Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
I think I am getting too old now, because using a measuring tape to measure LOS in skirmish games doesn't work since those games requires lots of terrain where that drat hook can snag on.

What put me over the edge were weapons in Firestorm Armada with "fixed fore" (straight out of the front edge of the square). I could dip down and check, but I think with the problems with the last game, I'm willing to burn some money on a laser line pointer.

I've seen people with laser line points but they all looked the same to me. they were in cases about 2 inches wide with wide rubber buttons on top. They give off really bright lines even when held high up off the table.

I see laser lines for sale such as here http://www.calpaclasers.com/red-line-laser-pointer-p-116.html but they are thin and I am not sure if they will be able to throw lines on tables that are already saturated with bright fluorescent lights.

I can look on ebay and find laser line modules, but not completed products.

Any advice for places to look or the correct search terms to use?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here
http://www.blackanddecker.com/power-tools/BDL220S.aspx

I use one of these for marking and cutting plywood and I've never had a problem seeing the line when using it indoors. It should work for tabletop LOS.

• Locked thread