Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the unabonger
Since this is a Final Fantasy forum, I thought well maybe I'd share a little unique story with everyone.

My IGN is FranBunnyFFXII, It' has been for quite some time. It's an IGN that came of some dire circumstances.

See I used to be a very well known player in an MMORPG, as well as a well known player in korean mmo scene. But with fame comes problems, and these problems were too harsh for me to deal with. I ended up getting stalked and harassed even to the point where the game masters of the game i was playing were willing to help with police reports.

So, with advice, I desided to pick out a new IGN, remove all instances of my past mmorpg presence, and start brand new, with a new IGN.
I thought about it throughly, i wanted something that ment something to me.

The first character that came to mind was Fran. She's my favorite FF character of all time. And I, being female, thought i should be cute about it, so... i was like hmmm cute... and fran has rabbit ears..

FranBunny!!!!

But i wanted to have something recognizable. well Fran is from FFXII, lets add that

Thus i came to the conclusion my new IGN would be FranBunnyFFXII.

As life goes on, i play more and more MMORPGs and just like my past before me I once again become famous in the korean MMORPG circut. Pulled multiple world firsts made some marks, and once again my fame amoung players was unexpected.

But this time, I had the history behind me without question. No one could contest my accomplisments.

Well during this time, I was living by myself and had no family and things like that, and being an MMO player on Ventrillo or TeamSpeak all the time, people of course called me by my IGN.

I got called "Franbunny" so much that I ended up losing recognition to my previous name, hearing it today still makes me double take because i'm not used to hearing that name.

The name my parents gave me I loathed, I HATED with a burning passion, and i was determined to change my name anyways.

My logic went like this... "Well im so used to being called franbunny, lets make a full name out of that."

Fran is a Viera, Ok so franbunny viera... I needed a middle name, and at the time i was reading Alice in Wonderland. (probably for like the 10th time, its my favorite book)

Well Fran is a Veena veira, white hair and ears, lets follow the white rabbit and see how far the rabbit hole goes.

Alice was to be the middle name.

Franbunny Alice Viera is now my actual name. I was named after Fran from FFXII

And no im not making this up.

Also the character in my signature is from the mmorpg i played that i became famous in as FranBunnyFFXII. That is the first character ever to hold the name "Franbunny"

Good people. Good people I tell you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

I know a dude irl who wanted to change his name to "sarge" but he is a dumb gently caress and wrote "sagre" on the form and it will cost him $180 to change it again plus it will be on his permanent record ha ha

the unabonger

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

I know a dude irl who wanted to change his name to "sarge" but he is a dumb gently caress and wrote "sagre" on the form and it will cost him $180 to change it again plus it will be on his permanent record ha ha

lol

weird

by zen death robot
change your name at the same time you change your style, and you can be a new person

Afro Doug

should have just rolled with it and pretended it was a french name

weird

by zen death robot
picture someone changing their name, but otherwise being the same, or being different but not bothering to change their name. lmbo...

dk2m
there was a guy in our college dorm that literally looked 35 yrs old so we called him master. ppl thought that was his actual name until graduation

ron color
holy poo poo hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ron color
I had to look away. The bartender kept looking back between my license and me, obviously wanting to say something. I let out a long sigh and he handed it back and looked at me expectantly. I glanced to meet his stare briefly "Ill hhave a...a straw-brr-ita" I said but he came back with the cranberry one and I looked between him and it. I sighed again and paid for it.

• Locked thread