Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carrier
May 12, 2009

Look Around You.

Look Around You

Just, Look Around You.

Have you figured out what it is yet?

Thats right, its The Honduran World Cup Team!

Honduras is a nation located somewhere in the world, apparently here:

but that could be anywhere.

Whats important is that they are going to come second in the world cup (behind england ofc, football is coming home!)

The Honduras national football team, nicknamed Los Catrachos, La Bicolor or La H, is the national team of Honduras and is controlled by the Federación Nacional Autónoma de Fútbol de Honduras (FENAFUTH). They are a rising team in CONCACAF, an ascent that started with their third place finish in the 2001 Copa América, where they were a late invitee, due to a withdrawal by Argentina one day prior to kickoff. To date, the team has qualified three times for the finals of the FIFA World Cup, in 1982, 2010 and 2014.

THE TEAM

GK

Noel Valladares, Donis Escober (both Olimpia), Luis Lopez (Real Espana). Nope, I don't recognise any of their names either, I imagine they are all great though! Here is a picture of what is almost certainly one of them saving a shot

Defenders

Brayan Beckeles (Olimpia), Emilio Izaguirre (Celtic), Juan Carlos Garcia (Wigan), Maynor Figueroa (Hull), Victor Bernardez (San Jose Earthquakes), Osman Chavez (Qingdao Janoon), Juan Pablo Montes (Motagua).

I recognise some of these names!!!

Emilio Izaguirre looks fun, look at him, I hope he does well, the irish will be rooting for him Im sure.

This is Juan Carlos Garcia, as I am gay, he is very attractive to me, probably good since he plays for wigan too (we all love wigan).

Maynor Figeroa is another name I recognise, here he is.

Im sure two of these 3 will play somewhere in defence, maybe all 3, who knows, who cares.

Midfield

Arnold Peralta (Rangers), Luis Garrido (Olimpia), Roger Espinoza (Wigan), Jorge Claros (Motagua), Wilson Palacios (Stoke), Oscar Garcia (Houston Dynamo), Andy Najar (Anderlecht), Mario Martinez (Real Espana), Marvin Chavez (Colorado Rapids)

Wilson Palacios
Wilson Palacios
Wilson Palacios

Forwards

Jerry Bengtson (New England Revolution), Jerry Palacios (Alajuelense), Carlo Costly (Real Espana), Rony Martinez (Real Sociedad).

I don't know who any of these people are, this is apparently Jerry Palacios he seems cool, he might play I guess, who knows.

This is their group, which they are going to own:

So thats Honduras, they are going to win it all! (apart from the actual final which england will win).

Carrier fucked around with this message at 23:58 on May 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Carlo Costly is a cool dude.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Is Honduras the country where all 5 Palacios brothers play together and set a record or something? How many Palacioses are going to the World Cup

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I don't know if they ever played together but probably not because the youngest one was killed by gangs when he was 17 or something.

Wilson is the successful one having played in England a lot, Jerry went to China for a bit and then ended up in Costa Rica. The other two never left Honduras iirc.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
the plural of palacios is palacii

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Eau de MacGowan posted:

This is true.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Eau de MacGowan posted:

he plays palatial football

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

Drogadon posted:

I don't know if they ever played together but probably not because the youngest one was killed by gangs when he was 17 or something.

Wilson is the successful one having played in England a lot, Jerry went to China for a bit and then ended up in Costa Rica. The other two never left Honduras iirc.

stoke should sign all of them and get some family dynasty poo poo going on

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

I hope Figueroa looks really good and scores some outrageous own-half goals so someone will buy him from us for lots of money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
some top top, table breaking op, much like honduras when they top the group table and break it

• Locked thread