Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unicron
Oct 6, 2004

Eatin' planets, fightin', and drinkin' 'round the world!
Jumping in late on the Australia - Netherlands game love. Was heartbreaking, not because we embarassed ourselves but because we COULD HAVE WON IT!? Never expected that before the tournament. Very, very good signs for the Asian Cup and the 2018 WC qualifying campaign.

We're on the right track and we still have a chance to take some pride and a point or 3 back against Spain. Bring it on!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Looks like Adam Taggart will be going to Fulham after the World Cup for a princely sum of =<gently caress all.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)

Bogan Krkic posted:

Looks like Adam Taggart will be going to Fulham after the World Cup for a princely sum of =<gently caress all.

Is this the real life?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I just hope he doesn't do a Leijer

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Probably a good thing the forums were down for the last game.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Not really, I had nowhere to vent my rage.

edit: actually, I remember going to reddit but the AUSvsESP thread was rubbish.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

we were bad at defending. super bad at defending.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

craig forster was making annoying noises and being hyper weird the whole time too

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

my stepdads beer posted:

craig forster was making annoying noises and being hyper weird the whole time too

That just kind of goes without saying though, right?

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

rapeface posted:

Not really, I had nowhere to vent my rage.

edit: actually, I remember going to reddit but the AUSvsESP thread was rubbish.

All game day threads on reddit are rubish. Also it's hard to follow since it's all upvotes and downvotes.

DAAS Kapitalist
Nov 9, 2005

Jackass: The Mad Monk

Don't try this at home.

my stepdads beer posted:

If only they'd sabotaged his microphone for all of the games.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

my stepdads beer posted:

I liked how he kept interrupting every other commentator to just say 'great job there' or 'Tim's a great guy' or 'I know all these players on a personal level and I want to bum them' constantly

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Still a breath of fresh air after AFL commentary. They feel the need to ensure someone is always talking. Less is more, guys.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

lads we're officially shithouse on the world stage but get along to your local club for the first FFA cup thing

http://nextgame.info/ffa-cup

come on look at these great traditional badges

edit: except wollongong. wtf wollongong.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

kind of wish some bloke from nsw's 3rd division was lining up against Villa and Lampard though

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

my stepdads beer posted:

kind of wish some bloke from nsw's 3rd division was lining up against Villa and Lampard though

I'm def going to go when victory are at home and see them get shithoused by monbulk wombats or something

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I don't live in melb anymore so won't see any heart/city but I think South Hobart has a home game.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)

Bogan Krkic posted:

I'm def going to go when victory are at home and see them get shithoused by monbulk wombats or something

We got Bayswater from WA NPL, and I'm legit mad that south Melbourne didn't get through so Victory could spank them into dust. They are the ultimate gently caress you got mine team

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Tongues posted:

We got Bayswater from WA NPL, and I'm legit mad that south Melbourne didn't get through so Victory could spank them into dust. They are the ultimate gently caress you got mine team

It would have been great to smash South Melb but I'll settle for some poo poo Western Australian team. Do we play home and away? I literally have no idea how the FFA Cup works but I'm keen for it

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Bogan Krkic posted:

It would have been great to smash South Melb but I'll settle for some poo poo Western Australian team. Do we play home and away? I literally have no idea how the FFA Cup works but I'm keen for it
The teams that finished in the finals last year all have to play lower league teams away. The bottom four teams play against each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
That's interesting, I would've thought they'd have all the A league teams play lower tier teams in week one. It's like playing the fifth to eighth seeds against each other in round one of Wimbledon.

• Locked thread