Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris Awful
Oct 2, 2005

Tell your friends they don't have to be scared or hungry anymore comrades.
And they deserve public compensation in the form of a minimum income guarantee.

If the owner of privately owned fast food restaurant only earns $10,000 total income for 2014, he should be compensated by the public to bring his total earned income up to $30,000. Like wise, if a hamburger flipper only earns $16,000 for 2014, he should be compensated by the public to bring his total earned income up to $30,000.

Providing fast food, LCD TVs, or any goods and services is a public service - plain and simple.

Imagine for yourself if we did not have these public servants. When was the last time you performed the labor required to produce an LCD TV with your own resources?

The real reason we have wealth inequality and high poverty is that we fail to recognize and compensate the public service produced by those contributing to our modern economy.

(Of course we don't compensate some dumbass who opens a Taco Bell in the middle of the ocean... or do we? There must be a test to determine if a public service is being provided.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

passive aggressive "joke" post from gently caress the ROW

Chris Awful
Oct 2, 2005

Tell your friends they don't have to be scared or hungry anymore comrades.
Oops. I might have posted this in the wrong forum.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
is the oceanic taco bell on the sea floor in a dome sealab style or is it on an oil rig

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
do a public service and stop posting lol

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Torka posted:

passive aggressive "joke" post from gently caress the ROW

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Agree, OP.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

:D

G.I. Jaw
Mar 26, 2003

More cake, Mrs. Tuffington?

Nap Ghost
Agree OP, there also needs to be an income cap. Doctors, especially Proctologists, make more money than they're worth. I stick my finger in people's butts all the time for free and they don't even have to make an appointment.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
as long as they're preventing your kind from entering the store, I agree that they are providing a public service

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
I disagree op.
If everybody got a chemical engineer degree from MIT like me there would be no poors.

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

another good thing about a minimum guaranteed income is that cops are providing the exact opposite of a public service, so we can make them pay us $30,000 a year

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
When the revolution starts please hook me up with some AK47s and I will gladly give my life for the cause. Just saying.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
But my Big Mac will cost like $100! Enjoy your hope and change!

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

another good thing about a minimum guaranteed income is that cops are providing the exact opposite of a public service, so we can make them pay us $30,000 a year

But if we give them the minimum income, maybe the hundreds of 'good cops' on these very forums won't have to choose between feeding their family and reporting the thousands and thousands of instances of abuse any more!

AdvancesMONKEY
Mar 30, 2010

by Lowtax
Even if GMI would be better for businesses in the long run the immediate loss of power, for small business owners especially, over their employees would be socially crushing. Many 'self made businessmen' rely on their economic position to think of themselves as 'grown ups who make the rules.' GMI will never be acceptable to this type because it weakens this position. Most upsides like an increase in entrepreneurship that would come from a better welfare state would be even more threatening to these petty tyrants as well.

On the plus side, outside of rhetoric, these people hold no sociopolitical power what so ever and are just used when big bussinesses need to attach a more human face to some vile policy. See: The recent attempts at weakening child labor laws by the agriculture industry, framed with the rhetoric of 'family businesses.'

AdvancesMONKEY fucked around with this message at 16:22 on May 31, 2014

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

I swim in a giant vault of money every morning.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Alright fine, but how do we close the borders

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
actually I provide a public service as I am a child protective services social worker, you don't do anything of real importance at all and should be compensated as such.

Barfoid 3
Jun 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Delete GBS

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Look, I have a garden party to prepare for today, so I cannot possibly spend the time telling you all the reasons why you are wrong.

Lets just assume I spent the next 5 pages owning you and everyone else and you can just preemptively close this thread.

Thanks in advance.

Posted from my iPad.

AdvancesMONKEY
Mar 30, 2010

by Lowtax

Angry Birds Suicide posted:

actually I provide a public service as I am a child protective services social worker, you don't do anything of real importance at all and should be compensated as such.

Lol social work is woman's work, your husband can pay most of your living expenses.

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003
All workers should be considered HR Managers since they are obviously the most important job in our society

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bigzak posted:

All workers should be considered HR Managers since they are obviously the most important job in our society

HR Directors.

HR Managers are meh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica

Rhonyn Peacemaker posted:

HR Directors.

HR Managers are meh.

Don't you have a garden party

• Locked thread