Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abandon
Nov 23, 2006

bathroomrage posted:

lmfao of all the games to grind you ground in eso you are to mmos what great joe is to posting

you suck at reading comprehension
by "grinding" i meant walking around a few towns getting food ingredients out of crates and then cooking them all in order to get my cooking level to 20. it took half an hour. you don't grind in eso, you just do quests, endless loving quests that all basically boil down to doing the same stuff all the way through

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

Abandon posted:

by "grinding" i meant walking around a few towns getting food ingredients out of crates and then cooking them all in order to get my cooking level to 20. it took half an hour. you don't grind in eso, you just do quests, endless loving quests that all basically boil down to doing the same stuff all the way through

so you grind

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006

bathroomrage posted:

so you grind

what is grinding really
is it "the game fails to adequately maintain the illusion that i'm doing something that has narrative quality"

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
You would have to be both highly retarded and infected with an extremely virulent strain of AIDS to play Elder Scrolls Online.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

Abandon posted:

what is grinding really
is it "the game fails to adequately maintain the illusion that i'm doing something that has narrative quality"

it's repetitive bullshit the game forces you to do to get anywhere aka what most mmos are comprised of in their majority

aka what you did in eso

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

Thug Lessons posted:

You would have to be both highly retarded and infected with an extremely virulent strain of AIDS to play Elder Scrolls Online.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Abandon posted:

holy christ, shut up

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Thug Lessons posted:

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Taint reaper, the fail dollar economist

Dec 26, 2012

Thug Lessons posted:

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
There is no point in leveling in a mmo except to suck money from idiots. Can't wait to hit max level and then start the next version of progression!

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

what is grinding really?

*kills a thousand boars for boar meat to make the boar meat sword required to kill boars faster*

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
It's a kind of dance all the youngsters are doing nowadays. It's disgusting really. Kids these days have no respect for the moral fabric of society.

bigass jncos
Dec 3, 2007

Ridin' on a Mershaq back.
Video games should be fun and, well, this game wasn't! Sorry to all devs involved and rest assured that I will play any game given that it is fun .

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

bigass jncos posted:

Video games should be fun and, well, this game wasn't! Sorry to all devs involved and rest assured that I will play any game given that it is fun .

i dont think you understand video games at all

bigass jncos
Dec 3, 2007

Ridin' on a Mershaq back.

Bolverkur posted:

The Jaded Gamer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Abandon posted:

what is grinding really

Bolverkur posted:

this thread is more than willing to make me doubt everything about video games that i thought i knew

• Locked thread