Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
How is a 13 year old PC game still on shelves? I mean, I know the PC isle is pretty much neglected after steam, but you think they would have to remove unsold inventory eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Because Dark Souls doesn't have a low bar for entry.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I see copies of half life pretty regularly and its almost 17 years old

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
some people just wanna play a game ob their old lovely computer sometimes.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
blizzard made 3d models to pose and take pictures of them to make sprites to make D2

think about that for a second

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Protagonist posted:

blizzard made 3d models to pose and take pictures of them to make sprites to make D2

think about that for a second

Worked for donkey kong?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

keyvin posted:

How is a 13 year old PC game still on shelves? I mean, I know the PC isle is pretty much neglected after steam, but you think they would have to remove unsold inventory eventually.
because it's not on steam

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
it's a good game

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
So I downloaded the client from battle.net and figured I'd go through normal again. I don't remember BNET being this laggy. Everything is jerky as gently caress and I've died twice due to lag.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
Yeah for twenty loving dollars.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

RulerSmack posted:

Yeah for twenty loving dollars.

I don't know why it's not just freeware at this point. I mean there's no way blizzard still makes money from this game's sales.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Bobnumerotres posted:

I don't know why it's not just freeware at this point. I mean there's no way blizzard still makes money from this game's sales.

it was given away for free if you got the CE of Diablo 3.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Bobnumerotres posted:

SimCity 4 was (is) the same way. Some games - often 2D isometric games with low system requirements and broad appeal - just have an insanely long sales tail. There are just enough people willing to buy it to make it worth keeping on the shelves.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
When I registered my CD key for starcraft 1 on the new BNET thing to download a copy it gave me Brood War for free, I only ever had it because I copied my home boy's CD.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

The Taint Reaper posted:

it was given away for free if you got the CE of Diablo 3.

that's not free at all

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

I killed Old Iron King

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Bobnumerotres posted:

Actually Blizzard is still making money off it which is why it isn't free, hope this helps.

• Locked thread