Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CLAMBO!
May 6, 2007

:siren:DISREGARD THE AMAZING UNICORNS, WE ARE NOW WARBRINGER/EXILE:siren:

NCSofts new MMO Wildstar launches tonight and as always goons are rolling in mass to a standard <Goon Squad>. About 20-25 us from the WoW goon guild <Familgia Di Ythrl> are switching over to Wildstar and wanted to provide an alternative to the big goon guilds the way Familgia Di Ythrl has always been.

If you're unfamiliar with FDY we've always been a bit more relaxed and a bit less spergy than the huge goon guilds. We're less concerned with Goon purity and more concerned with if we enjoy spending time with you.

This isn't to say we're bad and don't care about button pushing. Of the 20 players comming over we're currently US #150 on WoW progression and have some 2k+ pvpers, we have a LoL tournament team (RL friends who play in local Florida trounaments), a couple D1 league players and masters SC2 players(lol).

quote:

Q: What's with the name?
We want the world to know we are men. Also, even though we're mostly from <Familgia di Ythrl> we didn't feel we were the stewards of that name so we went with something else.

Q: What's with going on Warbringer?
It's not just because we want <Goon Squad> to be able to run train on us. We were going on Pergo when it was the only announced PvP server then took a look at the 180hr queue time and said "nope" so we switched over to Warbringer.

Q: What classes do we need?
Who cares, roll what you want.

Q: I enjoy calling everyone I meet a friend of the family human being, people like me and I'm hilarious
No, go away.

Q: Are there people to play with?
Currently we have about 45 active accounts. We want more so you come now.

Q: Can my non goon friends join?
Of course.

Q: How do I join?
Post in this thread or send a tell to anyone in LGBT Fabulous Unicorns, we don't have a auth system because after 10 years of WoW, FDY's goon purity has been watered down but we still want to play with our buds.

Q: Where's your website
Droon's working on it, tell him to hurry up.

So the way we set it up is that anyone can invite into the mute rank, then an officer needs to unmute you. Since the /who function appears to be hosed up, send a tell to:
Clambo
RockPun
Imbalord
Nightehawk
Droonugar
Logarithmus

And one of those guys will take care of you.

CLAMBO! fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jun 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
The unicorn is a legendary animal that has been described since antiquity as a beast with a large, pointed, spiraling horn projecting from its forehead. The unicorn was depicted in ancient seals of the Indus Valley Civilization and was mentioned by the ancient Greeks in accounts of natural history by various writers, including Ctesias, Strabo, Pliny the Younger, and Aelian. The Bible also describes an animal, the re'em, which some translations have rendered with the word unicorn.

In European folklore, the unicorn is often depicted as a white horselike or goatlike animal with a long horn and cloven hooves (sometimes a goat's beard). In the Middle Ages and Renaissance, it was commonly described as an extremely wild woodland creature, a symbol of purity and grace, which could only be captured by a virgin. In the encyclopedias its horn was said to have the power to render poisoned water potable and to heal sickness. In medieval and Renaissance times, the horn of the narwhal was sometimes sold as unicorn horn.

Unicorns are not found in Greek mythology, but rather in accounts of natural history, for Greek writers of natural history were convinced of the reality of the unicorn, which they located in India, a distant and fabulous realm for them. The earliest description is from Ctesias who, in his book Indika ("On India"), described them as wild asses, fleet of foot, having a horn a cubit and a half (27 Strabo says that in the Caucasus there were one-horned horses with stag-like heads. Pliny the Elder mentions the oryx and an Indian ox (perhaps a rhinoceros) as one-horned beasts, as well as "a very fierce animal called the monoceros which has the head of the stag, the feet of the elephant, and the tail of the boar, while the rest of the body is like that of the horse; it makes a deep lowing noise, and has a single black horn, which projects from the middle of its forehead, two cubits in length." In On the Nature of Animals (Περὶ Ζῴων Ἰδιότητος, De natura animalium), Aelian, quoting Ctesias, adds that India produces also a one-horned horse (iii. 41; iv. 52), and says (xvi. 20) that the monoceros (Greek: μονόκερως) was sometimes called cartazonos (Greek: καρτάζωνος), which may be a form of the Arabic karkadann, meaning "rhinoceros".

Cosmas Indicopleustes, a merchant of Alexandria who lived in the 6th century, made a voyage to India and subsequently wrote works on cosmography. He gives a description of a unicorn based on four brass figures in the palace of the King of Ethiopia. He states, from report, that "it is impossible to take this ferocious beast alive; and that all its strength lies in its horn. When it finds itself pursued and in danger of capture, it throws itself from a precipice, and turns so aptly in falling, that it receives all the shock upon the horn, and so escapes safe and sound."

A one-horned animal (which may be just a bull in profile) is found on some seals from the Indus Valley Civilization. Seals with such a design are thought to be a mark of high social rank.

In heraldry, a unicorn is often depicted as a horse with a goat's cloven hooves and beard, a lion's tail, and a slender, spiral horn on its forehead (non-equine attributes may be replaced with equine ones, as can be seen from the following gallery). Whether because it was an emblem of the Incarnation or of the fearsome animal passions of raw nature, the unicorn was not widely used in early heraldry, but became popular from the 15th century. Though sometimes shown collared and chained, which may be taken as an indication that it has been tamed or tempered, it is more usually shown collared with a broken chain attached, showing that it has broken free from its bondage.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
I'd join. (I am actually ~1/4 of the guild rounded up)

Tupper
Sep 1, 2007

Fun will now commence.
Many eons ago I played the opposite faction of these guys on WoW. They killed me many times, mercilessly and relentlessly. They're pretty neat.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
You realize there's already a site for all Wildstar goon guilds to use, each with their own little subforums and everything?

edit: nevermind! someone told me you guys invite tons of non-goons, so its probably better you have your own site since ours requires a DNA sample to get in.

panda clue fucked around with this message at 05:05 on May 31, 2014

sonikburn
Jun 12, 2001

CAN I OFFER YOU A NICE EGG IN THIS TRYING TIME?

panda clue posted:

You realize there's already a site for all Wildstar goon guilds to use, each with their own little subforums and everything?

This thread is way better off here. I'm almost sold after seeing the unicorns.

Jfizzoid
Feb 8, 2005
sproing
Sounds pretty good and those unicorns are lovely.

CLAMBO!
May 6, 2007

panda clue posted:

edit: nevermind! someone told me you guys invite tons of non-goons, so its probably better you have your own site since ours requires a DNA sample to get in.

FDY's been around in WoW for 10 years, after 10 years of being able to sponsor in friends we have lost our goon purity yeah. We don't invite tons, they've just accumulated over the years.

CLAMBO! fucked around with this message at 05:25 on May 31, 2014

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

I think I might maybe make an alt here. I was in FdY way back in the day, I'm surprised you haven't been hit by a bus yet Droon 'cause you were pretty good at catching those doubleshot broadheads :haw: (tell him, he'll get it)

CLAMBO!
May 6, 2007

But Not Tonight posted:

I think I might maybe make an alt here. I was in FdY way back in the day, I'm surprised you haven't been hit by a bus yet Droon 'cause you were pretty good at catching those doubleshot broadheads :haw: (tell him, he'll get it)

He got it :)

Whoever wants to play before we get the guild made, send me a tell on Clambo and I'll add you to the circle. Let's go break some servers lads.

CLAMBO! fucked around with this message at 08:04 on May 31, 2014

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I'm in as soon as Tupper buys my copy of Wildstar.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
We're already halfway through the attunement, on our way to server first Genetic Archives. Get in on the ground floor of something great.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

1100 in queue at 7 am cst, nice. Go to sleep nerds, it's my turn to play.

DirtyTalk
Apr 7, 2013
is the queue like this even after the character is created?

space kobold
Oct 3, 2009

I'm torn between wanting to play with my FdY buddies, or playing an insane dimension hopping space hamster. :ohdear:

Oh well, I've got an estimated hour before I have to really decide.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
If you guys haven't heard, Carbine literally opened up a server for goons. A Carbine guy popped into #wildstar and said they would plug a new PVP server in if <Goon Squad> agreed to roll there (no I am not making this up). The 'big' goon guild moved over from Pergo/Dom to Warbringer/Dom, y'all should consider hopping over to Warbringer/Exile as well!

vvv Sorry for trying to make sure you guys are in the loop? I'll leave your special snowflake thread alone, then vvv

panda clue fucked around with this message at 15:14 on May 31, 2014

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

panda clue posted:

If you guys haven't heard, Carbine literally opened up a server for goons. A Carbine guy popped into #wildstar and said they would plug a new PVP server in if <Goon Squad> agreed to roll there (no I am not making this up). The 'big' goon guild moved over from Pergo/Dom to Warbringer/Dom, y'all should consider hopping over to Warbringer/Exile as well!

:frogout:

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut

panda clue posted:

vvv Sorry for trying to make sure you guys are in the loop? I'll leave your special snowflake thread alone, then vvv

That sounds like Goon Squad is getting punted to its own ghetto where they can't annoy nearly as many people

Allswell
Dec 31, 2008
For the moment the consensus is that we are staying on Pergo.

This could very easily change by the end of the day though.

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Bah gawd he had a family!
I remember hearing about this guild and joining it for a bit near the end of me playing WoW. Good to see you guys back again.

Now I just need to get WildStar... :smith:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

noELrunes posted:

I remember hearing about this guild and joining it for a bit near the end of me playing WoW. Good to see you guys back again.

Now I just need to get WildStar... :smith:

We're still around in WoW! We're actually a top 200 US guild and have two mythic raid groups planned for warlords of Draenor (if that ever comes out).

Allswell
Dec 31, 2008
:siren: Unicorns are now on Warbringer :getin::siren:

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Joined the game as Gumwood.

CLAMBO!
May 6, 2007
So we're sitting at about 35 members right now, having some fun, doing some stuff. You should come do some stuff with us.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Have a baby picture:

Taken mere minutes after I bought the guild, because Simsim was dumb and realized he wasn't high-level enough to purchase a guild after we pooled the gold together and gave it to him. Since I was closest, I popped by and created <LGBT Fabulous Unicorns>, amazing emblem every member is required to have shooting out of their shoulders and back included (well, they were his design), discovered you can't use "Gay" as a guild rank, and then handed over the Queendom to Simsim (who then gave it to CLAMBO!). Since then, all the guild ranks are now TMNT references, and we discovered that if there's a guild vote to make someone else GM, the GM can just kick out whoever is running and end the vote, effectively making CLAMBO! dictator until he gets bored.

CLAMBO!
May 6, 2007
Free character transfers are up! Warbringer's a "full" server but has managable queue times compared to some of the others (5 minutes or so). Come play with the Unicorns.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Faction uniqueness was disabled on PvP servers too if any goon squad people wanted to try both sides, or vice versa.

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

First Bass posted:

Have a baby picture:

Since then, all the guild ranks are now TMNT references, and we discovered that if there's a guild vote to make someone else GM, the GM can just kick out whoever is running and end the vote, effectively making CLAMBO! dictator until he gets bored.

The real question, can you call the vote while the GM is offline? Because anarchy and ruthless coups should be a feature of all mmos.

CLAMBO!
May 6, 2007

Langolas posted:

The real question, can you call the vote while the GM is offline? Because anarchy and ruthless coups should be a feature of all mmos.

You can, which is why I took the ability to vote away from everyone but GM rank. <LGBT Fabulous Unicorns> is very democratic, we hold votes for all kinds of things actually, my side always seems to win.

Allswell
Dec 31, 2008

CLAMBO! posted:

You can, which is why I took the ability to vote away from everyone but GM rank. <LGBT Fabulous Unicorns> is very democratic, we hold votes for all kinds of things actually, my side always seems to win.

Even the time you voted yourself out?

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Bah gawd he had a family!
7 day guest passes can't join guilds, correct?

Other then that having a fun time with this game so far :)

CLAMBO!
May 6, 2007

noELrunes posted:

7 day guest passes can't join guilds, correct?

Other then that having a fun time with this game so far :)

Nope, you can join circles though. They're basically chat channels. Hit me up and I'll throw you a invite to ours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kbell
Jan 28, 2009
Hey all I just made a stalker on exile, I'll be on again tonight. Making my way through the tutorial. We still can't skip it?

Edit: I think my name is Liara, but I'm not positive.

kbell fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jun 10, 2014

• Locked thread