Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Polidoro posted:

Well, time to ask again. Gas thread, ban OP from all forums related activity for four months.

I concur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Shrapnig posted:

I concur.

In addition, get hosed Uruguay.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Disappointing run. Are there any up and comers for Uruguay that might make for a better run next time around?

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
We have this kid called 40-year-old Diego Forlan.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Is Abel Hernandez still insane? He was good in Serie B this year!

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

I hear he's a bit of a drunk, and had problems with Tabarez in the past but I think Tabarez won't continue with the NT so...

He really isn't any good, though.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

vulturesrow posted:

Disappointing run. Are there any up and comers for Uruguay that might make for a better run next time around?

Suarez will be like a new signing

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

'the guardian' posted:

Luis Suárez bite ban: Uruguay president calls Fifa ‘old sons of bitches’
• José Mujica says the Suárez punishment is a ‘fascist ban’
• President told journalist to ‘publish’ his attack

The president of Uruguay, José Mujica, has called Fifa “a bunch of old sons of bitches” in another attack on football’s world governing body following Luis Suárez’s lengthy ban for biting the Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini.

The 79-year-old also described the Liverpool striker’s four-month suspension from all football, plus nine international matches and a £65,000 fine, as a “fascist ban”.

Mujica, who had said previously that Suárez was being punished by Fifa because of his humble background, continued his verbal assault at a reception for the Uruguay team after they returned home from the World Cup following their 2-0 defeat to Colombia in the last 16.

Asked by a journalist what his lasting memory of the World Cup would be, Mujica said: “Fifa are a bunch of old sons of bitches.” The president then covered his mouth to feign shock at what he had just said, but when asked by the journalist if he wanted to rectify his comments, he responded: “Publish it.”

Mujica then conceded that Suárez deserved to be punished for his bite on Chiellini during last week’s World Cup Group D clash in Natal – the third such incident in the Uruguay striker’s professional career - but criticised the severity of the ban. “They could have punished him, but not given him this fascist ban,” added Mujica.

The Uruguay football federation has informed Fifa it will appeal against Suárez’s ban. On Saturday, it emerged that the player’s defence against a charge of biting an opponent was that he lost his balance and hit his face on Chiellini’s shoulder. Those claims were dismissed by Fifa’s seven-man disciplinary committee before imposing the punishment on the 27-year-old.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
To be fair, FIFA definitely are a bunch of old sons of bitches.

Maradonna Summer
Oct 22, 2005

Our love will last forever

TRP Post Of The Tournament Winner World Cup 2014
mods please close the threads of all disqualified teams and probate the OPs for 6 hours thanks

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Glad to see that Suarez is just a normal dude from Uruguay.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Someone please bomb this country

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm wondering what the fascist element of the ban is supposed to be

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Why did Diego Lugano get a yellow card in the last match? Did he do anything, or was it just Lugano being Lugano?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

oliwan posted:

I'm wondering what the fascist element of the ban is supposed to be

Nothing. Fascist is something people here accuse others of being when they don't feel like giving arguments and they automatically win (in their minds).

Qu Appelle posted:

Why did Diego Lugano get a yellow card in the last match? Did he do anything, or was it just Lugano being Lugano?

He stepped on the pitch after Gaston Ramirez kicked someone near the line.

• Locked thread