
Let's keep this friendly. Imitate another poster's photography, whether it be processing style, subject matter, compositional nuances, whatever. Or post a photo you took that reminded you of another poster after the fact, as is the case with the two images below. For exxxtra fun, I'm going to spoiler tag the name of the person being mimicked and you can all play Guess Who.

______365 Nog Hogger______

A136563_016A
by LargeHadron, on Flickr

______alkanphel___________

A136563_020A

Try not to be malicious about it, I don't want anyone getting their feelings hurt.

LargeHadron fucked around with this message at 21:08 on May 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

You shouldn't call it 'mocking' if you don't want anyone to get their feelings hurt, also you should 'mock' Alkanphel more.

real nap shit fucked around with this message at 20:14 on May 15, 2014

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

LargeHadron posted:

Try not to be malicious about it, I don't want anyone getting their feelings hurt.

I guess i cant mock autism adams openly now :smith:

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

mayor depression posted:

You shouldn't call it 'mocking' if you don't want anyone to get their feelings hurt, also you should 'mock' Alkanphel more.

Hmm you're right. The word I was looking for is "mimic." Mods, can you change the thread title to "The Photomimicry Thread"? So that people don't get their feelings hurt.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Cool a circlejerk thread. Just what I was looking for.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
I vote we change it to The Colin Mochrie Thread so we can all have a goodnatured laugh and no one's feelings are hurt.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Cool a circlejerk thread. Just what I was looking for.

Same, but unironically.

For content I was inspired by someone to shoot this but I'm not sure who it was or what their current name is now. Probably 365 Nog Hogger.

_5170054.jpg by MrDespair, on Flickr

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Nachos on a cold tin roof?

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

feigning interest posted:

I vote we change it to The Colin Mochrie Thread so we can all have a goodnatured laugh and no one's feelings are hurt.

You called?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

VendaGoat posted:

Nachos on a cold tin roof?

It was pretty warm, and that's a steel roof, jerk!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Mr. Despair posted:

It was pretty warm, and that's a steel roof, jerk!

That's an easy Transition. :v:

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

Mr. Despair posted:

Same, but unironically.

For content I was inspired by someone to shoot this but I'm not sure who it was or what their current name is now. Probably 365 Nog Hogger.

_5170054.jpg by MrDespair, on Flickr

Lunch to go!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Putting you on notice, I might attempt a bland mimicry. I wouldn't mind if you lambasted me as well. ;-*

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.
drat thought we had a post terrible photos thread again :(

Insert PAD thread joke here.

rohan
Mar 19, 2008

Look, if you had one shot
or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted
in one moment
Would you capture it...
or just let it slip?

:siren:"THEIR":siren:

Not gonna lie, it's hard to shoot Velvia in Japan without standing in alkanphel's shadow.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

Baron Dirigible posted:

Not gonna lie, it's hard to shoot Velvia in Japan without standing in alkanphel's shadow.

Wow, first page and that's already two for alkanphel. I don't think he even knows this thread exists.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
I cant seem to find the goontographer that did the nude selfie in a patch of sun in an orchard. Cuz I really wanted to do that.

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

Musket posted:

I cant seem to find the goontographer that did the nude selfie in a patch of sun in an orchard. Cuz I really wanted to do that.

Wyangala, NSW, Naked Man by DylanOswin, on Flickr

yw

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

LargeHadron posted:

______365 Nog Hogger______

A136563_016A

:golfclap:

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Forum name "Revolucion"

EDIT: as I recall, the "letterbox" black bars above and below and some elements of the composition and subject matter (trees, not naked man) and the use of colour and saturation / brightness and contrast were intended to reflect the style of "Aliencowboy", since renamed "Try it with a lime". So that picture was already in the spirit of this thread.

I like this thread already. Gonna have to pay more attention to you guys!

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

ExecuDork posted:

EDIT: as I recall, the "letterbox" black bars above and below and some elements of the composition and subject matter (trees, not naked man) and the use of colour and saturation / brightness and contrast were intended to reflect the style of "Aliencowboy", since renamed "Try it with a lime". So that picture was already in the spirit of this thread.

Totally, though I don't think he does much of that anymore. Someone do that guy who split-tones pictures of girls in bikinis. I would but I don't know any girls.

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.
Found this thread way after I took this picture but I definitely had Whitezombi in mind when I took it.

Lansdcape 2 by Winston85, on Flickr

SimonomiS
Apr 3, 2009

LargeHadron posted:

Hmm you're right. The word I was looking for is "mimic." Mods, can you change the thread title to "The Photomimicry Thread"? So that people don't get their feelings hurt.

Seems like you might have been able to dodge the hurt feelings bullet by opening with "any photographer" then suggesting "including dorkroom posters" afterwards. :ssh:

Then again, goons doing Terry Richardson might not be so good.

krackmonkey
Mar 28, 2003

when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro...
not gonna lie, I deliberately had Mannequin in mind when I shot and processed this

Frank 4 by Trip Sixes, on Flickr

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

krackmonkey posted:

not gonna lie, I deliberately had Mannequin in mind when I shot and processed this

Frank 4 by Trip Sixes, on Flickr

Not enough bikes.

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.
Always loved Dreadhead's landscapes. Never was anywhere pretty enough to take anything inspired by them. Then I went on my honeymoon!

rocks by nick.kneer, on Flickr

apparently you're supposed to wipe the lens off if you get splashed by water.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Spedman posted:

Not enough bikes.

A thorough understanding of exposure, though.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

This one should be easy.

_____McMadCow______

scan0002-2

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

MrBlandAverage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David Pratt
Apr 21, 2001
William T. Hornaday - I even followed his tutorial