Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

NBC Sports Soccer ‏@NBCSportsSoccer 14m
Report: Arsene Wenger signs new three-year contract at Arsenal http://wp.me/p2g4vo-19hf

Guess that settles things!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Ravel posted:

Beat Spurs, Liverpool, and Everton, and City, Chelsea, and United were on the same side of the bracket.
There's no bracket in the FA Cup, every round is a random draw. Going back and making a bracket out of the random draws doesn't make any sense.

Steve Evets
Feb 6, 2006

Ravel posted:

Beat Spurs, Liverpool, and Everton, and City, Chelsea, and United were on the same side of the bracket.

You forgot Coventry, which was after Spurs, but it was a forgettable match so you can be forgiven for that. Definitely had the toughest path, a derby, (Coventry), Liverpool who were flying had destroyed us 7 days before, best Everton side in years and the holders who had just beaten the eventual league champions on their own patch the round before. It was made slightly easier by having all of the earlier rounds at home, and by the semi final it seemed the hardest part was done, but we still made hard work of it in the end because that's the Arsenal way.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Burqa King posted:

Gibbs hasn't improved much since his mistake gifted cRonaldo a goal in the cl for man u. But Like the other arsenal players he is good enough against the weaker teams

He's awful and makes mistakes constantly, he's just fast enough to recover from a lot of them.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Bogan Krkic posted:

He's awful and makes mistakes constantly, he's just fast enough to recover from a lot of them.

Just like Clichy

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

double sulk posted:

Report: Arsene Wenger signs new three-year contract at Arsenal http://wp.me/p2g4vo-19hf

I have mixed feelings about this.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story

Flayer posted:

There's no bracket in the FA Cup, every round is a random draw. Going back and making a bracket out of the random draws doesn't make any sense.

idgi what on earths the difference between a prospective and retroactive bracket? The CL is now random draw as well for every round, and people talk about the brackets.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Steve Evets posted:

You forgot Coventry, which was after Spurs, but it was a forgettable match so you can be forgiven for that. Definitely had the toughest path, a derby, (Coventry), Liverpool who were flying had destroyed us 7 days before, best Everton side in years and the holders who had just beaten the eventual league champions on their own patch the round before. It was made slightly easier by having all of the earlier rounds at home, and by the semi final it seemed the hardest part was done, but we still made hard work of it in the end because that's the Arsenal way.

That's okay, it took us penalties to beat a Championship side in the League Cup final a few years ago.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

double sulk posted:

$168 million. How many French u-17s does that buy?

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

dkj posted:

I fear you won't get a proper answer to this question since I'm pretty sure that Ribery doesn't post on here.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

tbp posted:

you were rather wrong regarding your prediction with Rodgers and Liverpool

Only numerically, the prediction itself was sound.

chia
Dec 23, 2005

dkj posted:

Boeing Troll posted:

I fear you won't get a proper answer to this question since I'm pretty sure that Ribery doesn't post on here.

:drat:

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Ravel posted:

Ah well that explains it

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

euroboy posted:

Sanogo is a bit poo poo but at least he caused some trouble by running into people and not looking like a professional footballer.

I squinted my eyes and thought Jozy has signed for Arsenal.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Pissflaps posted:

Only numerically, the prediction itself was sound.

The prediction was primarily numerical though. I've respected your past prediction, was a big fan of your Manchester City one on the last day of the 12/13 season. You must own up to a misprediction and become stronger for it.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I don't think it's too late for pissflaps to retract his prediction due to brutal trolling.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

tbp posted:

The prediction was primarily numerical though. I've respected your past prediction, was a big fan of your Manchester City one on the last day of the 12/13 season. You must own up to a misprediction and become stronger for it.

Rodgers may have adjusted the bar of failure, but that only means the prediction needs recalibrating. Failure to qualify for the champions league has become failure to win the title. All the stars aligned for Liverpool to win it and they did not. The prediction was proven entirely correct in spirit.

Much like how Arsenal seemingly succeeded in signing a world class player in Ozil yet, as the season wore on, it became clear they were doing their best to reduce his talents. Would anyone describe most of his season there as world class?

Combined with the (easy) prediction of City reclaiming the Premier league title and you have a clean sweep of Pissflaps Prediction success.

Pissflaps fucked around with this message at 14:08 on May 19, 2014

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I've got a sneaking suspicion that Pissflaps is in fact Boris Johnson.

Xabi fucked around with this message at 14:08 on May 19, 2014

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Pissflaps posted:

Rodgers may have adjusted the bar of failure, but that only means the prediction needs recalibrating. Failure to qualify for the champions league has become failure to win the title. All the stars aligned for Liverpool to win it and they did not. The prediction was proven entirely correct in spirit.

Much like how Arsenal seemingly succeeded in signing a world class player in Ozil yet, as the season wore on, it became clear they were doing their best to reduce his talents. Would anyone describe most of his season there as world class?

Combined with the (easy) prediction of City reclaiming the Premier league title and you have a clean sweep of Pissflaps Prediction success.

I'm disappointed at both your backtracking and your meltdown.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

tbp posted:

I'm disappointed at both your backtracking and your meltdown.

I thought you had a more nuanced appreciation for the beautiful game than this. How sad to realise you're actually just a Football Manager player beep boop numbers.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Pissflaps posted:

I thought you had a more nuanced appreciation for the beautiful game than this. How sad to realise you're actually just a Football Manager player beep boop numbers.

I suppose you are right but I had come to appreciate the exact nature that previous predictions had come to have.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I predict that Liverpool FC in spirit will remain in the Premier League every year Mr Brendan "Biggie" Rodgers is in charge. Having said that, we might also go down (in theory).

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

tbp posted:

I suppose you are right but I had come to appreciate the exact nature that previous predictions had come to have.

The predictions are still exact in nature.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Liverpool will make the quarter finals of the Europe League and place 5th(fifth) in the England Premier Soccer League.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Wenger doing some specializing in failure

https://vine.co/v/MHitWUXivMW

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

kri kri posted:

Wenger doing some specializing in failure

https://vine.co/v/MHitWUXivMW

Bottling it

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Pissflaps posted:

A valiant attempt but it just didn't work out in the end. You are the Liverpool of posting.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Pissflaps posted:

As exercises in self-delusions go that's some top class stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small
For all his predictive prowess, Pissflaps couldn't even predict his own downfall to hubris.

• Locked thread