Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

I remember when Sammy Ameobi tweeted about not wanting to be a 'generic black man' in FIFA 14 so they made a proper model of him ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

vyelkin posted:

It's Juan Mata on the right of the 3, Ivanovic beside Cahill, and Jese up front I think. Having Jese and Juan Mata both in the team implies it's a game he's been playing for a while, too, since before the January transfer update.

I absolutely love it that he bought and plays himself. If I were a footballer that's literally the first thing I would do in any FM game.

It's an open trp secret that this is all Lionel Messi does in his spare time, play himself in FIFA.

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"
Griezmann is also seen playing FM in another video, though it's only for a quick second and you can't make anything out on the screen.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Cabaye still plays as Newcastle

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

One of us

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Bogan Krkic posted:

I remember when Sammy Ameobi tweeted about not wanting to be a 'generic black man' in FIFA 14 so they made a proper model of him ftw

i'd forgotten about that lol

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Enigma89 posted:

One of us
I think i remember an interview on french tv during the Euro 2012 where they discussed what kind of games they liked to play and the answer was roughly "most of us play console games but there are a few football manager addicts".

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jun 21, 2014

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

How the gently caress did he buy himself Juve will refuse £100m+ bids for him. He's cheating.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Brendan Rodgers posted:

How the gently caress did he buy himself Juve will refuse £100m+ bids for him. He's cheating.

Probably used the editor and gave himself all the moves. Sly dog.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
pirlo has a chapter in his book about him and nesta playing fifa

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Slaapaav posted:

pirlo has a chapter in his book about him and nesta playing fifa

Zlatan has like 50 about him playing Call of Duty or some poo poo then agreeing to sell a watch or something.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Cart Cam posted:

Zlatan has like 50 about him playing Call of Duty or some poo poo then agreeing to sell a watch or something.

I really wish Zlatan's book had an english translation

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/0241966833?pc_redir=1403283691&robot_redir=1

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

oh my gah

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Welp I'll be buying this

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

sassassin posted:

Probably used the editor and gave himself all the moves. Sly dog.

Bet you anything that save has Pogba with 20 in all stats and everytime he does something good he gets up and shows the replay to everyone one by one.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Top of the group :toot:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Is Sissoko just back up for France? Was he any good last night?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

Is Sissoko just back up for France? Was he any good last night?

He played on the right wing in the first half and looked... energetic? Not as good as he was deeper against Switzerland (he dropped back later when Matuidi went off) but alright I guess. A bit wasteful in possession but produced more than Griezmann did from the other side.

Pogba was all over the place last night so I wouldn't be surprised to see Sissoko start at CM in the next round. Schneiderlin looked really good at DM though so maybe Cabaye will be pushed forward in that slot instead.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
Here are some pictures I took with a crappy Apple Quicktake camera in Paris the night France won the World Cup.

Here is a car on fire down in the underpass where Princess Diana's car crashed.

vintagepurple
Jan 31, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't know alot about football but my dad's french and I'm in Texas for the summer and I want to rub our victory in the face of everyone. Is this a reasonable possibility?

go back 2 Texaco
May 21, 2007

vintagepurple posted:

I don't know alot about football but my dad's french and I'm in Texas for the summer and I want to rub our victory in the face of everyone. Is this a reasonable possibility?

I'm sure there has to be a few nigerians in texas

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Lee Tunnell posted:

I'm sure there has to be a few nigerians in texas

try houston

vintagepurple
Jan 31, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Mon dieu non I meant can we win against Germany and Brazil and whatever.

there's nigérians though, they work for Comcast and provide tech supprt for phone, internet, and cable customers in New England and the DC Beltway.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

vintagepurple posted:

It's entirely possible. France looked surprisingly good, and both the Germans and the Brazilians had trouble beating their opponents.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Torrannor posted:

It's entirely possible. France looked surprisingly good, and both the Germans and the Brazilians had trouble beating their opponents.

Beating the Brazilians on their home turf would make me so happy.

CHIVERS
Apr 28, 2004

c'est quand meme la honte
Holy poo poo allez les bleus, this is such a tasty matchup. I'm watching the '82 semis and doin all the moves https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UnMBH3EGWM

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was negletin France since they've been terrible in the last years but they did a great shake up on the team. They certainly seem to have a team capable of sticking it to the krauts.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
For people who have access to French television: W9 is showing the 1982 West Germany-France semi-final.

Edit: it has the original commentaries, nice

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jul 3, 2014

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Arsenal supporters should play close attention to right back in this upcoming match imo

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Really pathetic effort today

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Too bad Ribery was injured and Nasri is a retard otherwise it could have been something

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jose posted:

Arsenal supporters should play close attention to right back in this upcoming match imo

I did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I want him to leave the league personally but he'll go to Arsenal imo

• Locked thread