Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looke

I am currently writing my assignment on leadership in care of patients with chronic kidney disease and am very bored.

What can I do to procrastinate and avoid writing anymore of my essential assignment? Hint, tricks and secrets much appreciated!

Here is a picture of me writing the assignment atm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
drop out
drink til you drop and go kill a cop baby that's my advice

SIDS Vicious

breaking my own jaw

Looke

ChairmanMeow posted:

drop out
drink til you drop and go kill a cop baby that's my advice

that sounds like very sound advice thank you

I have also found browsing the SA frontpage (yes there is one lol) v entertaining and will spend the next 2 years of my life reading all of the hilarious articles posted on there

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!

Sid Vicious posted:

breaking my own jaw

also a solid diet plan

Looke

Sid Vicious posted:

breaking my own jaw

break your jaw? sure I guess if you don't sue

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
just completely jam out to some music you love and maybe look for shapes in the wall, if it's textured, and get so into it you can't sleep or concentrate. it's rad stuff, it's how i avoided all my assignments

Eye of Widesauron

Do searches on JSTOR while claiming that you are doing work towards your lit review

Then later do the lit review and half your paper just got written easily

:smug:

E: I did my thesis like this while playing Civ V

SIDS Vicious

no teacher has ever made me do a project after i broke my own jaw just sayin

Eye of Widesauron

Sid Vicious posted:

no teacher has ever made me do a project after i broke my own jaw just sayin

We had someone fail comps because they got hit by a car and failed to provide notification

:negative:

Looke

thanks these are all very useful. I've decided I'm going to just write non-stop not bothering to check punctuation, spelling and references etc. Once I've finished that then I'll have a break for a day and then go through it editing parts out adding the references as needed and then after a few days of that checking punctuation spelling etc. Hopefully I'll last long enough to finish this bastard before having to start my dissertation.

Eye of Widesauron

Looke posted:

thanks these are all very useful. I've decided I'm going to just write non-stop not bothering to check punctuation, spelling and references etc. Once I've finished that then I'll have a break for a day and then go through it editing parts out adding the references as needed and then after a few days of that checking punctuation spelling etc. Hopefully I'll last long enough to finish this bastard before having to start my dissertation.

Good luck. I'll be starting mine in a month

:negative:

I fear submitting mine to the library every time I do it bleeds red and I feel dumb

ulvir

I usually start looking at pictures and videos of cattes + other cute little critters and that always makes the time run out

ulvir

oh youre not gonna procrastinate after all. youre on your own I guess

deep dish peat moss

I'll write it for you for $50 on Paypal, OP.

Looke

I decided now is a perfect time for a power nap. I'm sure that when I get up I will be 110% productive

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

Widestancer posted:

Do searches on JSTOR while claiming that you are doing work towards your lit review

Then later do the lit review and half your paper just got written easily

:smug:

E: I did my thesis like this while playing Civ V

I did this during this current semester cept google scholar + Wikipedia roll on those A's.

Exams start in 9 days who wants to do them for me?

ron color
hardcore academics don't worry about spelling or punctuation, it's a giant sham so you'll take an extra few years of school learning about predicates and gerunds it sounds like you've got a good plan though

Captain No-mates

Looke posted:

I decided now is a perfect time for a power nap. I'm sure that when I get up I will be 110% productive

lmao

ulvir

ron color posted:

hardcore academics don't worry about spelling or punctuation, it's a giant sham so you'll take an extra few years of school learning about predicates and gerunds it sounds like you've got a good plan though

academic writing taught me everything I know about posting in byob. citing a source is basic the same as saying "this but unironically" or "same"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typical Gnu

ulvir posted:

academic writing taught me everything I know about posting in byob. citing a source is basic the same as saying "this but unironically" or "same"

[1]

• Locked thread