Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
ludomechanics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

tiiiiiiiiiiits

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

non-consenting pvp w/ full loot

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

LaTex Fetish posted:

Are your trying to say eve online isn't a terrible game?

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

LaTex Fetish posted:

the glory days of Ultima Online :clint:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

LaTex Fetish posted:

Dark spirit PizzaLawyer420 invaded!

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

"I don't like that mooch...
or her pooch!
"
bloody screen = SO REAL

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
it has to make me "feel powerful"

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
it hAS to be an insulting fantasy of giving me back the agency that the world has taken away op

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
It has to be escapism, so I can forget about my pathetic, meaningless life and spend a few hours being complimented and being told I'm the best and a hero for doing menial, meaningless, easy tasks, the only kind of tasks I can complete in a somewhat satisfactory manner.

If a 'game' doesn't provide that, it's bad and has lame, old design, made by some idiots who still live in the 1990s.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Falsum posted:

It has to be escapism, so I can forget about my pathetic, meaningless life and spend a few hours being complimented and being told I'm the best and a hero for doing menial, meaningless, easy tasks, the only kind of tasks I can complete in a somewhat satisfactory manner.

If a 'game' doesn't provide that, it's bad and has lame, old design, made by some idiots who still live in the 1990s.

"You've returned! And you have the three bear asses we need to complete the ritual and purge the evil from this land! We owe you a great debt, indeed."

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

choices and desicions out the whazoo so dumb gamers can be disappointed again when none of it actually matters

just like democracy

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Ekster posted:

choices and desicions out the whazoo so dumb gamers can be disappointed again when none of it actually matters

just like democracy

deep choices that boil down to making kenny either smile or frown at lee during certain discussions is very meaningful you pleb

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

it has to teach me about morality

sometimes things aren't so black and white, you know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

If a game doesn't come up with interesting ways to use the gimmick it shoves in your face at the beginning, take points off for that. Watch Dogs specifically.

LaTex Fetish posted:

All MMOs should have that.

• Locked thread